Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Moltenclaw

Burning Breath says he "may" choose four spaces in a straight line. I get that he may choose not to use that aspect of the power at all (zero space), but he does choose to use that aspect of the power, may he chose up to four spaces, or does it have to be exactly four spaces?

Old August 16th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Burning Breath says he "may" choose four spaces in a straight line. I get that he may choose not to use that aspect of the power at all (zero space), but he does choose to use that aspect of the power, may he chose up to four spaces, or does it have to be exactly four spaces?
Since I don't see "up to 4 spaces" anywhere, I'd say it has to be 4. The only choice I see is "you may also choose 4 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure."

Based on the text of the card, I'd say you either choose 4 spaces or you choose no spaces at all and only hit the one original targeted figure.

Now this begs a question; what if my target figure is only 2 spaces from the edge of the map? Do I get to choose a "4 space straight line" that only goes 2 hexes long and then off the map? I'd personally let this pass, but I don't know if something has been ruled on similar situations...
Old August 22nd, 2022, 07:12 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Range is 4 plus special...so the initial target is up to 4 away plus the four spaces in a straight line that Moltenclaw can see.
If it's two to the end of the map...just means Molty can't see beyond the map.
That's how I'd read it.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 22nd, 2022 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Been wrong before...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units