Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
RE: I'm not a regular reader of classic universe Spider-Man, but I do seem to recall that the various Goblin characters have varied in appearance a little bit over the years. Perhaps Hasbro is basing this Goblin on whatever the next appearance will be, or perhaps there has been some recent appearance that looks a little bulkier than the "classic" purple/green tights version? I know Marvel provides sketches and guidebooks for the licenses....perhaps the next appearance of the Goblin will vary slightly in appearance from his last one, or perhaps they want the character to be portrayed a certain way. Or perhaps Marvel wants to tie into the upcoming movie a little bit by blending the looks. Who's to say. I don't know that figure is the Goblin at all, but if it is I see no reason why the game couldn't use whatever version Hasbro and Marvel want. I imagine this game will use a lot of "blended" versions if it goes on....there are about five hundred Wolverine looks to choose from alone.

I haven't read too many past the 1970 range. However, I know a lot of Comic Books hardcore fans, and I can tell you that mixing together continuities will **** off the hardcore comics fanbase.

Yes the Goblin has changed a little over the years, but he looks nothing like the Movie Version. Ultimate Version? The Ultimate version is a hulkish fire shooting beast who doesn't even ride a glider. The only one he barely resembles is the 616 version, but even then he's wearing nothing that looks like any Green Goblin costume I've seen (His third costume still sported the hat, which I don't see on this figure)

Harry Osborn doesn't even become the new Green Goblin in Spider Man 3. His new costume is a black outfit riding a hoverskateboard, and his overall design and character is more of a hodgepodge of the various Goblins, including the Hobgoblins. And if Marvelscape were in some way trying to help cash in on Spider-Man 3, why not make a spliced Venom too (Seeing as Venom will be different in the films compared to the comics as well).

I'm just highly skeptical of the idea that he's the Green Goblin in that pick. IMO it's a poor design if it is (boring look that doesn't capture his character, just by his posture). It's hard to tell but he *might* be holding a Melee weapon, which also doesn't fit, and last but not least the figures are all grouped together rather suspiciously, so I don't know why a future product to a game that hasn't even been released yet would be sitting on the shelf mixed in with what looks like a future wave.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion