Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which squad is better?
The Deathreavers 20 52.63%
The Gladitrons 18 47.37%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2011, 03:18 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Deathreavers vs. Gladitrons

Deathreavers vs. Gladitrons

ON ONE SIDE WE HAVE THE DEATHREVERS AND ON THE OTHER SIDE WE HAVE THE GLADITRONS

Which one is better?
Shall we hear the court?
Today's Trial:
Is to determine whether
the Deathreavers or Gladitrons are better.
Imagine you are the jury listening on this trial.

Judge: Deathreavers may you please present your case.

Deathreaver 1: Yes, my Honor. Us, Deathreavers here are better than them Gladitrons because we cost less. 40pts is a much better cost than 80pts , plus by the time you get 3-4 of them, you could have 6-8 of us.

Deathreaver 3: Well, we can also engage faster with 6 move, preventing our badly wounded heroes to not die and last longer.

Deathreaver 4: Along with both of those, we also have a better defense. Allowing us to use scatter more often, which is also effective to engage faster.

Deathreaver 2: I don't think we are better, we have a weaker attack, cost less, which right there says we're worst than the Gladitrons.

Judge: OK, Thank You, 'Reavers. Gladitrons may you give us your case.

Gladitron 3: The 'Reavers made a very good case, but we are much better. With our Cyberclaw it makes us much better. When protecting badly wounded heroes.

Tandros Kreel (Gladitrons Defendent): Yes, plus Judge, when you add me in with the 'Trons we are nearly unstoppable. My COMBAT CHALLENGE, can prevent the Gladitrons from dying, and when you add, my CLEAVE and +2 BROADSWORD use combined can be unstoppable. All at an affordable price at 120pts!

Gladitron 2: Whoa! That's a low price!

Gladitron 1: Everytime I see someone that has an army of the 'Reavers, always seem to get mad, because the 'Reavers are so horrible.

Gladitron 4: Don't get Mads! Get Glads!

Judge: Reavers, would you liike to testify?

Deathreaver 2: No, my Honor.

Judge: Trons?

Gladitron 1: No, my Honor.

Judge: Well, then I will let the jury decide. Jury?

The rest is now up to the jury, please comment below, and make sure to choose one of the choices in the poll.

Good Luck and may the best squad win!
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:55 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Deathreavers vs. Gladitrons

Sorry, I don't pay attention to infomercials.
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:11 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

You didn't even mention the Glads biggest plus: Their synergy with the Blastatrons. With the movement bonding, you don't even have to spend an order marker on the Glads to get them to do their job, and they even boost the the Blasts' attack. The Reavers' scatter produces a similar situation where you don't have to spend an order marker on them to get them into position once you get them set up initially, but they don't give anyone an attack bonus. When used with the Blasts, the Glads are definitely superior to the rats, but in conjunction with any other ranged unit, the rats are probably better, due to their cheaper cost (plus the Glads don't get movement bonding if you aren't using Blasts).
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I just wantd to make it simple. But I will keep that as reference. Thanks.
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

The Gladiatrons win. They are half of one of the most powerful combos in the game. I've liked them even before the Blastatrons were out.

My opinion is obviously biased in this situation, but I've never had the Reavers do as much as I had hoped they would. The only memorable event I can remember is when one of them killd DW8K and won the game for me.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Gladitrons. Who cares about moving when you can move both units in the first place? With Glads, you don't have to waste a precious OM. Plus, they have a better theme. "Scatter" into the heat off battle... the rats are good only because they're so dumb they don't know which direction to scatter.

ymf

Last edited by yamissflash; August 14th, 2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added a space
Old August 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's a reason that the Reavers are A+. For sheer usefulness alongside any ranged figures (And even the Hydra) I have to vote for them. I don't see glads played at all outside of a glad/blast army, and think that reavers are good in almost any army.

And before you post angrily that the reavers most certainly would not be good in a valiant army, or in a Gruts army, or in an army where there isn't any space for another squad, think about this: would the g-trons be any better? Note the almost.
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

I voted with the rats because I think they have more flexibility when it comes to building army's. The glads really only work well with the blastatrons and don't work as well with other situations. The rats be useful with any range heavy army. They may be a pain, but they are useful.
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM

It seems as if the Gladitrons win, does anyone else protest?
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I do, because most people didn't pick accurately I think. The poss was Rats vs. Glads, however, most people made it Rats vs. Glad/Blasts.

The Rats are far more versatile and can work in multiple builds. You will rarely see the Glads w/o the Blasts however.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I object!

Jury is biased due to the annoyance of the those darned little Ra...ehhh Reavers.

Can't say I blame them but the rats work well with anyone and anything and getting twice as much annoyance for the same amount of points makes them a much better suspect.

Add the blasts and you could get another 6 rats for the same points (if you were allowed to buy half a squad).

The ruling must be for the Reavers. Annoyance value alone make them the guilty party in this case.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 18th, 2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Hanging's too good for 'em. It's a kick in the pants those creatures need!
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Different squads for different purposes. Has anyone really tried to decide on whether to use Rats or Glads for the last x points in an army? If you have Blastatrons, Gladiatrons are the better choice. If you are using a screen, Rats usually do the better job.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units