Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 30th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Mad_wookiee's Maps - Failed Negotiations added 7/26/09

I love the look of your Failed Negoiations battlefield! + rep! My brother, who doesn't play that often, likes the sound of the battlefield so much he says he may want to play on it! Thanks!

MegaSilver
Old October 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Putting together Redhorn Gate for NHSD right now. It says it only takes 1 RotV to build, but by my count there are nearly 30 single rock pieces used, only 6 come with one RotV set. FYI...

EDIT: Hmmm... upon further inspection it looks like the ice the rock tiles are appearing as the same color (never had a problem with this before though).

EDIT2: Just finished building it. Yep, the rock tiles and ice tiles blended together. My bad.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 15th, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

I REALLY like the idea of the graves in Morindan Graveyard, it's very nice! I might have to try that eventually...

+rep!

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

mad_wookiee, I'm just looking through this thread for the first time, and I'm amazed. There's just a ton of great stuff here. I think that you're probably the best mapmaker who doesn't have a map in the BoV. Now I'm trying to decide which map to nominate!

ETA: I thought several were almost equally deserving, but I nominated Swamp Gas because it uses a unique terrain combo.

Last edited by dok; October 15th, 2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
mad_wookiee, I'm just looking through this thread for the first time, and I'm amazed. There's just a ton of great stuff here. I think that you're probably the best mapmaker who doesn't have a map in the BoV. Now I'm trying to decide which map to nominate!

WHAT!! He doesn't have any BoV maps!?! I surely thought he did! ()

His maps are awesome, dok. It seems to me that he deserves several nominations. But I am truly suprised that none are BoV. He's just that good, to me.

MegaSilver
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:25 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Pretty sure there is a BOM or two.

-insert signature here-
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:27 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Man, I don't sign on for a day or two and look what I miss! dok, I'm honored as heck by your nomination. I'll be very interested to see what the judges have to say - if I were building that map today I'd probably do a few things differently but it is a heck of a lot of fun.

nyys - glad you got the build figured out; the ice looks fine on my pc but I think if the colors showed slightly differently they'd be indecipherable. I've never printed it though so I don't know if that could be an issue. I just saw that you're using Muck and Mire for NHSD too - gotta say that's one of my favorites. Please let me know how you find them.

pf - Morindan Graveyard was one of the most enjoyable maps to build, and I think it looks just killer when it's set up. And the scenario isn't too shabby either, if I may say so. I like it, anyway.

ms - Thanks! I do have one BoM map, of which I'm quite proud:
Arctic Redoubt

Love that map - it came together even better than I hoped. I only have a few Marvel maps but they're in a separate thread. I don't usually pimp my own stuff but since nyys brought it up I don't feel quite as lame for mentioning it.
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:40 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
pf - Morindan Graveyard was one of the most enjoyable maps to build, and I think it looks just killer when it's set up. And the scenario isn't too shabby either, if I may say so. I like it, anyway.
Is that oneof those "pardon the pun" moments?

Old October 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
nyys - glad you got the build figured out; the ice looks fine on my pc but I think if the colors showed slightly differently they'd be indecipherable. I've never printed it though so I don't know if that could be an issue. I just saw that you're using Muck and Mire for NHSD too - gotta say that's one of my favorites. Please let me know how you find them.
Yeah, it's really strange. I've never had a problem at all with the ice and stone blending like this. I did just get a new laptop though (last one melted... yes melted), so maybe it's a color setting I need to fiddle with.

-insert signature here-
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM

Maybe if you were printing it out, it's your printer? If it's on screen, I'd say your color problem is right.

Old October 16th, 2009, 08:08 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Quote:
Is that oneof those "pardon the pun" moments?
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Maybe if you were printing it out, it's your printer? If it's on screen, I'd say your color problem is right.
Its the laptop screen, haven't tried printing... headed to Office Max to do that today though.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios