Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Dungeon Twister

Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop!!!!! Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!

-insert signature here-
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop!!!!! Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!
I agree. I have yet to fully enjoy the base game. now i have to buy everything else......
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ok..so if I go ahead and buy DT:Prison then I can sell my original DT: Basic Set right?

Hell I would probably just buy the box to fit all of the expansions I already have
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Had a pretty one-sided game against my brother in law, I won 5-0. :P

It was his first time, and he was still learning. When I started to explain the rules he was like "Yeah, yeah, let's just play it and we'll see".

He said he'd like to try again when his brain was working again. I did my best to show him where he could make advantageous moves, but he got spanked.

I totally underestimated the advantage you get by being the one to reveal a room my first few games.

And I've also learned not to place too many of my markers on my opponent's side of the board in case they decide to just stick to one of their opening rooms.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; December 20th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:15 PM
has been BANNED

Ok just in case no one saw this over on BGG...

and the video of it in action...

http://www.mvdzign.com/gaming_site/dt_video.html

Simply amazing what some people can do
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:18 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

All that is needed is a sound effect as the tile turns. Like some stone door opening.

Played two games last night with my son. We each won one. Tie breaker will be Saturday night.

Old February 7th, 2010, 04:26 PM

L3viathan Woo who?

Has anyone thought of using Heroscape figures to replace those unaesthetic DT character carton stands? I'm sure it could work out very nicely and offer a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

My basic set+3/4 player and Fire&Water expansion arrive this week so I'll figure it out myself I suppose
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've thought about it, but haven't been able to play this game for many months now.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3viathan View Post
Has anyone thought of using Heroscape figures to replace those unaesthetic DT character carton stands? I'm sure it could work out very nicely and offer a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

My basic set+3/4 player and Fire&Water expansion arrive this week so I'll figure it out myself I suppose
I purchased the figures for the base game and the paladin expansion. And figures came with the prison set. It is so much more fun than the cardboard figures. Haven't tried using Heroscape figures but I think the bases are a liitle too big.

Old February 8th, 2010, 01:34 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:

I purchased the figures for the base game and the paladin expansion. And figures came with the prison set. It is so much more fun than the cardboard figures. Haven't tried using Heroscape figures but I think the bases are a liitle too big.
They are definitely too big. If you go to BGG you can find printable tiles that are larger that will accomodate Scape figs or and 25-28MM fig. The are in the files section and were created for people who wanted to build the 3D dungeon. I think they were only created for the Basic Set though.
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:40 AM

L3viathan Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:

They are definitely too big. If you go to BGG you can find printable tiles that are larger that will accomodate Scape figs or and 25-28MM fig. The are in the files section and were created for people who wanted to build the 3D dungeon. I think they were only created for the Basic Set though.

Bigger DT dungeon tiles is very interesting idea. Unfortunately the design quality of the BGG tiles is not so good. I wish I could find somewhere the original tiles in a larger resolution to print them and then play DT with some Heroscape minis. That would be awesome!

Thanks for the heads up onacara!
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:

For 30$ in the BGG Marketplace a guy is selling both blue and yellow sets of the miniatures. Heroscape wouldn't work well due to the larger base size, but DDM or Starwars Minis would as they have a smaller base.

BTW: For people who don't know, there are 2 versions of the Basic set - the older, first printing has thinner tiles that are not the same thickness of every expansion that came after it. Lay your Basic tile next to any expansion tile, and if they're not the same, you have an original set. Asmodee has an "upgrade kit" you can get from some retailers still that replaces all the comoponents of the Basic set except the cards, to make them all the same. It's getting harder to find, and I have an extra here if someone needs it.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games