Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 21st, 2019, 01:53 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Clarifying:

Dysole told me this is not Take 2 at all! It’s more of a pod or cluster draft. So . . .

Kolakoski’s Cluster Draft. Each player brings two 250 point armies occupying no more than 12 spaces. No figures common to both. Valhalla Society rules (no guns). SoV/C3V allowed, no Marvel. Each game the Players roll for initiative. Winner decides if he will choose first or second (or third in a 3 player game). The player choosing first chooses an army, the other player takes two, and the first player takes the remainder. A 3 player game would use a snake draft. Each player combines the armies he’s drafted into one 500 point army. Time limit: After 45 minutes, play out the Round and the game is over. Players may bring more than 2 armies, playing different pairings in different games.

Also: Our usual partial card scoring.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 21st, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2019, 01:02 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Army 1: Zogross Hardscale, Armoc Vipers x2.
Army 2: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x3, Isamu
I wondered about the advisability of making my armies mutually supportive using Rogues. For example:

Army 1: Cormin, Kha, Dividers x 2
Army 2: Brigand x 2, Elaria, Tagawa Samurai

If you won initiative, how would you proceed?
You needn’t run your armies by me ahead of time. Nor do you have to bring these that you’ve posted.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 10:19 AM

Well met!

Got my armies for 2/9. They are at the same time antagonistic and complimentary . . .
Old January 24th, 2019, 06:47 PM

Well met!

Back from sunny Jamaica . . .

For 2/9 Gameday:

Kolakoski’s Cluster Draft Mini-Tournament. Each player brings two 250 point armies occupying no more than 12 spaces. No figures common to both. Valhalla Society rules (no guns). SoV/C3V allowed, no Marvel. Each game the Players roll for initiative. Winner decides if he will choose first or second (or third in a 3 player game). The player choosing first chooses an army, the other player takes two, and the first player takes the remainder. A 3 player game would use a snake draft. Each player combines the armies he’s drafted into one 500 point army. Time limit: After 45 minutes, play out the Round and the game is over. Players may bring more than 2 armies, playing different pairings in different games. Partial card scoring.

Thus far, we have 5 players. I have chosen 2 maps by Flash_19 for this event.

Venom:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x TJ

and

Quilato Valley:
Requires 2x RotV, 2x TJ

There is a small chance we'll add a player at the last minute. If we do, we'll drop Quilato Valley in favor of:

Dragon's Head Summit:
Requires 1x RotV, 2x RttFF, 1x TT

and

Drudgery:
Requires 2x SotM, 2x TJ

Old January 25th, 2019, 09:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

All four maps are printed out, and we'll take 4-6 players for this mini tournament format, for our pal Quizcode, who will sadly be leaving us in April, to spread the Scape word further out on the West Coast.

Since we're playing on Saturdays now, we take new players with a month's notice, so the rotating Game Master can adjust his next custom scenario to the right number of players (that's why so many maps this time out; attendance is often variable).

I've been lucky enough to see Ishmel lately, as he's been serving for jury duty here in downtown Brooklyn. All area players and visitors are welcome to join in!
Old January 25th, 2019, 01:10 PM

Well met!

Found this:

[Classic League: Pod Draft (2013)]

For this event, players will submit two pods. Each pod can be between 250 and 350 points, and may not contain more than 12 hexes of figures per pod. No VC, no Marvel. The combined point total of both pods cannot be more than 600 points. The pods cannot share any figures. The pods of both players are pooled together for a draft, and there is a dice off. The winner of the dice off can choose to draft first, or defer. The draft is 1-2-1 style. The two pods drafted by each player are played together against the two pods drafted by the other player in a standard kill 'em all game.

*You may not have 2 of the same unique army card in your army, therefore, if you draft 2 pods that both include the same unique army card, you may only place one on the battlefield.

Modifying for our game:

For this event, players will submit two pods. Each pod may contain up to 250 points, and may not contain more than 12 hexes of figures per pod. No Marvel, VC alowed plus Kha (kolakoski's SoV candidate). Valhalla Society rules (no guns). The combined point total of both pods cannot be more than 500 points. The pods cannot share any figures. The pods of both players are pooled together for a draft, and there is a dice off. The winner of the dice off can choose to draft first, or defer. The draft is 1-2-1 style. The two pods drafted by each player are played together against the two pods drafted by the other player in a standard kill 'em all game.

*You may not have 2 of the same unique army card in your army, therefore, if you draft 2 pods that both include the same unique army card, you may only place one on the battlefield.

There is some discussion in the thread about gaming the system to force your opponent to drop a unique card, but I think it unlikely that any of us would do that . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; January 28th, 2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old January 29th, 2019, 07:40 PM

Well met!

Venom:

Just finished building Venom. It took very little time, and uses very little terrain (as I thought looking at its VS picture). Looks cool in my living room. I'm mucking around with it pre-mini-tourney, but the real reason I built it is to take it to Maryland for Taleethascape.

P.S.: Substituted Treasure Glyphs for Power Glyphs. Using three altogether: Teleport, Disengage, and Invisibility. Played a number of Rounds with the following:

140 KoW x 2, 105 Sir Gilbert & 105 Van Nessing, 75 Kha, 70 Martial La Hire versus
140 Heavy Gruts, 100 Tornak, 10 Isamu & 110 Rhogar, 80 Prince al'Kahora, 60 Elaria the Pale

A teleporting Prince is a scary thing . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; January 31st, 2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 12:37 PM

Well met!

Found Power Glyphs for this map. Agree with those who suggest they should be reversed.

Venom:

To be tested:

110 Moriko, 80 Prince al'Kahora, 60 Elaria
120 Asterios, 70 Martial La Hire, 60 Shiori

105 Brigand x 3, 75 Kha, 70 Arthur of Sherwood
130 Locksley, 60 Elaria, 60 Darrak Ambershard

45 Sonja, 75 Kha, 130 Viceron
50 Iskra, 60 Elaria, 140 Werewolf Lord

120 Asterios, 80 Prince al'Kahora, 50 Iskra
130 Viceron, 80 Kumiko, 40 Siiv

Old February 3rd, 2019, 01:57 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

it looks like all 6 of us will be at our mini tournament run by Kolakoski next Sat. Feb. 9. I have my two armies for it. That being the case, I'll probably be building three 2 Player maps. We'll be switching off opponents and maps each round for three rounds.

Last edited by chas; February 5th, 2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:15 PM

We just had a cancellation, so let me know if you want to join in!
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:51 PM

Well met!

In this event, there is no competitive advantage to concealing your armies' composition. I've been editing another thread for days, posting and deleting dozens of permutations of units I'd like to play, and occasionally testing with Orc and Knight armies. The latest:

This is a great format for outlier Unique Heroes that don't fit in classic builds. I believe I've created a balanced pair of armies both against each other and against common squads.

Going to the post office to pick up Asterios! See you all with pics (from my phone).

Latah

Old February 5th, 2019, 02:03 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
In this event, there is no competitive advantage to concealing your armies' composition. I've been editing another thread for days, posting and deleting dozens of permutations of units I'd like to play, and occasionally testing with Orc and Knight armies. The latest:

This is a great format for outlier Unique Heroes that don't fit in classic builds. I believe I've created a balanced pair of armies both against each other and against common squads.

Going to the post office to pick up Asterios! See you all with pics (from my phone).

Latah

My bad! It was the blue figure below.

Asterios has been "delayed." If he doesn't show in time . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; February 5th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion