Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) (Design Phase)

I quite like the simplicity of the colored markers. It works with all card sizes. One think I don't like about Mr. Sinister is how the markers get bumped off the number they are replacing. I think we can tweak what we have to get the same idea without.

As for your other suggestion, it's not suppose to be a may power. That's the point. You can attack again but you risk the Scarab taking over. If you stay in control you don't.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

NAME = BLUE BEETLE
SECRET IDENTITY = JAIME REYES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = ???

ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT
Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, you may remove any Scarab Markers on this Army Card and place any combination of Red, Blue, and/or Grey Scarab Markers on this Army Card. A maximum of 3 Scarab Markers can be placed on this card. Blue Beetle adds 2 to his attack for each Red Scarab Marker on this card, adds 2 to his defense for each Blue Scarab Marker on this card, and adds 1 to his range for each Grey Scarab Marker on this card.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After attacking with Blue Beetle's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 2 from your roll for each Red Scarab Marker on this card. If you roll 1 or lower, Blue Beetle must immediately attack with his normal attack and you must choose an opponent to choose the target of the attack. If you roll 2 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack. Blue Beetle may not attack more than three times in a single turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

More aggressive (attack boost) you are the more risky.

Not sure I'm shrugging off a Defense of 1 for the chance to roll 7 attack dice and hope to wipe out the other guy knowing that the risk of the Scarab taking over and me only having 1 defense for the follow up turn.

And you only need 9 total markers on the card. And that fits just fine.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

For what it's worth, the current SP write up only requires 9 markers because you can have a +1 red, +2 red, +3 red which makes all combination of numbers 1-6, but your suggestions stand. The risk reward factor is something I want to be present here, but I'd much rather make it an easier role to fluke than give him a cap of 7 attack with range. If he's all in on offense I'm okay with 7 attack at melee, but if he has range on top of that it seems like a power level a grade above what this guy should be.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 22nd, 2018, 05:56 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
For what it's worth, the current SP write up only requires 9 markers because you can have a +1 red, +2 red, +3 red which makes all combination of numbers 1-6, but your suggestions stand. The risk reward factor is something I want to be present here, but I'd much rather make it an easier role to fluke than give him a cap of 7 attack with range. If he's all in on offense I'm okay with 7 attack at melee, but if he has range on top of that it seems like a power level a grade above what this guy should be.
One solution would be to put the default range at 1 as well and then do the +2 for range to match the others. I started it at 3 and gave it a +1 since YK was concerned that there was little risk since you could just make sure you don't have a friendly figure in range.

Though another idea would just be for the opponent to choose a player within "X" spaces to roll an unblockable attack die against.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 06:02 PM
A Man of Taste

NAME = BLUE BEETLE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = ???

ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT
Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, you may remove any Scarab Markers on this Army Card and place any combination of Red, Blue, and/or Grey Scarab Markers on this Army Card. A maximum of 3 Scarab Markers can be placed on this card. Blue Beetle adds 2 to his attack for each Red Scarab Marker on this card, adds 2 to his defense for each Blue Scarab Marker on this card, and adds 1 to his range for each Grey Scarab Marker on this card.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After attacking with Blue Beetle's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 2 from your roll for each Red Scarab Marker on this card. If you roll 1 or lower choose an opponent. That opponent may choose a figure within 5(?) spaces of Blue Beetle to roll an unblockable attack die. If you roll 2 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack. Blue Beetle may not attack more than three times in a single turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

I made it a MAY for the opponent so that they aren't forced to choose their own figure.
@Yodaking , does this help with your concern about risk if it's an unblockable in a range?

Old October 22nd, 2018, 06:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I like that tweak to an unblockable die roll rather then something that needs to follow normal attack rules. The 'unexpected' malfunction aspect plays better when your own figure gets no defense roll as well.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 07:58 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The 'unexpected' malfunction aspect plays better when your own figure gets no defense roll as well.
My thoughts as well.

Old October 22nd, 2018, 08:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
NAME = BLUE BEETLE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = ???

ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After attacking with Blue Beetle's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 2 from your roll for each Red Scarab Marker on this card. If you roll 1 or lower choose an opponent. That opponent may choose a figure within 5(?) spaces of Blue Beetle to roll an unblockable attack die. If you roll 2 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack. Blue Beetle may not attack more than three times in a single turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

I made it a MAY for the opponent so that they aren't forced to choose their own figure.
@Yodaking , does this help with your concern about risk if it's an unblockable in a range?
Looks good. I'm assuming for this version you meant to up the range boost to 2 for each marker again?

I like the theme of him being punished for being more aggressive.

This sentence isn't reading correctly: "That opponent may choose a figure within 5(?) spaces of Blue Beetle to roll an unblockable attack die."

Maybe something like: "The chosen opponent may choose any figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Blue Beetle. Blue Beetle must roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2018, 01:06 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
NAME = BLUE BEETLE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = ???

ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT
Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, you may remove any Scarab Markers on this Army Card and place any combination of Red, Blue, and/or Grey Scarab Markers on this Army Card. A maximum of 3 Scarab Markers can be placed on this card. Blue Beetle adds 2 to his attack for each Red Scarab Marker on this card, adds 2 to his defense for each Blue Scarab Marker on this card, and adds 2 to his range for each Grey Scarab Marker on this card.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After attacking with Blue Beetle's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 2 from your roll for each Red Scarab Marker on this card. If you roll 1 or lower, choose an opponent. That opponent may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Blue Beetle and roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. If you roll 2 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack. Blue Beetle may not attack more than three times in a single turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Here's what I am suggesting moving forward. This is japes' version with +2 for range markers and some cleaner wording.

This version presents the following stat options:

1 range, 7 attack, 1 defense
1 range, 5 attack, 3 defense
1 range, 3 attack, 5 defense
1 range, 1 attack, 7 defense
3 range, 5 attack, 1 defense
5 range, 3 attack, 1 defense
7 range, 1 attack, 1 defense
3 range, 1 attack, 5 defense
5 range, 1 attack, 3 defense
3 range, 3 attack, 3 defense

These stats feel on the weaker side, but then I remember he has triple attack and I think it works in that context. This new version also ends his attack streak when he rolls a 1 or lower, which mitigates the thread of triple 7-dice attacks in a turn.

Any further thoughts?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 24th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The stats look too weak to me. I think it would be better to start with 3/3/3 stats and have him get to use 4 markers of each color like so:

Quote:
ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT
Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, you may remove any Scarab Markers on this Army Card and place any combination of Red, Blue, and/or Gray Scarab Markers on this Army Card. A maximum of 4 Scarab Markers can be placed on this card. Blue Beetle adds 1 to his attack for each Red Scarab Marker on this card, adds 1 to his defense for each Blue Scarab Marker on this card, and adds 1 to his range for each Gray Scarab Marker on this card.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
After attacking with Blue Beetle's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 2 from your roll for each Red Scarab Marker on this card. If you roll 1 or lower, choose an opponent. That opponent may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Blue Beetle and roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. If you roll 2 or higher, you may attack again with Blue Beetle's normal attack. Blue Beetle may not attack more than three times in a single turn.
Also, with 4 markers you can't just go middle of the road. You have to pick something that will be higher than the others.

Possible stats with this version:

R/A/D
3/3/7
3/4/6
3/5/5
3/6/4
3/7/3
4/3/6
4/4/5
4/5/4
4/6/3
5/3/5
5/4/4
5/5/3
6/3/4
6/4/3
7/3/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 24th, 2018, 01:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

1 defense & 2 attack both seem weird to me, that's pretty much someone who is helpless in C3G. I prefer the floor for the attack & defense stats being 3 instead of 1. After that I'm pretty open to how you want to run the makers and stats after that.
Old October 24th, 2018, 01:53 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The stats look too weak to me. I think it would be better to start with 3/3/3 stats and have him get to use 4 markers of each color like so:

Quote:
ADAPTIVE SCARAB SUIT
Before taking a turn with Blue Beetle, you may remove any Scarab Markers on this Army Card and place any combination of Red, Blue, and/or Gray Scarab Markers on this Army Card. A maximum of 4 Scarab Markers can be placed on this card. Blue Beetle adds 1 to his attack for each Red Scarab Marker on this card, adds 1 to his defense for each Blue Scarab Marker on this card, and adds 1 to his range for each Gray Scarab Marker on this card.

SENTIENT SCARAB SUIT
Also, with 4 markers you can't just go middle of the road. You have to pick something that will be higher than the others.

Possible stats with this version:

R/A/D
3/3/7
3/4/6
3/5/5
3/6/4
3/7/3
4/3/6
4/4/5
4/5/4
4/6/3
5/3/5
5/4/4
5/5/3
6/3/4
6/4/3
7/3/3
Fine by me. I'm not hung up on any of the numbers I just like the mechanics and the idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library