Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 11th, 2010, 04:04 AM

Gunnbjorn is surprisingly tart
Metal, and Who Out There Enjoys It?

Just wondering if anyone else on this forum listens to Metal; this can be any sub-genre, because its so spread out. I think this would be an awesome way of keeping in touch with fellow Metalheads, and talking about anything relative to the scene.

Thanks for looking, guys!

Here's what I listen to:

Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Grindcore and Doom Metal.

Here are a few examples of bands I listen to:

Dark Funeral, Behexen, Amorphis, Rotting Christ, Anthrax, Exciter, Katatonia, Candlemass, Hollenthon, Darkthrone, Deeds of Flesh and Kreator.
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:28 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Metal, and Who Out There Enjoys It?

I love metal! My xbox 360 has last.fm and I typed in christmas metal for the tag radio station and came up with some very cool bands and tunes.

Slipknot, Static X, Mudvayne, Danzig, Green Jelly, Type O Negative, Pantera to name a few.
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
I love metal! My xbox 360 has last.fm and I typed in christmas metal for the tag radio station and came up with some very cool bands and tunes.

Now you've done it. You've gone a gotten a death metal version of Silver Bells stuck in my head . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Its not death metal, but Twisted Sister has a pretty awesome Christmas album.
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart

I like:
1) Three Days Grace
2) Breaking Benjamin
3) Mudvayne
4) Papa Roach
5) Seether
6) Slipknot
7) Metallica
All That Remains
9) Five Finger Death Punch
10) Disturbed

(only first three are in order)

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Nope don't like metal
I live Metal

As long time members know I'm a former metal scribe.
These days I listen to mostly Progressive, symphonic and all the classic stuff.
Dream Theater, Therion, Symphony X, Amorphis, Epica, Avantastia, Ayreon, Savatage, Gamma Ray, Elis, Jacob's Dream, Joe Satriani, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Kyuss, Threshold, Xandria, Vintersorg, Stratovarius, Leave's Eyes

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's funny - in elementary school, all I liked was Classical music. In 7th grade, I was introduced to Guitar Hero III. That was my "gateway" sample of Rock music in general. Once I played Tom Morello's solo on Bulls on Parade, I was hooked. I started loving Metal even more after playing Black Sunshine by White Zombie and The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden.

I'm now the semi-owner of an electric guitar with an amp, and own a Wah pedal, Whammy pedal, and several accesories. I love Metal music. And most other genres of music as well.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:36 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Metal classical is where its at.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I used to be into metal. It's just not the same now (both metal and my tastes). I used to be into Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Queensr˙che, and a few others. There are a few newer bands that I dig, but for the most part I listen to other stuff. I'm really getting into blues and instrumental rock guitarists. I like listening to Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, among others.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:43 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Metal is definitely one of my all time favorite genres. I'm not entirely sure which bands would be classified as pure metal, but my favorites (many already listed) are:
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Three Days Grace
Papa Roach
Disturbed
Godsmack
Saliva
Trapt
Seether
Pillar
Demon Hunter
and of course Skillet.
I'm also getting more into classic metal bands like Queensryche, Dio, and Def Leppard.
Bands like TDG and Skillet I've seen labeled as both metal and hard rock.
But yeah, metal is incredible. If you ask me, there's no comparison to rap or pop. I like some of that music, but those two sounds require very little talent to make, and so rappers and pop stars are literally a dime-a-dozen (I realize many artists who do are talented, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they used that talent to make the music). If all you have to do to get a hit song and get rich and famous is sing, "soldier boy up in the OHHHHHHH" over and over again, then I don't think there is much left to say.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Last edited by Jandarforever; January 22nd, 2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Forgot some bands.....
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:52 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
... rappers and pop stars are literally a dime-a-dozen (I realize many artists who do are talented, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they used that talent to make the music). If all you have to do to get a hit song and get rich and famous is sing, "soldier boy up in the OHHHHHHH" over and over again, then I don't think there is much left to say.
It's easy to compare crappy rap and pop acts with quality metal bands, but there are plenty of bad metal bands out there too.
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:27 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
... rappers and pop stars are literally a dime-a-dozen (I realize many artists who do are talented, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they used that talent to make the music). If all you have to do to get a hit song and get rich and famous is sing, "soldier boy up in the OHHHHHHH" over and over again, then I don't think there is much left to say.
It's easy to compare crappy rap and pop acts with quality metal bands, but there are plenty of bad metal bands out there too.
True, but I think I'd still take a bad metal band over a bad rap or pop artist any day(especially a rapper who has an enormous ego to boot). Granted band members can be huge morons, but hopefully they keep that out of their music.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music