Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuprin
Why would you want to do opaque grey, Eck? If you're doing hexes it'd really be cheaper to just do repaints. You can probably strip Heroscape tiles in Super Clean if you're worried about the (lol) detail.

I can think of a few uses for this; most notably creating "thick" tiles that don't have the "cracked" tops. There might even be some uses for thick flat-topped tiles, though not many, I'm sure. Different road textures would definitely be fairly high on my list; bricks, asphalt, etc.
I'm not talking about hexes. I'm talking about making molds and casts of something entirely different than hexes.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:08 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, that is amazing Talyn. Nice job.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:05 PM

Kuprin has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
I'm not talking about hexes. I'm talking about making molds and casts of something entirely different than hexes.
Whatcha got up your sleeve? NOW I'm curious.

Games are in my blood, and in my mind. It's just what I do.
Old February 4th, 2008, 12:47 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Just wanna say water tiles with bubble would be awesome.
Good job, man!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:29 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Someone had made the comment bout having crystal tiles and I came across this post somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
check out these translucent crystals:

Article here: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/294769/

And the Dreamblade fig bases will not fit very confortably on a HS base, unfortunately.
I have the Boneblade Serpent (showed it at NorCal Gameday), and the base bleeds into other hexes. It would work as long as the board isn't cramped....
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
those could very easily be replicated, by molding any quarts stones of similar shape then casting them in the same resin ive used for the tiles.

Old October 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Resin Cast Terrain Tiles - All colors and translucent!

Those crystals look awesome in shape, but the colours are kinda ugly. A faint blue or light yellow would look better than those bright colours.
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

I don't know, I like the orange ones a lot. Great work on the casts. I agree the ice and water effects are much better than the originals. You could also do a dye swirl effect by not mixing your dye throughally, and then pour it in. Maybe think about doing some antifreeze green ones for toxic sludge. Could be further enchanced with LED's under the hex. Wouldn't be hard to make a hex, with a normal double hex underneth, wired up with LED's mounted on the surface of the double hex. Then shines up and illuminates the single hex. Like a teleportation hex or something. Way cool. Could also add an Opto, so it only illuminates when a figure is placed on it. I just made a bunch of cold plastic molds for a halloween project. I might dabble in some illuminated titles when I get some time.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Very cool tiles.
Is the glitter inside or outside?

Old October 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

the glitter would be inside. It's mixed in with your resin.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi View Post
I don't know, I like the orange ones a lot. Great work on the casts. I agree the ice and water effects are much better than the originals. You could also do a dye swirl effect by not mixing your dye throughally, and then pour it in. Maybe think about doing some antifreeze green ones for toxic sludge. Could be further enchanced with LED's under the hex. Wouldn't be hard to make a hex, with a normal double hex underneth, wired up with LED's mounted on the surface of the double hex. Then shines up and illuminates the single hex. Like a teleportation hex or something. Way cool. Could also add an Opto, so it only illuminates when a figure is placed on it. I just made a bunch of cold plastic molds for a halloween project. I might dabble in some illuminated titles when I get some time.
If you use surface mounted LEDs with a 1.5V rating you could actually house the watch battery on the bottom and put a microswitch on the bottom too! Slick ideas!

You should really make a big 24 hexer and start selling these!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

watch batteries are too much of a PIA and it's hard to get an LED to run off 1.5V. Much easier to bump it up to 3VDC or 4.5VDC then you can run it off of AAA's. More accessable batteries but will take up a lot more room. I could rig something up, if I had more time. We also have color changing LED's that morph into 6 different colors. The rate on which the colors change can be altered with different capacitors and resistors. You might be able to install a variable capacitor or POT.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles