Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Grishnakh's Star Wars Custom Game - Recap

My son and I organized his Star Wars Miniature Combat Game figures and printed out some of GreyOwl's Star Wars customs and played a couple of battles this afternoon. During our second game I decided to take some pictures and post them along with some comments. Please excuse my Photoshop embellishments!

The Empire forces...

...and the Rebel forces.

A view of the battlefield. All figures start off the board. As a hero or squad is activated they come on through the central "door" hex at their end of the board.

General Grievous and his Droids take the field.

Luke and Master Yoda advance along the Rebel end of the board:

The Super Battle Droids advance quickly:

A view from the Rebel side:

The Super Battle Droids start a rain of fire...

....and pin down Luke!

Yoda tries to help take out the Super Battle Droids:

Meanwhile, General Grievous slowly moves up with a squad of Battle Droids. "Roger Roger!"

Yoda jumps forward to meet him!

The battle rages, however General Grievous has a hard time winning initiative and Yoda keeps getting in the first swings.

Yoda should have stayed with young Luke Skywalker. It was a sad moment for the Rebels...

Meanwhile, Storm Troopers appear through the doorway firing their blasters!

Mirth filled moments abound with space droids C3-PO and R2-D2! Actually they work great at jamming the Empire Droids, keeping them from firing at Yoda and the other Rebel Troopers.

A view from the Empire side of the board:

Things just do not go well for General Grievous...

... and he quickly falls!

Meanwhile more Storm Troopers pour in the doorway and take position:

Yoda falls back and attacks both the Super Battle Droids and the plain Battle Droids. See these Droids? Destroyed in two turns. Yoda is very much like a tiny, little miniature Krug. Or, if you're a Marvel fan, a teeny tiny Hulk....

But before Yoda can take out all of the Droids a lucky shot takes out C3-PO! No more mirth filled moments now kiddies!

Yoda finishes off the last of the Droids!

But the Empire player is not concerned! He has the Storm Troopers! Wait, these Storm Troopers can't hit the broadside of a Bantha!

The Rebels face down the barrels of the Empire and do not shake!

More missing by the Storm Troopers.... wait a second?! Is that Greedo! He'll do some damage for sure!

More missing..... gee, the Rebel Fighters seem to be hitting a lot however....

Go Greedo! (You might want to aim a little bit lower there guy.)

Oh no! Here comes Yoda!...

... and there goes Greedo....

The indignity of being shot in the back. By my own son....

Not much left in the way of Empire forces here...

The Rebels even have a squad (upper right) that hasn't entered the board yet!

To the last Trooper standing! Die Rebel scum! Arrggghhhh ug!

The Rebels are victorious. They had two squads of Rebel Fighters left and R2-D2.

Additional thougts: The characters seemed pretty well balanced, GreyOwl has done a great job with them. Custom figures are of course just that, custom figures. The beauty of them is that you can adjust them however you want. This was the second game I played using these figures. In the first Yoda walked over everyone, killing pretty much the entire Empire force single handed. I might consider ways to tone him down a bit. Or maybe not. He really should be a powerful character. I might also play a little bit with increasing the range of some of the figures with blasters. The only other thing I want to look at is the Rebel Fighters special ability. It's a great idea (suppression fire) but it was hard to implement with 3 squads of them on the board. I'm going to take a closer look at what others have done (like Bad Calvin) with their Star Wars customs.

From a terrain modification standpoint I created the hexes of the board in Adobe Illustrator, printed out several copies, trimmed them and spray mounted them to illustration board. I then printed out a specially laid out set onto self adhesive paper (available at Staples), trimmed those out and then carefully applied them to a set of Marvel hex tiles. The machinery terrain in these photos are various arms and legs from transformer type toys I found at yard sales over the summer. And lastly the Star Trek style control panels are home made as well using Adobe Illustrator, illustration board, wooden blocks and black electricians tape.

Lastly I'm looking forward to playing this again and utilizing some of the other figures from my son's growing collection. It certainly was more entertaining than playing with the dry rules that come with the figures!

Last edited by Grishnakh; September 3rd, 2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Grishnakh's Star Wars Custom Game - Recap

arghhhh pics are not working for me
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

(Removed)

Last edited by Grishnakh; September 3rd, 2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Titleless

Here's a link to GreyOwl's custom Star Wars figures:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...746&highlight=
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Great battle report!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

Awesome report and pictures.
You always have great looking stuff.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:11 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
Awesome report and pictures.
You always have great looking stuff.

Great battle, Grish!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Bravo! Bravo!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We need Star Wars Scape NOW .

Great pics man.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Great battle report and great pics!

Just for those keeping score at home, Photoshopped laser blasts = +Rep in my book.
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Titleless

Thanks for all of the comments and rep guys! Last night I ordered way too many Star Wars single figures to fill out some more squads, along with several unique heros. After the figures arrive I plan on playing a lot more StarWarScape in the next few weeks with my son. I'll post pictures as I go.
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:01 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

awesome star wars figures!

Boise ID Scaper

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports