Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 31st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Mister Mxyzptlk

The Book of Mister Mxyzptlk

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 4
IMPLICATIONS OF IMPISHNESS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #041 / Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Character Bio - From the 5th dimension (a plane of existence where matter as we know it matters not), Mister Mxyzptlk is a child like trickster that our world defines as an imp. When he visits our dimension, he has limitless power and control over every aspect of our realm. Though he may seem like an all powerful being, he has one major weakness, he has the obsessive need to trick and outwit Superman. Time after time Superman has out smarted Mister Mxyzptlk by beating him at his own game. One of the most notable ways Mister Mxyzptlk has been defeated was by Superman tricking him into saying his his own name backwards; Kltpzyxm.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • N/A
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:52 PM. Reason: png
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of MR. MXYZPTLK - Design

NAME = MISTER MXYZPTLK

SPECIES = IMP
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = TRICKSTER
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 240

ANTAGONIZING TRICKSTER
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero. Before the chosen Hero takes any turn, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher and Mister Mxyzptlk is on the battlefield, the chosen Unique Hero receives one wound and must immediately end its turn. If you roll 17 or higher and Mister Mxyzptlk is not on the battlefield, place him on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero.

5TH DIMENSIONAL BEING
When rolling attack dice against an opponent's figure, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's card if at least one blank is rolled.

KLTPZYXM
Before rolling defense dice, you must first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, place Mister Mxyzptlk on this card. Mister Mxyzptlk cannot receive any wounds or be destroyed.

Last edited by japes; June 23rd, 2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typos in first power
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... that comic art might be trouble. Not sure that's going to work for a card.
The leftbox looks good.
His stats look good, except the attack of 4 seems so-so. I know he's probably capable of an attack of 1,000 in terms of the power he actually has, thematically. But he just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who ever really does attack in a traditional sense ... so it seems like going lower, like 3 or 2, would be a better fit in that sense (could also drop his cost a mite then).
The powers look good, but some of the wording in Antagonizing Trickster seemed a bit awkward to me, so here's my attempt at least at some tweaks ...

ANTAGONZING TRICKSTER
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero. Before the chosen Unique Hero takes any turn, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher and Mr. Mxyzptlk has been previously destroyed, you may place him on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero. If you roll a 17 or higher and Mr. Mxyzptlk is already on the battlefield, the chosen Unique Hero must immediately end its turn and receives one wound.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm ... that comic art might be trouble. Not sure that's going to work for a card.
The leftbox looks good.
His stats look good, except the attack of 4 seems so-so. I know he's probably capable of an attack of 1,000 in terms of the power he actually has, thematically. But he just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who ever really does attack in a traditional sense ... so it seems like going lower, like 3 or 2, would be a better fit in that sense (could also drop his cost a mite then).
  1. Comic art was the first I found and then gave up.
  2. Cool.
  3. I know the character very well, and he has never been weak, in fact, he is almost as strong as Superman in our dimension. But he does rely on his manipulation over our dimension more than his strength (which also just a manipulation as well). However, I have never seen him hit anything less powerful than Robin hits. I think 4 is as low as you can go really.
Quote:
The powers look good, but some of the wording in Antagonizing Trickster seemed a bit awkward to me, so here's my attempt at least at some tweaks ...

ANTAGONZING TRICKSTER
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero. Before the chosen Unique Hero takes any turn, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher and Mr. Mxyzptlk has been previously destroyed, you may place him on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero. If you roll a 17 or higher and Mr. Mxyzptlk is already on the battlefield, the chosen Unique Hero must immediately end its turn and receives one wound.
I like all of those changes except for what is crossed out. Thanks a bunch. That will certainly read a bit better.
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Seems good, I don't know the character but this design makes this guy seem like an annoying pain in the ass and be annoying to play against.

The only thing I'd comment on directly to the powers ( KLTPZYXM)is that we probably have to be extra careful about any future design that adds to d20 rolls for teammates.

I know one unit I'd draft to counter him though.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

I know one unit I'd draft to counter him though.
Who is that, ***? If she negated him for the game he is royally screwed. Maybe he should be an Event Hero.

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 31st, 2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: No spoilers. ;-)
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well that one and Wonder Woman. Lasso his ass and pound the snot out of him. Of course she can do that to anyone though.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well that one and Wonder Woman. Lasso his ass and pound the snot out of him. Of course she can do that to anyone though.
That is a great counter for obvious reasons, but only a temporary one, because ANTAGONZING TRICKSTER can still bring him back later.
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM

ANTAGONIZING TRICKSTER
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero. Before the chosen Unique Hero takes any turn, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher and Mr. Mxyzptlk has been previously destroyed, remove all wound markers from this card and place him on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero. If you roll a 17 or higher and Mr. Mxyzptlk is on the battlefield, the chosen Unique Hero must immediately end its turn and receives one wound.

Just a couple quick updates.
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the initial playtest is the only real way to tell if he needs to be an Event Hero or not.
By the way - I discussed this with Griff already, but let me just say with this slotted for April Fool's, hopefully we can keep it entirely in the inner/outer sanctum.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Although I like it, I'm a little concerned that "5TH DIMENSIONAL" might be too long to fit in the left box. Just in case, you might want to have a backup option.
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM

Maybe Imp for species and Trickster for class? Here's one I would be OK with having as a Tricky Trickster.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library