Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Metroid Prime... where do I start? It is one of the best games I have ever played, and I love it. I've played it multiple times, and it has always amazed me with it's graphics and gameplay. Just when you think you've discovered everything there is to dicover on Tallon IV, you find something else!

And then came Echoes. Many think that it was a step down from Prime, with it's limiting Ammo system and annoying bosses. Not to mention the Dark World. But I think that it still is one of the best games, ranking right up there with Prime. And the Dark World scared my pants off the first time I went in.

And Corruption. Haven't beat it all the way yet, but it is sweet so far. Hypermode seems a little cheap, but nicely balanced by being corrupted.

And then, Nintendo went a combined all three of these awesome games into 1 disc, with an art booklet, revamped the siming of Prime and Echoes to mimic Corruptions, and priced it at 50 dollars! Can I get a Here, Here?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:39 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy

I think Prime is the best of the series and that if you were to play it and stop there, you'd be fine. I disliked Echoes to the point that I got about 85% of the way through and just quit. I completed Corruption last year and while I enjoyed it, overall it was not as much fun as I'd hoped. It did have the best control scheme, though.

I think the trilogy disk using that control scheme is a great buy for anyone who had not already gotten on board with the franchise.

Old January 16th, 2010, 01:47 PM

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had Prime and Echoes, but not Corruption. So Trilogy got me Corruption and the other two for the price of one.us

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I got this on release day, so worth it(I got a really nifty shirt cause I pre-ordered). I already had one and three, but it was worth it. These games are amazing, some of the best games to come out in the last decade. I hope Metroid Other M is just as good.
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM

Looking for all those blasted energy cells. *sigh*

Was anyone else really dissapointed by the Nova Beam? It's basiclly a green Phazon beam. Cool, but I think they could've done something a little cooler.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Looking for all those blasted energy cells. *sigh*

Was anyone else really dissapointed by the Nova Beam? It's basiclly a green Phazon beam. Cool, but I think they could've done something a little cooler.
Yes. I also thought the ship-oriented power ups and abilities felt pretty tacked on.

Old January 21st, 2010, 05:34 PM

So far, I haven't used the ship missiles hardly at all, and the grapple only for building the bomb. The bomb was pretty sweet, but I wish they had some more uses for them.

Anyone heard anything new about Metroid Other M?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's not going to be anything like Prime, that's for sure.

It's a story heavy 3rd person action game.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM

Yeah, I'm not to sure about the 3rd person. Looks like it may just become a variant of LoZ. I dunno, though. I'll buy it, thats for sure.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, from what I've seen, it's not even true 3d. Sorta a 3D sidescrollor. That's just from a few clips though.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM

Hmmm. Maybe a remake of the original Metroid, with story and plot and more metroid awesomeness?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:51 PM
Dr Feelgood

I think so. It's not a pure sideways platformer, but it's close. Kinda like 2.5D in a few parts. Go to gametrailers.com and check out the vid to see what I mean.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games