Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 22nd, 2021, 03:37 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

On Vanisher, I think the Mutant restriction helps, but still doesn't solve the core issue that teleporting your whole army to the enemy's start zone on R1T1 just doesn't seem very fun. (Especially when he's factionally friendly to Blob!)

If transporting (up to) 6 Mutants is important to you, I'd give him a space limit on his teleport, probably 8 spaces. If being able to transport anywhere on the map is important, I'd limit who he can teleport a lot more. (I think our current Indigo-1 is a good example, we had to re-evaluate her for being too good at teleporting.) Either way, I'd pick one of the two routes to go down, because both seems way too powerful. (But that is just the opinion of one Hero, tbf.)

On Unus, even with that change, an enemy without auto-wounders is still going to have to wait an average of 8 rounds for Unus to die, even longer if he has Destiny around. When an average C3G game lasts 5-6 rounds, that seems like a problem. I totally understand the desire to make this dude unharmable through most means - that is his power. But I think for gameplay reasons he needs some sort of failsafe where throwing enough firepower at him has an effect.

(I'm also not sure the marker mechanic is really needed? I'm pretty much never choosing to not make my guy invincible to most damage, even if he maybe takes an auto-wound. Maaaaaybe during the first round?)

I also think I maybe didn't clarify well enough when I said Partners In Crime isn't exactly jiving with the rest of the Brotherhood. Theoretically, Mystique II is the big OM hub for that faction, and comes at quite a heftier cost because of it. Partners In Crime works for Black Tom, IMO, because he's not really a core Brotherhood member, but when there's now two Outcasts throwing out this kind of partner bonding, it just feels like we're trying to supplant Mystique, which I don't think should be the goal. Maybe there's some other synergy thing he could provide other than turn bonding?
Old December 22nd, 2021, 09:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Helping Mystique function better is a goal that probably makes more sense.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 23rd, 2021, 05:36 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Posting a rough draft I've been thinking about, since Splash brought up this thread:

Quote:
NAME = GREEN ARROW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER (criminal?)
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

IT STILL HURTS WHEN IT'S COLD
After taking a turn with Green Arrow, if there are two or more revealed order markers on Green Arrow's card, put a wound marker on his card.

I PREPARED FOR THIS
Once per game, after targeting an opponent's Unique Hero with an attack with Green Arrow, you may choose one of the defending figure's special powers to negate for the rest of the round.

I wanted this to differ from some of the other Archer designs (Think Hawkeye III) in that a number of them take down an opposing figure's shields to land a more impactful hit. I was more interested in depicting the way Oliver acts in The Dark Knight Returns, where he isn't really trying to bring the shields down so he can do all the work, but instead help Batman deal with a threat.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 05:41 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm notorious for hating dialogue titles and feeling they're too much like Heroclix, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt, but I'd consider these tweaks:

STILL HURTS WHEN IT'S COLD
After taking a turn with Green Arrow, if there are two or more revealed order markers on this card, Green Arrow receives one wound, or two wounds if he occupies a snow or ice space.

PREPARED STRIKE
Once per game, before attacking an opponent's Unique Hero with Green Arrow, you may choose one of the defending figure's special powers to negate for the rest of the round.

Not sure on the theme of negating the powers for the rest of the round rather than just that attack?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 23rd, 2021, 05:55 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm notorious for hating dialogue titles and feeling they're too much like Heroclix, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt, but I'd consider these tweaks:

STILL HURTS WHEN IT'S COLD
After taking a turn with Green Arrow, if there are two or more revealed order markers on this card, Green Arrow receives one wound, or two wounds if he occupies a snow or ice space.

PREPARED STRIKE
Once per game, before attacking an opponent's Unique Hero with Green Arrow, you may choose one of the defending figure's special powers to negate for the rest of the round.

Not sure on the theme of negating the powers for the rest of the round rather than just that attack?
I'm coming from HeroClix so that's really valuable feedback. I like your titles better.

Is there possibly a middle ground between "only works for one attack" and "works for the entire round"? Maybe something that lets you put a marker on a Hero with a certain class, and when you use the once per game you bond with that Hero, then the effect ends? Might be too complicated.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 05:57 PM

I guess it depends on the theme of the thing, really. Like I was translating it as "I've got this one special blow figured out that's going to get around all their really tough counters." If the special blow temporarily depowers the enemy, something else is going on thematically.

Old December 23rd, 2021, 06:02 PM

That makes sense. That was probably a failure to convey things on my part. I was definitely going for the latter. I'll workshop it and come back. Thanks for the feedback!
Old December 23rd, 2021, 06:48 PM

For sure.

Old December 24th, 2021, 07:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is it a kryptonite arrow?
How much adventuring does he do at this point or is this one shot about it?
Old December 24th, 2021, 06:55 PM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Here's some ideas I had for Deadpool awhile back, inspired by @Kid Arachnid 's design.
Quote:

NAME = DEADPOOL
SECRET IDENTITY = WADE WILSON

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = INSANE/UNSTABLE/OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

"ME FIRST! ME FIRST!"/"TAG, YOU'RE IT!"
Start the game with the Glyph of Teleportation Belt on this card. Deadpool cannot lose the glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. If Deadpool is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 2 to his normal attack.

OBSESSIVE (ON THE POINT OF BORDERING IMPRACTICAL) RIVALRY
At the start of the game, choose an enemy figure to be Deadpool’s rival. After placing Order Markers and before rolling for initiative, if Deadpool’s Rival is on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or lower, if possible, place one Order Marker that is not on this card on this card. When Deadpool attacks his Rival with a non-adjacent attack, he may attack an additional time.

”AH CRAP, I REALLY NEEDED THOSE”/”GROW DAMMIT! GROW!”
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Deadpool, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from Deadpool and each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.
Sort of a middle ground between the more serious first design and off the walls, casual play design. It'd be pretty cool to have a zany Deadpool that could be played in regular games.
I also love him with the teleport belt, he was one of my go tos in X-Men Legends II and that's where the first power titles are from.
The last power titles are from when he fought Wolverine in Wolverine Origins, was the first Deadpool comic I ever read, I was like in a grocery store or something. I think I prefer the latter of each power name.

The first two powers are also set up where he basically has double attack at range or a really good surprise attack up close. His healing power references how his healing works a little differently than Wolverine or usual healing mutants (who sort of just heal more naturally) in that it seems like if he concentrates on it he heals better. It's still tied to Healing Factor X, but I'd be okay dropping that and just saying whenever he reveals an OM on his card. It also makes it so the second power isn't a huge downside, if he steals a turn to go after Wolvie or Cable, he gets another shot to heal. It's also kind of a mild shout-out to Lobo's funny guy healing power.

Like it, obviously, added the very much needed... um, how should I put it? Deadpool flourish for the power names.
Old December 24th, 2021, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is it a kryptonite arrow?
How much adventuring does he do at this point or is this one shot about it?
It is a kryptonite arrow. I guess I was trying to convey that he'd bring whatever he thought he needs. In TDKR, that's kryptonite.

Iirc in the book he's fairly active, just undercover. He fires more than one shot, and shows up in the sequels as well.
Old December 31st, 2021, 03:42 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not to keep posting this design but I would like LD D.Va soon, so just posting her again before submitting the request. No plans for a faction for her, just a standalone piece for now, with potentially pilot D.Va as a separate design in the future.
Quote:

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = D.VA
SECRET IDENTITY = HANA SONG
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = COMPETITIVE / FIERCE
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 260?

EXO-FORCE MEKA
Before attacking normally with D.Va, you may choose to either:
  • Attack one additional time; or
  • Add 2 to D.Va's Range number and subtract 2 from her Attack number, and D.Va may attack 3 additional times this turn.
NERF THIS!
Once per game, when D.Va would receive any number of wounds from an attack or special power, instead of placing those wounds, you may immediately use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time. A figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled, and 2 wounds for each blank rolled. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va.

DEFENSE MATRIX
Once per player turn, if D.Va or any friendly Unique Hero is attacked by an opponent’s non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may immediately move D.Va up to 3 spaces. After moving D.Va, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack or be targeted for a non-adjacent attack for the remainder of this turn, and if the defending figure is on one of those spaces, they receive no wounds from this attack.

SUPERSTRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Skinderella; January 1st, 2022 at 06:37 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy