Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 10th, 2013, 06:49 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V Pre-Release Speculation Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
The Knights of Blackgaard

The figures used for this unit are a Aasimar Fighter figure from the D&D War of the Dragon Queen, Phalanx Soldier from the D&D Unhallowed, Axe Soldier from the D&D War Drums, and Royal Guard from the D&D Underdark. Their model numbers and names are Aasimar Fighter #1, Phalanx Soldier #7, Axe Soldier #4, and Royal Guard #11.

A grim, dark force marching onward. Slow to start, but when in the heat of battle, these knights will surge at the enemy, overwhelming them. Only those who share their relentless tactics may march in their ranks.

Thought I'd comment on this before I start playtesting. It sounds likes they'll have a Relentless Army Defense bonus like the Sacred band and 4th Mass.

I feel like they'll have some sort of Synergy with Hawthorne, as kind of reverse-KoW. Possibly a relentless champion movement/attack bonding for Hawthorne, as that wouldn't trigger his stab in the back. Maybe 'Whenever a relentless figure you control rolls the 20 sided die for an ability on his card, you may add one to the result."

Sock is one week away from retirement, in
THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If only you knew.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Sort of curious about their species - they looks like a grabbag to me. The red one is an orc, I think, the one with a wide stance looks significantly shorter... though that may just be the angle...
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The public playtesters gaard the secrets of unreleased units well.

No orcs here, Johnny, they are all (white or black) humans.
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
If only you knew.
*Shakes tiny cloth fist*

Also, the Bio for Garret Burns...

Quote:
Tough, mean, and quicker on the draw then most men half his age, Garrett Burns is a true nightmare to all who defend the law.
...makes it sound like he'll have an attack bonus versus lawmen. So...Utgar?

THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Really? Hmm, I guess I can see that. I guess the next question is whether they're D&D style or from Earth. Probably Earth, since they seem to fit with Sir Hawthorne ("Relentless" name drop and all).

They can't really be tied to him via background, though, since Hawthorne is just a treacherous Knight of Weston. So I think any synergy between them would be minimal at best.
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
definitely (Probably)

Quote:
A grim, dark force marching onward. Slow to start, but when in the heat of battle, these knights will surge at the enemy, overwhelming them Only those who share their relentless tactics may march in their ranks.
99% Sure they have a few movement-based abilities. Relentless movement bonding? Maybe a Sabre Storm/Queglix gun style ability that lets them split moves (Begin each turn with twelve moves. One at a time, you may move each Blackgaard 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 spaces.)

Maybe an ability that lets you move with 4 Blackgaards and attack with 4 different Blackgaards.

Maybe a low move combined with a "Charging Assault" Ability like the Kozuke.

Maybe they deal more damage for each relentless figure engaged to the target enemy?

THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sock, if it drives you nuts just playtest them.

my tradelist
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM
definitely (Probably)

Quote:
I sent Viegon a PM sometime around three-ish, but he hasn't replied yet. Meanwhile I've been furiously refreshing my browser every five minutes while posting my crazed, disjointed thoughts in this thread.

EDIT: He sent me a PM literally the second I posted this. I think he's psychic.

THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post
Quote:
I sent Viegon a PM sometime around three-ish, but he hasn't replied yet. Meanwhile I've been furiously refreshing my browser every five minutes while posting my crazed, disjointed thoughts in this thread.

EDIT: He sent me a PM literally the second I posted this. I think he's psychic.
Have fun, if you need army ideas for them PM me and I can help maybe.

my tradelist
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:07 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone else think that the Hoplitron may have kickstarted development on this guy? That thing in his hand looks like it could be used in melee. I'm guessing that the gun will be a weak ranged special.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:09 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Anyone else think that the Hoplitron may have kickstarted development on this guy? That thing in his hand looks like it could be used in melee. I'm guessing that the gun will be a weak ranged special.
Maybe, we don't really know how far in development he is though. I do think he'll be melee with a throwing weapon special with that club.

my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs