Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:09 PM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Legoboy's You Predict the Winner Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
Legoboy
I love it, the armies aren't even listed yet. And we already have votes for Legoboy. I know it makes sense to back the hot hand, but...

Old January 19th, 2010, 08:43 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Armies are listed here.

Captain Canuck's Army
Atlaga
Raelin (RotV)
Minions of Utgar x3

Legoboy's Army
Nilfheim
Zelrig
Marro Warriors
Deathreavers x2

Have a good week.
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:50 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Armies are listed here.

Captain Canuck's Army
Atlaga
Raelin (RotV)
Minions of Utgar x3

Legoboy's Army
Nilfheim
Zelrig
Marro Warriors
Deathreavers x2

Have a good week.
Mea Culpa

I thought your post here meant you had won again. However, it was just a summary of the votes. I guess it is 6-1 in favour of you now. I look forward to the battle report

(Though, I am not as jealous now - I thought you were getting far too many games of Heroscape in...)
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:20 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT2 View Post
(Though, I am not as jealous now - I thought you were getting far too many games of Heroscape in...)
Yeah, sometimes things like visiting family, sick kids and work get in the way of our games. I'm all for quitting the teaching gig and just going pro in HeroScape.

(Props to Nether for this great image.)
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart
Cool Re: Legoboy's You Predict the Winner Thread

Legoboy's Army
Nilfheim
Zelrig
Marro Warriors
Deathreavers x2

he always picks the army
i would so use between the two
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Season II- Battle 7- Recap

After putting our game off twice (maybe thrice, it gets hard to remember sometimes) Captain Canuck came over on Saturday to wage war. Ok, so we had to install a thermostat, make a trip to Chipotle, make a trip to Home Depot, paint my living room, make a second trip to Chipotle (two burritos in one day isn't as good an idea as I thought it was) and add another coat of paint in the living room first, but he came over to play some 'Scape. That's what friends do.

This time around Captain Canuck was playing the roll of the underdog, a roll he has not typically played this season. I believe that our loyal followers had voted for me 7-1. Were you right? Let's see.

This battle was played out in Badru Valley by Gamebear. We each got to choose our own armies any which way we wanted, 500 points no limits. Here are the lineups.

Captain Canuck's Army
Atlaga
Raelin (RotV)
Minions of Utgar x3

Captain Canuck's army prepares to dismantle the dragons and their allies.

Legoboy's Army
Nilfheim
Zelrig
Marro Warriors
Deathreavers x2

Legoboy's army stares across the valley at the horde of Kyrie awaiting death.

The Captain choose a mobile army that could handle the elevation changes without slowing down. Minions with 8 defense (thank you very much Raelin) and 5 move (you too, Atlaga) are tons worse than regular Minions, which are bad enough to begin with. I picked my army because dragons are bad-@$$! Nilfheim and Zelrig are both capable of taking down multiple targets per activation. This looked to be a fight of epic proportions. Here's how it all played out...

Round 1-
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 6, Captain Canuck 1
Legoboy rolls out some Deathreavers hoping to get them into the way early.
Captain Canuck sends Raelin into battle, perching her on a bit of high ground.
The Deathreavers move into the center of the field grabbing the Common Attack +1 glyph on the way.
The Minions of Utgar move up front and center.
Zelrig moves into the fray sending his Majestic Fire at a Realin-boosted Minion. The Minion falls anyway.
The Minions swoop down upon the Deathreavers, killing one. After the first attack the other Robo-rats scattered away from the maurading Minions.

Zelrig gazes across the battlefield looking for his next target.

Round 2-
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 1, Captain Canuck 4
The Minions engage Zelrig and destroy one Deathreaver.
The Deathreavers with their extra attack die attack a Minion near the glyph as well as Raelin. Neither target flinches from the puny Deathreaver attacks.
The Minions again move against the Deathreavers, felling 2 and putting the first 2 wounds on Zelrig.
Zelrig attacks the Minions with his Majestic Fire again, frying one but not the other.
The Minions, weary from their continued activations, destroy another 'Reaver but miss Zelrig.
Nilfheim drops from the sky, obliterating a Minion in a flurry of ice shards.

A pair of opposing dragons is enough to strike terror into the heart of even the stoutest Minions.

Round 3
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 19, Captain Canuck 16
Legoboy's Deathreavers mobilize again, putting a hit on Raelin (height is a good thing) and Atlaga. Two Minions withstood the Soulborg attacks.
The Minions of Canuck again press forward destroying another 'Reaver and landing another hit on Zelrig (now 2 hits).
Nilfheim flies to the center of the battlefield where he has multiple targets for his ice shards. Raelin and a pair of Minions were able to dodge the attacks.
Atlaga disengages from a pesky Deathreaver, suffering a hit in the process. He takes aim at another 'Reaver but misses. From the corners of his keen eyes he sees more 'Reavers scurry about, one again stopping at his feet.
With Atlaga now within his range, Nilfheim opens his maw and sends the ice flying. Raelin and Atlaga each take a pair of wounds, a Minion caught in the gale is more fortunate.
Captain Canuck wants that empty glyph. An ambitious Minion disengages from a Deathreaver and dies from an ankle wound. Two other Minions attack Nilfheim but neither lands a hit on the Dragon King.

Engaged with two Minions, Nilfheim looks to be in trouble. Atlaga couldn't be happier with that situation.

Round 4
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 12, Captain Canuck 4
Zelrig hastens down from his perch, taking a disengagement wound from a Minion. The Dragon Emperor lands on the glyph then breathes his Majestic Fire straight at Nilfheim rolling ! Nilfheim rolls (height, whew!) The pair of Minions engaged with Nilfheim both perished in the blast.
Atlaga, enraged after watching another pair of his Minions fall, takes a bead on Nilfheim with the magical Bolt of Witherwood. There is a flash of light, a clap of thunder and 16 on the d20. Nilfheim is no more!!! As a casual afterthought the Kyrie Warrior shoots at Zelrig, but misses.
Nilfheim is dead and doesn't get to use his order marker.
The Minions follow Atlaga's lead and ferociously pummel Zelrig. The first Minion rolls , which when doubled is . The mighty Emperor is not up to the challenge. Two dragon carcasses now litter the battlefield.
Nilfheim is dead and doesn't get to use his order marker. (Yeah, losing two turns to the Bolt of Witherwood was painful. Canuck hasn't stopped celebrating yet.)
The Minions finally claim the glyph and turn their attention to the remaining pack of Deathreavers. After the first attack fails, the other Minions find themselves no longer engaged.

Atlaga and his surviving trio of Minions look about them after the threatening dragons have been removed.

Round 5
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 6, Captain Canuck 2
With the dragons suddenly, drastically removed from his army Legoboy calls on the Deathreavers to move again and hold down Captain Canuck's forces. The 'Reavers put a fourth wound on Raelin and destroy two more Minions. Legoboy smiles as he sees victory again within reach.
Captain Canuck sends his remaining Minion against a Deathreaver. Now there is one less piece of vermin to worry about.
The Marro Warriors quickly move into range and open fire on Raelin and the Minion. Both survive. In a desperate move, the fourth Warrior fires on a Deathreaver looking to cause scatter. He rolls . The Deathreaver rolls . At least the others were able to scatter and engage Canuck's Minion.
The newly engaged Minion swings his mighty axe at the Deathreaver rolling , which doubles nicely ( if you needed help). The Deathreaver rolls . Captain Canuck shakes his hand in fury.
The Marro Warriors move into better firing positions but miss Atlaga and the Minion (three times!!!).
After dodging the deadly plasma blasts, the Minion quickly dispatches the Deathreaver.

Finally called into the battle the Marro Warriors hope to polish off the three remaining Kyries: Atlaga, the Minion...

and Raelin who has been trapped by this pesky deathreaver since Round 3.

Round 6
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 6, Captain Canuck 19
Atlaga fires at and destroys the Marro on the glyph.
The remaing Marros kill Raelin and miss the Minion twice.
Standing a step above his chosen prey, the Minion swings at a Marro Warrior and misses.
The last Deathreaver moves down the steps on one side of the valley and closes the gap towards Atlaga.
The Minion does not miss a second time.
Two Marro Warriors both miss the Minion.

The Marro Warriors hope to catch their quarry in a crossfire. Captain Canuck has other plans.

Round 7
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 3, Captain Canuck 11
Atlaga opens fire at the lower Marro. No Marro Warrior can stand up to .
The Deathreaver closes the gap and attacks Atlaga, but fails to give the Kyrie his last wound.
The Minion turns and tries to cleave the lone Marro. The Marro's height advantage allows him to leap over the swinging axe.
The Marro's height advantage doesn't help destroy the Minion though.
The Minion swings a touch higher this time around. The Marro's body falls in a wet heap upon the ground.
Dead Marro Warriors don't get to take a turn.

Atlaga and the last Minion flip a Kyrie coin to see who gets the first try at the remaining Deathreaver. Atlaga wins.

Round 8
Initiative Rolls- Legoboy 9, Captain Canuck 13
Atlaga lowers his crossbow at the Deathreavers armored head. is tough to beat. Legoboy rolls his defense... .

Captain Canuck wins! The two remaining Kyrie celebrate by eating all the dragon steaks they can handle.

Another great back and forth battle. I still thought I had a chance once the 'rats took out the pair of Minions and left Raelin mostly dead. I thought I could get lucky once with the Marro Warriors. Losing both dragons in consecutive turns really trashed my plans. At least I didn't go down in complete flames after that. Sorry to disappoint my fans.

Last edited by legoboy; January 31st, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Captain Canuck is surprisingly tart

Hello Everyone,

I know I haven't posted in a long while, but I'm here to post the next battle Legoboy and myself.

Season II- Battle 8
This week, we will be using the "Embrace the Suck" game condition. This means that our armies must contain at least 200 points of C- or lower rated figures. We will be playing on the "Arctic Divide" map.

The armies are:

Legoboy:
Major Q9
Kaemon Awa
Shades of Bleakwood x2

Captain Canuck:
Sir Gilbert
Isamu
Templar Calvary x2
Knights of Weston x2

So far, there is no set date when this game will be played, but hopefully it will be soon. Should be good one, stay tuned....
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Legoboy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sorry Captain Canuck, but I have to go with Legoboy again. I'm pulling for you though.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm on the Captain for this game - the Templar are going to skewer Q9. Gilbert and the KoW can take care of the rest.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The map looks more forgiving to the Shades and range. Legoboy
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

definitely captain canuck

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports