Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old July 26th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HexScape

Oh, another feature request I forgot to mention: the room should have a chat, too, so people don't have to enter a game to communicate.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 26th, 2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: It would have been very confusing had we not been communicating outside of HexScape at the same time
Old July 26th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I took pictures of Brunak and used 123D Catch to stitch them together. The results were pretty good (not perfect, but I'd be happy to use it in a 3d game).

If I help turn some of the figures into 3d models, what format should I export them? Autodesk 123D Catch gives the following export options:
.dwg
.ebx
.rzi
.obj
.ipm
.las
Old July 27th, 2014, 01:58 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Oh, another feature request I forgot to mention: the room should have a chat, too, so people don't have to enter a game to communicate.
Strange that you say that because... Room do have a chat. In fact, the big area in the center of the room is that ! There is a text input bellow that you can use to enter text. Perhaps the fact that it miss a "Send" button bothered you ? Or perhaps it didn't work for you ? Could you try it again and tell me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I took pictures of Brunak and used 123D Catch to stitch them together. The results were pretty good (not perfect, but I'd be happy to use it in a 3d game).

If I help turn some of the figures into 3d models, what format should I export them? Autodesk 123D Catch gives the following export options:
.dwg
.ebx
.rzi
.obj
.ipm
.las
Super cool, Withe Knight. And perfectly good timing, as now that HexScape is working (still need work, but playable), the 3D models will become the main concern !

I agree with you, I'd definitively play with this brunak !

The best format would be .obj, as the 3D library I use natively understand it.

The only pitfall is the following :

once you get the 3D model from 123Catch, there still are work to do, 3 steps :

1) rotate the figure to make it stand (It tried with Eltahale, and got a model that was lying down) and center it on the point (0,0,0)

2) scale down the model. For reference, for a single base figure, the radius of the base should be 0.64 unit (i'll verify, but I believe I remember this number)

3) the part I don't exactly know how to do right now : reduce the number of polygon. 123 Catch models have too many triangle to use in a game. The model needs to be "decimated". As for the percentage of decimation, well, the figure needs to appear the same (too much decimation change the figure), and the percentage need to be the lowest possible. With a knight of Weston, I was able to go as down as 0.1 decimation factor (dividing by 10 the number of triangle) without it affecting the figure. Then, from what I read, a new texture need to be baked for the new mesh from the texture of the hi poly mesh. I never used Blender or 3D software before, so I don't really know more than that.

My problem is that my computer at home is crapy. When I run Blender, it is slow, and even worse, after perhaps 10minutes of use, my graphic chipset throw in the towel and all my screen become distorded (I need to restart the computer...). As money is scarce for the time being, I won't be able to buy another soon... So I'm afraid I won't be able to help with those 3 steps. I'll really need help from Heroscape players to do that, I'm sorry.

I can shoot the photo, however. I have every official heroscape figure (money wasn't so scarce then XD).

I was thinking we could organize ourself in 4 teams :

Team photo takes the photos of figure, make zip for each figure, and send them to

Team 123 Catch takes the photo, upload them to 123 Catch and get the model in .obj format, and send them to :

Team Blender (or another software), that import the model in blender, rotate, scale, center and decimate it.

Team Integration will prepare the files to put in HexScape : make the 3DObject folder and the card folder (card.properties and the images for the card), really easy bu must be done ˆˆ

What do you think ? I can do work for Team photo and Team Integration, but I'll need people for the others team. The more we are, the less work their is !

The first objective is to make all official figures ! Once we are there, we can start C3V, SoV, C3G, HoSS, and whatever !

The sooner we do that, the sooner we'll be able to play online using HexScape
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I already started with 123DCatch, so I'm ready to continue in this section.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old July 27th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I can help with Team Photo and Team 123D Catch.

I'd like to learn Blender as well and help with Team Blender, but I'll need someone to walk me through it.
Old July 27th, 2014, 09:06 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I've always had a growing interest in online 'Scape, but I've never had much time to try it. If this is the future of online 'Scape, though... I'll have to make time!

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old July 27th, 2014, 09:20 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Strange that you say that because... Room do have a chat. In fact, the big area in the center of the room is that ! There is a text input bellow that you can use to enter text. Perhaps the fact that it miss a "Send" button bothered you ? Or perhaps it didn't work for you ? Could you try it again and tell me ?
Oh wow...I can't believe I didn't notice that. So obvious now. Yeah, that works.

Once we start getting the figures, I can set up the integration.

Old July 27th, 2014, 05:01 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

First, this is amazing work!!!

Second, you can put me down for Team Blender.

Third, in an earlier post you mentioned a separate camera for LoS. As a feature request, it'd be nice for the program to automatically check whether one figure has LoS to another.

~Slip

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
As a feature request, it'd be nice for the program to automatically check whether one figure has LoS to another.
From what I know of programming such things, I don't think it's a good idea to pursue this. Between programming the LOS points on figures, drawing collision lines, model inconsistencies, attacker/defender selection...I'm guessing it would be a whole lot of work to even get a buggy LOS detector going. Maybe for a much later version, but I'm seeing HexScape staying as more of the sandbox-type program it is now, which I think is a good thing.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 27th, 2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Also, I made myself "KoW" using the evergreens as the models...yesss...
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Feature request.

Color the tabs for the dice. More than one occasion in our game we thought we were on attack and def dice and rolled the wrong ones. If after clicking the tab for attack or def dice, the whole tab changed color that would be a good indication.

And Valkyrie dice option.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; July 27th, 2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Red for attack, blue for def
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Feature request.

Color the tabs for the dice. More than one occasion in our game we thought we were on attack and def dice and rolled the wrong ones. If after clicking the tab for attack or def dice, the whole tab changed color that would be a good indication.

And Valkyrie dice option.
Valkyrie dice can easily be added. I'll make you some, if you want.

Making the tabs darker when they're selected is something I forgot to mention, yeah. Color-coding them wouldn't really work because of the dice system, but darker so it's easier to tell which is selected would definitely be good.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 27th, 2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I mean, darker than they are now
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:46 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Added easily ?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software