Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 14th, 2022, 03:50 PM

Bryyo Woo who?
Lightbulb Mothra (Work in Progress)

I looked over the other Kaiju cards in the C3G project forum and figured I'd try my hand at one of my favorites. I'm personally planning to use a Mothra figure I found on Etsy, but it wouldn't take much adjustment for a more commonly available figure. I mulled over Mothra's power options, and she's surprisingly broken if you were to give her everything, so I settled on the most ubiquitous: speed, antenna beams, evasion, healing and massive gusts of wind. Open to any criticism. I really want this to play well, especially for kaiju battles. I'm also considering making Rodan and Destroyah.

NAME = MOTHRA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = MERCIFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ? (Undetermined)
LIFE = 14

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 600

Antenna Beam Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 3.
Choose 5 spaces in a straight line from Mothra. All figures in those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Mothra's Antenna Beam Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Hurricane Wingbeat
Instead of taking a turn with Mothra, you may choose a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Mothra. The chosen figure and each figure adjacent to that figure are affected. Place each affected figure on any unoccupied space up to 3 spaces from its original placement. Moved figures never take any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower can receive any falling damage that may apply. Hurricane Wingbeat can only be used once per round.

Evasive 6
When Mothra rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 6 dice to Mothra.

Regenerating Spores
After taking a turn with Mothra, you may remove a wound marker from Mothra's Army Card or from the Army Card of any friendly figure adjacent to Mothra.

Flying
When counting spaces for Mothra’s movement, ignore elevations. Mothra may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Mothra starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Super Strength
Mothra is not affected by normal/major falls and negates automatic shields given to destructible objects. She is still affected by extreme falls.
Old July 14th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Mothra (Work in Progress)

Very cool! The Spores might feel a little powerful, depending on what group’s cards you want to run it with. C3G Magical Defense figures would love that power.

We’d most likely be open to someone running a Mothra for C3G, if you’re interested in pursuing that avenue.
Old July 14th, 2022, 04:32 PM

Bryyo Woo who?

I figured the constant healing of other figures may be a bit much, but then again, it is a kaiju. I was also considering making it a 'reveal an X order marker' ability, but decided on that for the sake of simplicity. That's the power I'm least certain about.

I'd love for this to get the C3G treatment. I love designing cards and coming up with thematic abilities, but I'm no good at playtesting. I want a whole kaiju ensemble!
Old July 14th, 2022, 04:47 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice Mothra, it'd be sweet to see her in C3G!

As for Playtesting, it doesn't hurt to try. There's plenty of C3G folk who would help you along the way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum