Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 9th, 2018, 09:09 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I just don't feel this figure should be allowed to define what future humans evolve into.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:18 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Just for the sake of moving the process and not leaving this in limbo, I'll also vote on the doctor. There's a few simple changes that would make me welcome this unit enthusiastically for review, but it's up to LO if she wants to make any changes at all.
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:25 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I don’t think it implies this is what humans evolve into at all. I think the implication is she did this to herself.
Old April 9th, 2018, 09:50 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I don’t think it implies this is what humans evolve into at all. I think the implication is she did this to herself.
I think that most will feel like I feel.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 9th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the direction taken for Dr. Grudruna Vogt. There are some neat ideas here, and I really love seeing some weird, inhuman horror stuff. I certainly appreciate the submission. But my downvote is going to be a much stronger one than the others. Instantaneous Calculation is way, way too broad. There are a crapton of different powers and abilities that are based on dice in Heroscape, some of them pretty strange, and not all of them play well with a power like this. It wouldn't just be a nightmare for Editing and the Rules Team to try to dissect and make it work with every power, I highly suspect there will be very problematic interactions that will ultimately tank the unit in that late stage anyway.

to review Dr. Gudruna Vogt

Dr. Gudruna Vogt has received 5 Nay votes to review (wriggz, Soundwarp SG-1, Ixe, superfrog, and Scytale) and is removed from the process.
Old April 10th, 2018, 06:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Thanks for reviewing this, guys. In the end, I'm pretty happy with the design as is (the one thing I might change is making Instantaneous Calculation X reliant rather than I See It All, but that's really a minor issue I'm not sure I want to bother getting a new card for ), and didn't really expect to get this through anyway, but I thought I'd give her a shot since she's one of the Classic designs I've done that I like the most. (My other favourite, An Bláth Dúnmharú, wouldn't even stand ass much of a chance as Gudruna! ) Thanks for all your comments, and it means quite a lot to hear a number of you say that you like the look of her, even if she'll never make it into the 'official' game - I'm sure she'll be gracing my battlefields for years to come regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I think that most will feel like I feel.
Pumpkin King is absolutely right here, Kinseth - if you read her bio, it's quite clear she's the result of an experiment conducted on herself. She did talk for a moment about unlocking the next stage of human evolution, but that was when she thought the compound would just stimulate the neocortex - I doubt the idea of becoming a walking brain caught on to the general population, even if transcendency was part of the bargain. The bio did imply that the government she was working for and afraid of might reverse engineer it, but I doubt that would result in the complete evolution of the human race as much as a genetically engineered subspecies of transcendent brains, at most, and that's assuming they can get the process to work again, that it's safe to use on most people and will have the same effect on different people. I imagine it'll be several hundred/thousand years after Gudruna's breakthrough before properly transcending the entire human race would become viable, and that's in the unlikely circumstance that humanity survives that long... I don't imagine Earth from Gudruna and the Krav's time period being a nice place at all. Gudruna is meant to be ahead of her time by at least a century or two.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 11th, 2018, 06:44 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Rujin by @Sir Heroscape has passed United Fanscape Review and moves forward in the process.
Old May 11th, 2018, 05:43 PM

Rujin by @Sir Heroscape

We've seen a few D&D trolls make their way to Valhalla. Unlike the others, Rujin is a unique creature, with some familiarity and some new tricks.

Balance

It's hard not to compare Rujin with the related Trolls, the Feral Troll and the Ice Troll Berserker. Stats-wise he's closer to the Feral Troll, with a little higher cost, a little higher base Attack, and a situationally better Regenerate. From that perspective, the small point bump seems appropriate. Compared to the Ice Troll Berserker, Rujin's Attack and Defense are a little weaker but Life much higher, again with a bit of a point bump. Both are terrain-specific and both synergize with a squad that gives them bonus turns. Given the usefulness of Regeneration, the higher Life pool is certainly appreciated, so the higher cost for Rujin is at least reasonable.

Another good comparison point is Pel the Hill Giant, who is a similarly-priced unit that also works with the Durgeth Ravagers. Pel has a pretty solid advantage over Rujin in terms of stats, but his negative powers make him all but useless as a defender for the Durgeth, while Rujin can lock things down and has good survivability with his Life pool and regeneration. So the similar cost is reasonable, at least on a swamp map.

Theme

I'm not thrilled that this mini doesn't look much like the other D&D trolls, but that race has a lot of variation, and Rujin is a unique fellow. So I'll give that a pass. The total package of abilities, stats, and playstyle all point to him being a swamp version of a D&D-world troll, which is fantastic. The choice of Valkrill over Utgar is a tad odd, but not unreasonable.

Creativity

Along with following the D&D Troll template well, the addition of Lurking Assault is an excellent choice that does a lot for the unit. Not only does it paint a strong thematic picture, but it also does more for the unit's playstyle than you'd think. On the negative side, the design loses points for me for not simply reusing Lurking Ambush. Yeah, it's a bit stronger, but my testing suggested that wouldn't make much of a difference.

Playability

Rujin is a unit that can be played in a few different ways effectively, though that is only really true for his home territory of swamp. Outside of swampland his value drops dramatically, but that's nothing unusual for a terrain-specific unit. For the remainder of this review assume he is being played on swamp unless stated otherwise.

The ferocious savage's most obvious use is alongside the Durgeth Ravagers, where he can serve as an annoyingly hard to bring down defender or as an occasional ambusher. The defender role is the most notable, as the Ravagers really need something to stand in the front and tie up units to free them up to get in as many swings as they can. When things are going well Rujin serves his purpose well--healing two wounds every order marker is a lot. Well things go poorly, though, they go really poorly: the loss of the hero turn is already kicking the Durgeth when they're down (having already failed to kill anything), but it's doubly bad for Rujin who also doesn't get to heal. This often leads to the army's front line falling, Rujin and more. Which actually fits with the Ravager's all-or-nothing playstyle.

In the defender role Rujin doesn't get to use Lurking Assault much outside of the initial engagement. Even if the opponent isn't even focusing him he'll almost always be tied up with something once the battle is rolling. Yes, his Life pool and Regenerate give the option of disengaging, but you usually don't want to leave the big guy sitting low in swamp water. Interestingly, that actually makes Lurking Assault (and the whole design) more interesting. Yes, the Troll is good standing up front, but to do so you are giving up his Assault potential. Instead you can you play him as an ambusher, picking off units on the edge of battle or going after key targets. This works well both with and without the Ravagers, though obviously having Ravagers with another bonding option makes it much easier to time Rujin's strikes, as well as having Durgeth around to clean up rabble engaging him.

Ultimately this leads to both strategic and tactical decisions of how and when to use Rujin on the battlefield. Do you use him to soak up wounds, or do you try to maximize Lurking Assault? These decisions are important both for the player using Rujin and his or her opponents.

Rujin is also an excellent cleanup unit. He's not the fastest, but with some careful play you can use Lurking Assault to your advantage when hunting down remaining figures. More than anything, though, healing two wounds per turn is more than most units are able to cope with in a tight endgame. Outside of swamp, though I would pick something else for 100pts as a cleanup unit.

Summary

I found Rujin to be almost surprisingly fun to play. The combination of Swamp Regeneration and Lurking Assault make for some tough decisions, and on the whole he makes the Durgeth Ravagers even higher risk/higher reward. While I do have some quibbles with some aspects of the design, overall I'm pleased with the unit.

I vote Yea to induct Rujin into the SoV.
Old May 18th, 2018, 11:09 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

After a fun Playtest, and with thanks to all who contributed their advice (especially BiggaBullfrog), I would like to formally nominate Kha.

The figure is from Pathfinder's just released Jungle of Despair (https://www.miniaturemarket.com/pbjod-022.html):

Serpentfolk Rogue

From The Rogue Report:

Kha was summoned from [Toril] by General Ullar. Demonstrating a talent for killing, and poetry:

Assassin's Lament

They breathe; I sigh; They die

He served in an elite clandestine unit. Kha is rumored to be currently traveling with a band of Rogue mercenaries.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 12th, 2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: higher resolution image
Old May 18th, 2018, 11:35 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You may want to post the actual miniature’s information

Pathfinder Battles - Jungle of Despair - Serpentfolk Rogue

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/pbjod-022.html - the actual figure, not the digital rendering, can be found here.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 18th, 2018, 11:57 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
You may want to post the actual miniature’s information

Pathfinder Battles - Jungle of Despair - Serpentfolk Rogue

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/pbjod-022.html - the actual figure, not the digital rendering, can be found here.
Done.

Old May 18th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I like the design, especially the combination of existing powers, that keep it simple instead of pilling on bells and whistles.

From a power level perspective, not sure how I feel about Ranged attack of 4 with height with poison weapons on a bonding unit, but that is a play testing issue.

I'd be resistant to another rogue but Cormin, Elaria and Darrak already set the mold. In hindsight it seems the marry men are fairly loose with their acceptance criteria.

So to review

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs