Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: MLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
As a pitcher he hit 0, 4, 3, 2, 11, 29, 54, 59. 1914 - 1921. In '31 and '33 he hit 46 and 34. He was used as a pitcher then too.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...01.shtml?redir
Yes, but he only hit 14 home runs while he was pitching in the same game. He hit 686 homers as an outfielder and 14 as a pinch hitter/pinch runner.
So say if Carlos Zambrano was moved to the outfield because the cubs had no outfielders to bring up due to injury but still pitched on his days and he hit home runs they would not count in your book?
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Well technically they would not count in the official statistics as far as what position he was playing when he hit the home runs. But I see what you're getting at, if it were a last resort replacement type thing.

-insert signature here-
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:49 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As a pitcher he hit 0, 4, 3, 2, 11, 29, 54, 59. 1914 - 1921. In '31 and '33 he hit 46 and 34. He was used as a pitcher then too.

Yes, but he only hit 14 home runs while he was pitching in the same game. He hit 686 homers as an outfielder and 14 as a pinch hitter/pinch runner.
So say if Carlos Zambrano was moved to the outfield because the cubs had no outfielders to bring up due to injury and he hit home runs they would not count in your book?
Elias Sports Bureau wouldn't. Cal Ripken Jr. holds the record for most home runs at shortstop because Ernie Banks spent half of his time at first base.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So say if Carlos Zambrano was moved to the outfield because the cubs had no outfielders to bring up due to injury and he hit home runs they would not count in your book?
Elias Sports Bureau wouldn't. Cal Ripken Jr. holds the record for most home runs at shortstop because Ernie Banks spent half of his time at first base.
I was just wondering since A guy from a fielding position could come in and pitch and get credit for the stats he accumulates. I was gauging the years he pitched and accumulated the homeruns.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was just wondering since A guy from a fielding position could come in and pitch and get credit for the stats he accumulates. I was gauging the years he pitched and accumulated the homeruns.
The way it is decided is what position player A is playing when he hits the home run and that is how it is recorded.
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The way it is decided is what position player A is playing when he hits the home run and that is how it is recorded.
I still like my way better.
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but your way causes us to count the same home runs multiple times.
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, but your way causes us to count the same home runs multiple times.
This way steroids will be out dated!
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:07 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Wow, big sweep of the Jays. They seemed to have owned the Sox in recent years, this is only three games, but it's nice to get off to a good start. Great pitching in all three games as well, five total runs (against the best offense) given up by the Sox in the series.

-insert signature here-
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Wow, big sweep of the Jays. They seemed to have owned the Sox in recent years, this is only three games, but it's nice to get off to a good start. Great pitching in all three games as well, five total runs (against the best offense) given up by the Sox in the series.
Hey, a sweep of the best team in the American League, er...best record in American league, is still HUGE. That was awesome! The Sox of late just seem to reload and are on a scarry tear. Congrats on the sweep and hope we'll see you in the World Series and not the Hot Y-Holes.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:30 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just came back from Boston. I come from New Jersey, as my profile says, so my area is consisted of two people: Obnoxious people who love the Yankees, and not obnoxious people who don't care about baseball.

I place my self in the second category, but I still want to share this. I appreciate baseball a lot; it has some great history. Watching it just bores me.

Anyway, today before coming home, I visited Fenway Park. I really liked it. Everything was very nice (though the wooden seats were tiny) and I loved the field. The history that is behind that field amazes me.

But as I said, most of us are Yankees, myself not included. We had four brave fools who wore Yankees shirts and hats. Our tour guide joked about them a lot, which was funny. Of course, they are obnoxious, as I said. This lead one of them to write the following sentence on the Green Monster: "**** the Red Sox, the New York Yankees are the only good team."

I would just like to know something. When does rivalry become more than a sport? I can't imagine someone being a Jerk enough to go to the other team and write that kind of stuff. Am I just naive, or is this too much? I know that if I went to Dallas (home of the Cowboys which are the nemesis of my Giants) I would not walk around in Giants shirts or whoop like a monkey at Dallas fans. I am pretty certain it is different with Boston/New York, but still. It's just rude if you ask me.

~Ep, preparing for some flame
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
I just came back from Boston. I come from New Jersey, as my profile says, so my area is consisted of two people: Obnoxious people who love the Yankees, and not obnoxious people who don't care about baseball.

I place my self in the second category, but I still want to share this. I appreciate baseball a lot; it has some great history. Watching it just bores me.

Anyway, today before coming home, I visited Fenway Park. I really liked it. Everything was very nice (though the wooden seats were tiny) and I loved the field. The history that is behind that field amazes me.

But as I said, most of us are Yankees, myself not included. We had four brave fools who wore Yankees shirts and hats. Our tour guide joked about them a lot, which was funny. Of course, they are obnoxious, as I said. This lead one of them to write the following sentence on the Green Monster: "**** the Red Sox, the New York Yankees are the only good team."

I would just like to know something. When does rivalry become more than a sport? I can't imagine someone being a Jerk enough to go to the other team and write that kind of stuff. Am I just naive, or is this too much? I know that if I went to Dallas (home of the Cowboys which are the nemesis of my Giants) I would not walk around in Giants shirts or whoop like a monkey at Dallas fans. I am pretty certain it is different with Boston/New York, but still. It's just rude if you ask me.

~Ep, preparing for some flame
Dude, seriously, no flames are necessary. To understand a baseball rivalry you should be in one for a while. Being rude and berating the other team mercilessly is half the fun of your team winning. Aggressive types find this very appealing. I'm guessing the more reserved and intellectual types do not.

Look up: Fanaticism is an emotion of being filled with excessive, uncritical zeal, particularly for an extreme religious or political cause or in some cases sports, or with an obsessive enthusiasm for a pastime or hobby.

The difference between a fan and a fanatic is that while both have an overwhelming liking or interest in a given subject, behaviour of a fanatic will be viewed as violating prevailing social norms, while that of a fan will not violate those norms (although the person may be considered unusual).[2] A fanatic differs from a crank, in that a crank is defined as a person who holds a position or opinion which is so far from the norm as to appear ludicrous and/or provably wrong, such as a belief in widespread alien abduction. In contrast, the subject of the fanatic's obsession may be "normal", such as an interest in religion or politics, except that the scale of the person's involvement, devotion, or obsession with the activity or cause is abnormal or disproportionate.

Baseball for me is religion. I played it, I coach it, I live it. Once you begin to understand the intricacies of the game you begin to see the depth of strategy in the game. Not unlike heroscape which on the surface seems simple but the depth is profound once you peel back the layers of the onion ONACARA!

Writing profanity on walls is juvenile and just shows the age of the person but the fanaticism is still there. Some people get out of hand and get offended and fights start and alcohol is usually involved.

Between rival ball clubs a mutual hate/hate relationship developes over time where bragging and razzing rights are on the line. Being able to say "My dog is better than your dog." Is the big prize. Being able to say Your city has the World Series champ or the most World Series rings makes a lot of people proud which is one of the deadly sins I believe.

Intensity, Aggression, Pride and competitive natures make for a fan in my opinion.

Last edited by J4Jandar; May 23rd, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV