Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Poison Ivy - Design Phase

Maybe the plants have air sacs that float on the hot air generated by the lava fields ?

Sir G, if you get a chance can you update the 1st page with whatever the current incarnation of Ivy is ?

After 4 pages it's kinda confusing where she is at now
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:47 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not feelin the carry idea. I could understand if she was using her mind to control them and needed to concentrate fully on that one individual,but many times in video games, comics and TV we see her controlling like 3 or more cops. I just don't see it becoming all that problematic to control more than one not to mention how interesting it could make the game.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I do love the Mindshackle power. To make it a little more thematic, how about adding to the power that the mindshacked hero must carry Poison Ivy with them when they move? That would also make it so she could only mindshackle one hero at a time.
I like the idea that the hero carries Poison Ivy. If the hero is carrying Poison Ivy, the hero might get one less attack and defense die.
I think you guys need to ask yourselves if you like that carry aspect with or without the attack/defense boosts enough to cut something else on the card. There isn't anyway we can have it all, and I don't need that carry ability more than I like where everything else is headed. Btw, I think the placement of Jungle Brushes is awesome! and much more thematic than anything else we could or have put on this card. Poison Ivy should always, in every media, be growing plants.

Go Iconic. Go Green.
I don't know if this is too wordy.

PHEROMONE CONTROL AND CARRY
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 2 spaces of Poison Ivy and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, take control of the Hero and that Hero’s Army Card. Remove any Order Markers on the controlled figure’s Army Card. The Hero must carry Poison Ivy whenever it moves. The Hero will have one less die for move, attack and defense while being controlled by Poison Ivy. If Poison Ivy is destroyed, control of all affected Heroes returns to the players who controlled the Heroes before Pheromone Control.
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I don't know if this is too wordy.

PHEROMONE CONTROL AND CARRY
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 2 spaces of Poison Ivy and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, take control of the Hero and that Hero’s Army Card. Remove any Order Markers on the controlled figure’s Army Card. The Hero must carry Poison Ivy whenever it moves. The Hero will have one less die for move, attack and defense while being controlled by Poison Ivy. If Poison Ivy is destroyed, control of all affected Heroes returns to the players who controlled the Heroes before Pheromone Control.
Hmm.. if we're requiring Carry, we should make it adjacent (or engaged). It also might simply things if she started the game with a PHEROMONE CONTROL marker and put it on the Hero. Then we could word it so that the card with the marker receives the Carry power while it has the marker on it and Poison Ivy could only control one hero at a time (because she only has one marker).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just chiming in to say:

A) Her plant growing powers are pretty close to supernatural in modern comics

and

B) Hate the carry idea - I'm with McCrimson's logic completely. I just don't see what it adds really, and it subtracts from gameplay and the cleanness of the card for me. Hope Sir G doesn't decide to go that way.

Just my :twocents:

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, looking at it written out shows how clunky the Carry is when added to the mindshackling.

It's almost as clunky as growing plants!

Quote:
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Growing plants is original and creative and unheard of, maybe even controversial, but not clunky. Not if you've read the actual power write up. It's actually reading as pretty straightforward, IMO.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Growing plants is original and creative and unheard of, maybe even controversial, but not clunky. Not if you've read the actual power write up. It's actually reading as pretty straightforward, IMO.
I don't mean the write-up is clunky. I mean the actual putting plants on the map is clunky. It is creative and fun though.

Quote:
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:40 PM

I guess that all depends on how good you are with your hands.

Old April 5th, 2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I guess that all depends on how good you are with your hands.

Quote:
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Exactly.

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

PHEROMONES
All opponents’ figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Poison Ivy roll 2 fewer attack and defense dice, to a minimum of 1 die. Androids and Soulborgs are not affected by Pheromones.

TOXIC KISS 12
After moving and before attacking, Poison Ivy may choose an adjacent small or medium figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. Androids and Soulborgs are not affected by Toxic Kiss 12.

PLANT ANIMATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Brush Piece within 6 clear sight spaces of Poison Ivy. Roll attack dice once for all opponents’ figures adjacent to the chosen Tree or Jungle Brush. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Fixed Wording. I removed the last line on the Spec. ATK because you said opponents figures.

I really think Pheromones is too strong. As referenced already, look at arksied. -1 ATK and -1 DEF for adjacent figures. Keeping the power the same, she should go up to at least 350. I suggest dropping her base attack and defense to 2 each if you want to keep the power the same.

I like the concept for the other 2 powers. It really shows Poison Ivy's capability. I think Toxic Kiss would work better by removing Order Marker(s) because Poison Ivy's kiss can put people to sleep.

Aside from Pheromones, overall you did a great job.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library