Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If you could legally kill one person...

That's the premise of this indie film on Kickstarter now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-the-one-movie

Scroll down to the second video and watch the trailer. Looks really interesting to me. It's hard to tell if this movie will play it more for dark humor at the absurdity of the premise, or actually raise interesting points about the value of life. Maybe a little of both.

Anyway, a friend of mine is involved in making it, and I know he'd appreciate any support you all are willing to give. Thanks!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: If you could legally kill one person...

Tough decision. Assuming we go for who I hate the most... still. The value of life is not to be under-valued, but there are certain human beings that incite a great deal of unnecessary hate, or kill vast amounts of people, or just plain should not exist. Then again, I'd be okay with leaving these folks in the middle of a jungle with nothing more than flip-flops and a plastic spoon... Here's my top 3.

1) Bashar al Assad
2) Glenn Beck
3) The Brothers Koch (I count these as one evil being)

The movie looks very interesting. I'd definitely go see it. If it can balance equal parts moral question and dark humor, all the better.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; July 5th, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

An abusive-rapist-racist-murdering leader of a nation, as they wouldn't deserve to lead
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
An abusive-rapist-racist-murdering leader of a nation, as they wouldn't deserve to lead
I'm pretty sure you can only kill one person...
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

Please ignore former Garbage I put on this page. It was quite stupid of me. I apologize too anyone I offended.

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85

Last edited by Utger man; July 6th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Please ignore, original content not relevant to thread topic.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; July 5th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:46 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Pit Bull. His music is terrible and he's just a generally dislikable person.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Pit Bull. His music is terrible and he's just a generally dislikable person.
Have you read any interview of Pitbull? I generally don't like his music either, but he is a good person. And really, killing a sub-par artist is what you'd go for? Just change the radio station and do something useful with your one kill.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utger man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Tough decision. Assuming we go for who I hate the most... still. The value of life is not to be under-valued, but there are certain human beings that incite a great deal of unnecessary hate, or kill vast amounts of people, or just plain should not exist. Then again, I'd be okay with leaving these folks in the middle of a jungle with nothing more than flip-flops and a plastic spoon... Here's my top 3.

1) Bashar al Assad
2) Glenn Beck
3) The Brothers Koch (I count these as one evil being)

The movie looks very interesting. I'd definitely go see it. If it can balance equal parts moral question and dark humor, all the better.

Obama. And why Glenn Beck?
I don't mean to get political, but what was your reason for listing Obama as the single person you would dispose of? I listed my reason for Beck, the man is a hate-monger. It seems like, no matter your standing in politics, there are butchers in his world that deserve it far more than any politician. A reason for why a tyrant was at the top of my list, not a pundit with no moral compass.
I feel as though this thread could quickly become a flame war. Perhaps it should be locked.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:28 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

Plus, its posts like Utger man's that get you put on no-fly visits and result in visits from the FBI and Secret Service.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:50 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, that deteriorated into politics quickly. Maybe the admins should lock this one preemptively...
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:02 PM

I apologize for even responding to Utger man's post. I deemed the aforementioned post poorly made at the time, and responded all too quickly. Again, my apologies. Please don't lock the thread, I'd like to see where the conversation on the movie and its theme goes. I'm editing my response to Utger man now...

Rashly,
~SoA

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; July 5th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies