Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Lexan Mats

Notice 5/24/07: Grass is sold out. I have enough to fullfill currently pending orders.

I am also out of ice, sort of. All of the ice that I have left have some sort of defect, mostly crinkled edges. I have 14 of those left. As they are not pristine, I do not want to sell them for full price although they are still quite playable. I am lowering the price on these ones to $5.00.

Notice: Water has sold out! Ice and Grass are still available. I have enough water to fulfil currently pending requests. If any of those fall through, a small amount of water may become available.

Keep wathcing for HouseMouseGames' launch of the new product line coming soon!

:edit:
***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Fellow Scapers, I have a huge announcement regarding the mats. I am entering into a business relationship with our very own Sandra from http://www.HouseMouseGames.com.

HouseMouse Games is going to be the exclussive distributor for these products going forward. This arrangement is going to help get the various terrain types into production and availability more quickly.

As a result of my agreement with Sandra and HouseMouse, as of May 12th I will cease to sell these mats through Heroscapers. They will be available exlusively from HouseMouse at that point. Any orders received up to then will be honored at the current (near my cost) pricing. This includes any currently pending transactions. After that point, Sandra will sell them at a slightly higher price point to make the sales worth while for her. (I do not know what her price point will be, keep an eye on the HouseMouse website for availability and pricing).

As new terrain types are developed, they may be initially offered here at lower prices to determine demand. These will be limited number and time frame offereings.

I hope you will all continue your enthusiasm for this project and that everyone involved can benifit from this new developement.

New Information: While Sandra and I sort things out, this is on hiatus. I will continue to sell what I have in hand and in production. The May 12th deadline is no longer in place.

I want to thank everyone who has weighed in on the issue. Each of you has added valuable information. Teekay, I especially want to thank you for bringing this up, preventing a possibly disasterous outcome.

This is an awesome community and I am glad to be a part of it. Again, this is not the end of this road, simply a bump.

:/edit:

Based on the design concept first presented by teekay in this thread, Lexan mats with water hexes printed on them are now available.

Printed on .005 mil Lexan.
20 x 24 inches
158 water hexes printed on the sheet.

I am offering these for $12.00 per sheet (plus shipping) (that is just a few cents over my cost to have them printed.

I checked on shipping costs. Going all the way to NY it is going to be around $10 for shipping (from AZ).

The closer to AZ the lower the ship rate. I am estimating a package weight of about 2 lbs (for packaging and such) so this may be a bit higher than actual.

If anyone wants to check shipping costs to there location at fedex, ups or usps the origin zip code is 85546.

If looking at Parcel post from USPS, remember that these may be considered oversize because of their dimensions.

I am not looking to make a profit off of these, just offer them to the community.

If you are interested, please PM me.

Paypal is preferred, but arrangements for money orders can be made.

Last edited by Cavalier; August 31st, 2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:38 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
These look cool, and I'm closer than most to you. Do you have plans on doing any other formats? (Grass, Rock, Sand, or Road for example)
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
These look cool, and I'm closer than most to you. Do you have plans on doing any other formats? (Grass, Rock, Sand, or Road for example)
If the response is good, then yes. It all depends on whether these ones sell well.

Oh and you could always save shipping by coming to pick yours up...then we could get in a game as well. :P
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Maska is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What's the possibility of them on a bigger sheet, say 24x36?

"The Crystal Wind is the Storm, the Storm is Data, the Data is Life." - The Players Litany
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
I went and read the other thread for more info. Looks like a great idea. I hope the water one does well, as I might be interested in some grass ones.

The game would be good, although the drive would cost way more than shipping.
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
I went and read the other thread for more info. Looks like a great idea. I hope the water one does well, as I might be interested in some grass ones.

The game would be good, although the drive would cost way more than shipping.
:P too true
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maska
What's the possibility of them on a bigger sheet, say 24x36?
I have maxed these out. 20x24 is the largest size that our presses can do. Sorry.
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM

KevHead has disabled reputation
Cavalier these look pretty cool. Have you looked into rolling them and shipping in tubes? This would reduce costs.
Old April 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevHead
Cavalier these look pretty cool. Have you looked into rolling them and shipping in tubes? This would reduce costs.
Reducing costs is good

Either way, I'd like a couple of these. I'll try to get a new PayPal acct set up and PM if that works.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Are these printed on a clear sheet? That is - are the edges clear so they could be overlapped?

Is the blue transluscent or opaque?

Do they roll to ship in a tube?

I am interested...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevHead
I'll have to go grab a sample and see how it will roll. I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Are these printed on a clear sheet? That is - are the edges clear so they could be overlapped?

Is the blue transluscent or opaque?

Do they roll to ship in a tube?

I am interested...
The base sheets are clear but I am flooding them with white to make the hexes stand out. so they won't overlap as the edges will be white.

The color, I believe, will be opaque.

See above on the tubes.
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM

mal1980 has disabled reputation
is it a full rectangle, or are the hexes cut out so that multiple mats can be interlocked

2 ms, 2 fota, 2 vw, 2 rttff, 1 tt, wave1-6, 5 flagbearers, eov's, sir hawthorne, nerak.....awaiting wave 7 and sotm

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles