Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking East View Post
I'm not saying that the warden is a great piece, just that he probably deserves a little better rank than a C-. I was thinking along the lines of a C+. He is definitely not an A rank which is what many of the units he is being judged against for substitution are.
Definetly. The guy is still scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Compare to Valgaurd. How many armies does he spring to mind in right of the bat? I think the two should be at least the same rank.
Old November 6th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Oh c'mon what army isn't better with Raelin. She is to Heroscape what "wrapped in bacon" is to the food industry.
So is Isamu the "tasty cream filling"? Not quite as awesome as bacon, but delicious if you have room to squeeze it in.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
At 530, I'd take the warden. I don't like Kumiko. I just don't see her value at all. At 540 and at 550 I'd go with Krav and Laglor for sure, but at 530, warden...though obviously one seldom used point total where one particular army might use him isn't much to merit a bump, huh?
If the warden really is the best option for 'trons at 530 (and I'm not convinced, but it's certainly possible) then I think that alone merits a bump to at least the C+ range. Helping what is arguably the best army in the game at any reasonable tournament point level is a significant effect.
I'd much rather play Spider's GenCon 2008 winner and eat the 10 points, or play 3x each Tron and Laglor.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

No!!! my dream army khomuset zetts master win and dund
is a C army!!
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Oh c'mon what army isn't better with Raelin. She is to Heroscape what "wrapped in bacon" is to the food industry.
So is Isamu the "tasty cream filling"? Not quite as awesome as bacon, but delicious if you have room to squeeze it in.
I've started referring to Isamu as "Parsley." You never start a meal with parsley as the goal but you put it on the plate if there's room for it.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I call the Big One Bitey.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I call the Big One Bitey.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I've started referring to Isamu as "Parsley." You never start a meal with parsley as the goal but you put it on the plate if there's room for it.

Well, if A+ Raelin Is Bacon, and A+ Isamu Parsley, then what does that make the A+ rats? Bacon Bits? You always want a sprinkling of Bacon Bits.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Well, if A+ Raelin Is Bacon, and A+ Isamu Parsley, then what does that make the A+ rats? Bacon Bits? You always want a sprinkling of Bacon Bits.
I don't have a name for the rats when I include them in my army, but I've got quite a few names for them when I see them in my opponent's army.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, after reading through several pages to catch up I do have one question.

In regards to Sir Gilbert. He is given the A+ ranking not in of himself being an awesome unit (Like Q9) but more so that he makes other good units awesome (specifically the KOW). He is no where near as versatile as Raelin who helps everyone, or the rats that can tossed into any army.
He buffs are Jandar specific, and really make a big difference for a portion of the Jandar army (again read KOW as the primary beneficiary.)
This is all fine and I am not going to argue if A+ is where he should be.

Though I will enquire then why the Glads/Blasts are not A+, or at least one of them. They have an excellent tourney winning record (better than Gilberts) and have the same criteria that got Gilbert into the A+ world. In of themselves they are fairly lack luster, however combined they are arguably the best two unit combo in the game. Without their partner squad I would think they would be in the C Rank, but who in their right mind plays one without the other?
So again, these guys are not awesome by themselves(like Gilbert) their biggest buff is with each other (like Gilbert + KOW) but yet they are a serious tourney threat whenever they show up.

So then if Gilbert makes A+ for similar reasons, then why are not the Glad/Blast A+ for those same reasons even though they have a better tourney track record?

Not that I really care if Gilbert and the Glad/Blasts are either A+ or A, but if you use one criteria for a unit, shouldnt that same criteria be used for the other units?

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mostly likely because Gilbert can work with multiple squads, while the Blasts ONLY work (in a tourny sense) with the Glads.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yep, Gilbert may be general specific, but there are several units he can give a movement boost too. Glads/Blasts on the other hand are squad specific (though the Blasts do get bonuses for any Vydar Soulborg).

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion