Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:38 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
faure's classic customs: new elementals added 12-31-11

[NOTE: with particular thanks to Whitestuff's GIMP tutorial and dok's MSE tutorial!]

Discussion of latest elemental figures added to last post of this thread.

VYDAR units

NEW: Agents of the Exiled States
A ranged common squad intended to slow opponent's advance and retreat in the face of opposition.
Spoiler Alert!

JANDAR units
While the figures are Marvel, I wanted to fit them into the classic HeroScape background, though keeping certain thematic ideas.

NEW: Ice Elementals
Two medium ice elementals.
Spoiler Alert!

Jolly Old Saint Nick
From the recent Christmas contest.
Spoiler Alert!

Viking Units

Spoiler Alert!

Thalia of the Seventh Wind
An earlier creation for Jandar -- meant as a response to Kurrok the Summoner.
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill units

Knight of the Autumn Gate [Demon]
From the Halloween contest.
Spoiler Alert!

Orc Wardrummer & Bugbear Headreaver [heroes]

Spoiler Alert!

NEW: Lurking Wraith
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar units

The Elemental Army
Mostly Fire elementals, though the Shadow elemental has now arrived to aid Kurrok as well.

NEW: Shadow Elemental
Spoiler Alert!

Fire Elementals
Spoiler Alert!

Hobgoblins and Orcs
Spoiler Alert!

Aquila units

Bluespawn Stormlizard
Spoiler Alert!

Interested to hear thoughts and comments.

12-29: contest card figures added to last post
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...5&postcount=24

12-30: Vydar agent unit added here
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...1&postcount=25

The Thalia and original Bluespawn Stormlizard figures were originally added here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...3&postcount=12

Last edited by faure; December 31st, 2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added recent contest cards
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: faure's classic customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Bogbyrak Headreaver
Originally I saw this guy as an Orc champion, but with the arrival of the Horned Skull Brutes, he just naturally fits with them.

He's the Bugbear Headreaver #32 from D&D Dungeons of Dread set.
You might want to rethink the costing on this one, he'll roll the same number of average skulls as Jotun, and he costs 125 less points.
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Arshek Wardrummer is really cool. I like his abilities, and my have to try him.
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I feel like the drummer would work better as a (A? An?) unit for Utgar.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Bogbyrak Headreaver
Originally I saw this guy as an Orc champion, but with the arrival of the Horned Skull Brutes, he just naturally fits with them.

He's the Bugbear Headreaver #32 from D&D Dungeons of Dread set.
You might want to rethink the costing on this one, he'll roll the same number of average skulls as Jotun, and he costs 125 less points.
For 100 points I'll take this guy any day, with or without other bugbears or orcs...maybe drop the attack to 3 but still raise his point value a bit?

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM

NovaRaptor is surprisingly tart

Some really good stuff you got here. I agree with whats already been said. Headreaver is to cheap. I'd put him around 130. The wardrummer is very cool. Would draft him into my Orc army any day. Although i agree he would fit better into Utgar, its not that important. Keep up the good work.
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bogbyrak Headreaver

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with whats already been said. Headreaver is to cheap. I'd put him around 130.
Yes, I can see that cost is too low going back through comparative figures. I've updated Bogbyrak to get a better alignment, bumping his Attack down to 3 (max 6 skulls) and cost up to 120. That seems to fit much better with others around that cost level [e.g. Krug with 4 lives left is rolling 6 attack dice and always has double attack or Minions of Utgar with 3 figures rolling 2 attack dice and possible 4 skulls at 110].

Arshek

Quote:
The wardrummer is very cool. Would draft him into my Orc army any day. Although i agree he would fit better into Utgar, its not that important.
Thanks! Originally, I had him as part of Utgar's army, rather than Valkrill. I moved him to Valkrill to provide some additional heroic support there, but I worded the abilities to allow support for Orcs (and particularly those with the Wild personality) from either army.

If there is interest, I can post an alternate version of him with Utgar.
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
I feel like the drummer would work better as a (A? An?) unit for Utgar.
A unit.
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:38 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

You have some very cool ideas here. I really like them.

I had designed a war drummer a while back but never posted it so I am glad to see one posted. I really like your ideas for him.

Something you might want to consider. Doom March is already a pretty powerful no-fail ability. As it is I could keep the drummer in my start zone and still be able to move orcs that on the other side of the battlefield. That doesn't seem to fit the theme of a war drummer. A drummer was usually moving with the troops rather than staying back at camp. Maybe keep it to moving X number of orc figures that are within 4 or 5 clear sight spaces of the drummer.

With the Wild Fury ability (if I am understanding it correctly) you could orchestrate it to be able to actually attack with up to 18 figures on one OM- you might want to reduce it to just any adjacent figures. That is still a whopping 6 attacks on one OM.

For the Headreaver you might want to limit the number of times he can attack with Headhunter as well as his base attack. As is, he could very easily take out an entire low defense squad in one turn.

I know he looks comparable to a wounded Krug but rolling 6 attack dice is different than having each attack die count for 2 skulls. You have twice as much of a chance of rolling for 6 skulls with Headhunter with 3 dice as Krug does for rolling 6 skulls with 6 dice. Also, Krug can, at most, attack one additional time. The Headreaver doesn't have that limitation. If you put each one on height, the Headreaver doubles the bonus that Krug would get.

Look at it his way. Rolling 2 attack dice, Krug has a 25% chance of rolling for 2 possible wounds (1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4) with 0% chance of rolling for 4 possible wounds while the Headreaver has a 50% chance of rolling for 2 possible wounds (1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 x 2 = 1/2) and still a 25% chance of rolling for 4 possible wounds.

Keep in mind, these are your creations- do with them what you will. Just thought I'd offer my opinions.

I think you have some great ideas going here that can develop into some great units. Keep it up.

Last edited by Lamaclown; March 21st, 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old March 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
You have some very cool ideas here. I really like them.
Thanks! And thanks for taking time for the detailed comments.

Quote:
Doom March is already a pretty powerful no-fail ability. As it is I could keep the drummer in my start zone and still be able to move orcs that on the other side of the battlefield. That doesn't seem to fit the theme of a war drummer. A drummer was usually moving with the troops rather than staying back at camp. Maybe keep it to moving X number of orc figures that are within 4 or 5 clear sight spaces of the drummer.
Yes, I definitely picture Arshek moving forward rather than staying back (otherwise much harder to use the Drums of Wild Fury). I deliberately avoided use of 'clear sight spaces' though since the drumming is a sound effect rather than sight based, but your point is well taken that the overall affect could be to have someone just sit Arshek in the background to help move figures. I'll look to incorporate a particular area affect (like within 4-5 spaces of the drummer).

Quote:
With the Wild Fury ability (if I am understanding it correctly) you could orchestrate it to be able to actually attack with up to 18 figures on one OM- you might want to reduce it to just any adjacent figures. That is still a whopping 6 attacks on one OM.
I had kept the distance factor here for the sound factor as well, but yes, that is too much for one OM. I'll explore further how I may want to scale that back.

Quote:
For the Headreaver you might want to limit the number of times he can attack with Headhunter as well as his base attack. As is, he could very easily take out an entire low defense squad in one turn.
I've gone back and forth on that one a bit. Another option I considered was to have him focus on Heroes rather than Squads (i.e. he loves to take heads of strong foes rather than weak ones) where the likelihood of taking out a group is lower.

Quote:
Keep in mind, these are your creations- do with them what you will. Just thought I'd offer my opinions.
Yes, your thoughts here are definitely appreciated!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM

I've updated Arshek and Bogbyrak to limit their actions a bit further.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:18 PM

Also introducing my next two figures.

First is Thalia, Hierophant of the Seventh Wind. She is a Jandar counter to Kurrok, though she specializes in Air Elementals only. She can return them to the field of battle, even large ones (which I have planned) since her focus is only on the air. Further, she can lend her magical strength to the Air Elementals, aiding their attacks.

Thalia of the Seventh Wind
Spoiler Alert!

The second is a Bluespawn Stormlizard, a beast serving Aquila, waiting for the Blue Dragon to come. This Uncommon Hero is stronger than the Blue Wyrmling, but only has some synergy with others of its kind.

Bluespawn Stormlizard
Spoiler Alert!

Appreciate any thoughts on these as well!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards