Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

No Ullar?

However, I personally believe we should use our own generals from middle earth. Something on the lines of Mordor, Fangorn, Men of the West, Shire, Misty Mtns., Elven Alliance, and Mirkwood.

Mordor would include the Nazgul, orcs, Sauron, Shelob, trolls, Easterlings, Southrons, and corsairs of the coast.

Fangorn includes Saruman, urukhai, ents, and the wizard counsel.

Men of the West would be Gondor, Rohan, and the oath breaker ghost dudes.

Shire would be the many Hobbits including Smeagol and Tom Bombadil. This one could be combined with something else.

Misty Mtns. would be Gollum, dwarves, goblins, cave trolls, and balrogs.

Elven Alliance would be the elves from Rivendell and Lorien.

Mirkwood would include Shelob's offspring, forest elves, other peoples from the Hobbit, and Smaug.

That's seven generals, which is the same number of generals as classic scape. I honestly think that using classic generals will take away from the units. Actually building a Mordor-based army in a general wars game would be extremely fun.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:31 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
No Ullar?

However, I personally believe we should use our own generals from middle earth. Something on the lines of Mordor, Fangorn, Men of the West, Shire, Misty Mtns., Elven Alliance, and Mirkwood.

Mordor would include the Nazgul, orcs, Sauron, Shelob, trolls, Easterlings, Southrons, and corsairs of the coast.

Shire would be the many Hobbits including Smeagol and Tom Bombadil. This one could be combined with something else.

Mirkwood would include Shelob's offspring, forest elves, other peoples from the Hobbit, and Smaug.

That's seven generals, which is the same number of generals as classic scape. I honestly think that using classic generals will take away from the units. Actually building a Mordor-based army in a general wars game would be extremely fun.
Ents with Uruk-Hai, and Elves with Smaug is just wrong... I'd like HoME to supplement 'Scape (Like C3V) Not be a Separate game (Like Marvel/C3G)

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
No Ullar?

Ents with Uruk-Hai, and Elves with Smaug is just wrong... I'd like HoME to supplement 'Scape (Like C3V) Not be a Separate game (Like Marvel/C3G)
I guess you can split them up and make a Fangorn general and the forest elves go to elven alliance so Smaug and Shelob's offspring go together in that section.

However, I don't know why I would play LotR scape with classic. They're 2 seperate things from completely different settings, 1 is from a medieval era and the other is from all different eras.

Since when do robots defend Helms Deep?
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
No Ullar?

However, I don't know why I would play LotR scape with classic. They're 2 seperate things from completely different settings, 1 is from a medieval era and the other is from all different eras.

Since when do robots defend Helms Deep?
Since when do Robots defend Valhalla? Aliens fight alongside Werewolves?

And another problem with making them separate, is that I'll never have enough money to buy all the designs we make. Meaning I'll probably never play exclusively HoME battles. I'll be playing Aragorn with KoW, and Legolas with WoA. So I want them to feel the same. I don't get that feel with Marvel.

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
No Ullar?

I see nothing wrong with using the original generals, they have already summoned creatures from many different worlds, such as: Marr, feylud, and others. So, why not MiddleEarth?
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
No Ullar?

If we do end up going the route of 7 custom generals (which I would not be opposed to) I would not be in favor of above 7 generals. I would be in favor something along the lines of this.
  • Mordor
  • Isengard
  • Gondor
  • Rohan
  • dwarfs
  • Elves
  • miscellaneous
We could also condense Gondor and Rohan to make room for Angband, or we could have more then 7 generals.

If we use official generals I would like to have a rough outline of what would go with each general before we start designing figures.
  • Gondor/Jandar
  • Rohan/Einar
  • Mordor/Utgar
  • Isengard/Valkrill
  • Elves/Ullar
  • Dwarfs/aquilla
  • miscellaneous/vydar
Old July 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm surprised I haven't been ejected from the project; I haven't been active in quite a while, and the most I ever contributed was a few special power ideas for Gandalf and the One Ring.

I can't wait to see Gandalf the White, but that's a conversation for another day...

I want to help with this with what little time I can spare; I feel like my name doesn't deserve to be on that members list at the moment, and I want to start pulling my own weight. What can I do to help?
Old July 25th, 2013, 05:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
I'm surprised I haven't been ejected from the project; I haven't been active in quite a while, and the most I ever contributed was a few special power ideas for Gandalf and the One Ring.

I can't wait to see Gandalf the White, but that's a conversation for another day...

I want to help with this with what little time I can spare; I feel like my name doesn't deserve to be on that members list at the moment, and I want to start pulling my own weight. What can I do to help?
In the Voting Thread theer is a proposal to move Merry and Pippin onto playtesting that you can vote on. If they pass you can start playtesting them.

I'd talk to White Knight on what it's going to take to finish Gandalf.

On a side note we really need to finish Gandalf, he's had more then enough tests IMO.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

@ Boromir:
I don't have the money either. That's why we're including classic scape proxies.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Information on pre-painted miniatures:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
1) Heroclix just launched a line of pre-painted LotR miniatures, and you can pre-order The Hobbit sets that are coming out soon. These are our best bet, since they are carried by Troll and Toad and others.

2) Snaggletooth games put out a LOT of prepainted plastic miniatures--you can still get some at their website:

Snaggletooth Games

They still sell a few on their website, but unfortunately, most of those are sold out. You can still find the Starter sets and some singles on Ebay.

3) Games Workshop also sells LotR miniatures, but they are UNPAINTED and some need to be assembled.

Games Workshop

The common figures are not too bad, but I don't think I'd pay $16 for Galadriel, or $22 for Galadriel and Celeborn.

4) There also might be some other companies that put out metal, unpainted miniatures.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

The problem is that the using classic generals will give it a totally different feel than actually replicating real battles.

Sure, mixing robots and romans is okay in scape, but that would be messed up in LotR. and we have movies and books to draw this from, not just our imagination.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The problem is that the using classic generals will give it a totally different feel than actually replicating real battles.

Sure, mixing robots and romans is okay in scape, but that would be messed up in LotR. and we have movies and books to draw this from, not just our imagination.
I don't see how you could get a real LotR fell using Proxies anyway though... And wer're not mixing Romans and Robots in LotR, we're mixing LotR in with the Rest of 'Scape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs