Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 21st, 2009, 11:02 AM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker
Madison, WI NHSD event

When:
October 17th from Noon to 5pm-ish. I'll be there around 11ish to start set up.

Where:
Misty Mountain
4672 Cottage Grove Road
Madison, WI 53716
608-441-0312
http://www.mistymountaingames.com/madison/?page_id=4

Format:
5 round swiss tournament. Rounds will be 50 minutes of kill-em all.

Armies:
600 point armies with the "Jotun rule" for Marvel, meaning that Venom, Spiderman, Red Skull, and Captain America are legal. Just to mix things up a little bit, let's say your army has to include units from at least 3 different generals, Marvel will count as a general. 24 hex starting zones, repaints are fine, if they are of exclusives make sure you bring a printed out card.

What to Bring:
Your army, dice, wound markers, and order markers. There will also be a $5 dollar entry fee to cover prize costs or you can just bring a prize for the prize table. Please let me know ahead of time if you are going to bring a prize, I hope to have something for everyone and need to know how much to get.

Maps:
Highways and Dieways
Fire Isles
Ticalla Sunrise

Depending on how big this gets, I'm going to need help with maps. I will bring 2x Highways and Dieways, 1x Fire Isles, and 2x Ticalla Sunrise. Let me know if you will be able to help.

Glyphs:
There will be two glyphs for each map:
Erland (Summoning) and Dagmar (Initiative +8 ) for Highways and Dieways
Astrid (Attack +1) and Valda (Move +2) for Fire Isles
Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1) and Wannok (Wound) for Ticalla Sunrise
Glyphs will be placed where shown on the maps, however they will be placed randomly. So Ulaniva and Wannok on Ticalla Sunrise may be flip flopped and not what is shown on the map. Glyphs will be flipped or just placed face up before play begins.

Scoring:
Your score will be determined by adding your remaining points to the points of units you destroyed of your opponents. Whole card scoring and not figure specific; if any 4 10th Reg die that counts as a card.
Example: You have remaining 175 points worth of figures and destroyed 595 points worth of your opponents figures, your score would be 770.

Prizes:
Skull Mountain by Krusni
$25 HouseMouse gift certificate
3x Agent Skahen
SoTM Master Set
RoTV Master Set
Snipers and Vipers
Grut Orcs
The IX Roman Legion
Heroes of Bleakwoode
4x Braves and Brawlers
4x Dwarves and Repulsors
4x Dividers and Defenders
4x Heroes of the Moon
2x $15 Misty Mountain gift certificates

Since at this point there are more prizes than there are attendees, prizes will be claimed one at a time according to your placement. Then after everyone gets one pick, the process will repeat for a second prize until all prizes are claimed. That's right, I don't want to take any of this stuff home! It's all for you guys. I know some of us already have extensive Heroscape collections, if you do not want to take a second pick in order to let someone lower in placement get a second pick, I would not be offended. Thanks Yodaking for reminding me to add this.

Dice Rolling Etiquette
Not to be a stickler about this, but I just wanted to set some rules so we are all on the same page what to do if a dice falls on the floor and what not. Dice that fall on the floor, land on the map, or are stacked after rolling will cause a complete re-roll of all combat dice for the action that the dice were being rolled for. I would advise bringing a container or tower to roll in, the tables are really bouncy at Misty Mountain, however there is a lot of rolling space so I am not going to require it.

Pictures
I will have a camera at the event to take pictures. If I do not end up playing I will take pictures of the event. If I do end up playing, I will take pictures when I can, but I will leave my camera on a table when I am playing, feel free to grab it and snap a few pictures if your game gets over early. Also feel free to bring your own camera and snap your own pictures, I just ask that you post some of them when the tournament is over, to try to promote this.

Attendance:
I'm going to cap this at 24 (probably ambitious) but I don't want this to get too carried away.

Attending:
Queenmojo (if needed)
funnymark (+1)
Harlax (+son)
Krusni
Queenmojo sister (Laurel)
mkat51 (+1)
Nukatha (maybe +1)
Scapemaster
Turtleking99 (+1)
Lord Pyre (+1)
Jesusfreak13 (+1)
ElvenEnvy (+1 spectator)
Yodaking
Therion (+1)
Hsskor
Horde Lorde

Maybes:
None, nada, zilch

We are friends, ouch.

Last edited by Queenmojo; October 16th, 2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 05:19 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker
Re: Madison, WI NHSD event

I'm in. Put down my son as a maybe.

I can help with maps as well. At least one of each.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old September 21st, 2009, 05:44 PM

Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker

I had something planned that weekend, but it's not too important...

I am kind of tempted to go lose.

Sir Cumference is Favre Kirby in the....
Virtual Cave

(see avatar)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM

Krusni is surprisingly tart

Count me in on this. I can bring 1 highways and dieways, and 2 of both of the others. Just let me know what you want me to bring. Game On!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

I updated the first post with glyphs, scoring and the format. Thanks for being able to help with maps Krusni and Harlax, I'll let you know a little closer to the date what I'll need you to bring. Invite your friends everyone we only need 4 more attendees to get prize support!

We are friends, ouch.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenmojo View Post
I updated the first post with glyphs, scoring and the format. Thanks for being able to help with maps Krusni and Harlax, I'll let you know a little closer to the date what I'll need you to bring. Invite your friends everyone we only need 4 more attendees to get prize support!
I'm almost positive I can make it, but it's kinda hard to look ahead for my school schedule. If I do make it, I'd probably bring one or two people, also.
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM

funnymarx has disabled reputation

Might be able to bring 1 Highways and Dieways.

(Really terrain poor here)
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnymarx View Post
Might be able to bring 1 Highways and Dieways.

(Really terrain poor here)
Thanks, you shouldn't feel any pressure to try to scrape something together, it looks like we will have plenty of maps based on what Harlax and Krusni have offered to bring. Thanks for the offer though

Lord Pyre: I'll put you +1 for now, since you seem pretty sure you can make it. Let me know if this is not cool.

We are friends, ouch.
Old September 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Lord Pyre: I'll put you +1 for now, since you seem pretty sure you can make it. Let me know if this is not cool.
I asked off work, I just need to check school now. This is for sure the date, then? No chance of changing?

And if you need, I can probably take a Fire Isles and Ticalla Sunrise. I don't like lugging the pieces around, but I could if you're still short.

And this is a Saturday? I thought it was a Sunday, like last year! That'll work better, since I don't have to find a replacement organist at church again.
Old September 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I asked off work, I just need to check school now. This is for sure the date, then? No chance of changing?

And if you need, I can probably take a Fire Isles and Ticalla Sunrise. I don't like lugging the pieces around, but I could if you're still short.

And this is a Saturday? I thought it was a Sunday, like last year! That'll work better, since I don't have to find a replacement organist at church again.
The date is set in stone and it is a Saturday.

We are friends, ouch.
Old September 24th, 2009, 07:08 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
The date is set in stone and it is a Saturday.
Sweet.

I'll let you know probably within a week, if that's alright.
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM

mkat51 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I plan on coming plus my friend

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day