Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 28th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Got 4 packs of Most Wanted in the mail yesterday!

Now I just need to wait for my 7 Feedback Array cards to come in the mail so I can run my 7 Murdersquishing Zs swarm!
Old March 1st, 2015, 10:23 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Got 4 packs of Most Wanted in the mail yesterday!

Now I just need to wait for my 7 Feedback Array cards to come in the mail so I can run my 7 Murdersquishing Zs swarm!
Yep, a Swarm that doesn't die to the Phantom.

I told myself that I would get some Starvipers and then play with what I have. After playing against 2 Aggressors I think I'm going to get the rest of Scum. >_>

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:03 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Been playing with and against more s and v.

Had a blast (ha, get it) with a bomb extraordinaire squad.

Emon w recon spec, seismic charge x 2, proximity mine, andrasta title
Syndicate thug w ion turret, seismic charge, R4 agromech, new title x 2

If your opponent isn't used to playing against bombs and most aren't, they can do some serious surprise damage.

Also Palob, one of the new hawks, is just a huge pain. Especially against ties that can't target lock. Stealing tokens is just dirty! I love the theme so far with s and v!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:14 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

So I have 5 TIE's, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing and 1 TIE Advanced. What should I get next? Which expansions are most fun? Which one has Porkins in it?

I'm kind of interested in the Lamda Shuttle and the Moldy Crow; probably the Millenium Falcon...what's a Star Wars ship battle without a Millenium Falcon?

Any opinions to share?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

My favorite ship is the TIE Interceptor - it's a complete glass cannon and your goal is to keep out of everyone's arc so they can't shoot at you but you can shoot at them. Imperial Aces includes 2 TIE Interceptors with a lot of pilots and good upgrades.

Rebel Aces is also a good purchase, giving you one A-wing (a flanker that's hard to hit) and one B-wing (effectively a slow moving X-wing with less evade dice but more shields). The pilots in that expansion have some really fun abilities.

The Falcon was my first purchase (even before the core set! ). It takes up about half your points in a standard game, which is great for a beginning player with only a few other ships.

The Moldy Crow (Hwk-290) is more of a support piece; get some other Rebel ships before getting that one. The Imperial Shuttle flies like a brick, but it's insanely cheap for its stats and there are a lot of ways to upgrade it to make it fly differently. I don't own a Shuttle yet, but it looks like one of the most fun ships in the game.

Welcome to the addiction Porkins. It's like Heroscape all over again.

Last edited by Arch-vile; March 3rd, 2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: The Rebel Transport has Porkins, Wes, Hobbie, and Tarn Mison.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:54 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
So I have 5 TIE's, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing and 1 TIE Advanced. What should I get next? Which expansions are most fun? Which one has Porkins in it?

I'm kind of interested in the Lamda Shuttle and the Moldy Crow; probably the Millenium Falcon...what's a Star Wars ship battle without a Millenium Falcon?

Any opinions to share?

The Rebel Transport has Porkins in it. It also has the amazing Tarn Mison! I do wish Porkins was a better unit, however.

Also, I definitely recommend several Z-95s, they are a swarm backbone for the Rebels. Also check out Wave 6's Scum and Villiany!

Basically, buy whatever you can. By at least one of everything so you can get all the cards. Some figures, such as the TIE Fighters and Z-95s, you'll want multiples of to form as backbone/filler to your lists.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 01:22 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Buy at least one of everything so you can get all the cards.
Meh, been there, done that, and now I have a lot of Heroscape figures that never get used. I plan to purchase more cautiously this time, trying to figure out what I think I'd like playing before buying it.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 01:50 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Shuttle x 4!! (Must Buy!)

In all reality if you don't want to just buy one of everything and go from there. Your best bet is just to figure out your play style.

For instance I have decided that I do much better with ships that can go through asteroids instead of around them (Shuttles and Decimators vs Fighters and Interceptors). Also decide if you're a swarm player or prefer the current 2 ship juggernaut meta. I personally like 3 to 4 ships in my builds. More than that I don't handle all the maneuvers as well.

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; March 3rd, 2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: But seriously 4 shuttles is where it's at
Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:15 PM

2 ship juggernaut meta?

Are tournament games played at 100 points?
Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
2 ship juggernaut meta?

Yes.

For the rebels typical 2 ship builds are either with Corran (E-Wing), a Falcon, or an outrider. Sometimes Jan Ors (Hawk) is in there with a Falcon or Outrider.

For Imperials it's usually a Decimator plus a Phantom or a Defender. Or even 2 Phantoms and sit like 15 points.

Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
2 ship juggernaut meta?

Yeah, and the counter to 2-ship metas is swarm lists (and I'm a swarm player! ).

Also, have to mention, that Wave 6 is going to throw the meta for a loop big time until everyone finds out what's going to work and not. It will take some time for it to settle. Which is nice.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Buy at least one of everything so you can get all the cards.
Meh, been there, done that, and now I have a lot of Heroscape figures that never get used. I plan to purchase more cautiously this time, trying to figure out what I think I'd like playing before buying it.
Well, the issue moreso is that certain cards only come in certain packs, and those cards can make a certain ship very strong. And usually it's not found in the same pack. For example. C-3P0 and R2-D2 works wonders for Falcon builds, yet it's found in the Rebel Transport pack.

If you want a full list of upgrades, check out the X-Wing Wikia. It's a little tricky to navigate at first, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures