Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzikthedoor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Technically the 'church' didn't define marriage. God did. The first few chapters of the Bible. Adam and Eve. First marriage.
Technically, that is all made up nonsense meant to make animals that know about their own mortality feel better.
Is that really a) constructive or b) necessary?
Hey, if people want to make innane policy decisions based completely on their religion and then argue that they make perfect sense simply because of said religion, then yeah, it is both constructive and necessary.

Saying God made up marriage has just as much weight as saying my taint makes a retarded child in China fart--neither one is provable or particularly useful to anything regarding a sane policy discussion.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Technically the 'church' didn't define marriage. God did. The first few chapters of the Bible. Adam and Eve. First marriage.
Technically, that is all made up nonsense meant to make animals that know about their own mortality feel better.
Is that really a) constructive or b) necessary?
Hey, if people want to make innane policy decisions based completely on their religion and then argue that they make perfect sense simply because of said religion, then yeah, it is both constructive and necessary.

Saying God made up marriage has just as much weight as saying my taint makes a retarded child in China fart--neither one is provable or particularly useful to anything regarding a sane policy discussion.
Using your reasoning I could say that you make "innane policy decisions based completely on your lack of faith in a religion".

If I said that, would you appreciate it? Heck, would it even be true?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Using your reasoning I could say that you make "innane policy decisions based completely on your lack of faith in a religion".

If I said that, would you appreciate it? Heck, would it even be true?
Well, lack of a religion is virtually a religion, anyway. Religion is just a system of beliefs, so those who believe there is no god has their own religion. Sort of.

But, since my opinion so obviously doesn't matter, I'm going to just leave this thread. It's more about bashing religion now instead of a political discussion, anyway.
I hate arguments... I don't know how I got sucked into this one.
Old November 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Well, lack of a religion is virtually a religion, anyway. Religion is just a system of beliefs, so those who believe there is no god has their own religion. Sort of.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
But, since my opinion so obviously doesn't matter, I'm going to just leave this thread. It's more about bashing religion now instead of a political discussion, anyway.
Wonderful idea...may I join you?

*leaves with Lord Pyre to go play heroscape*

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old November 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Quote:
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
Wonderful idea...may I join you?

*leaves with Lord Pyre to go play heroscape*
Yes, we already know who became president, so lets go play heroscape again.
</IMG></IMG>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General