Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: LEGO GAME: Heroica (Dungeon Crawl)

That looks pretty cool. I'll have to put that on my list.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

ZOMG JAW DROP THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! I hope...

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old May 28th, 2011, 02:07 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Despite not appearing anywhere on Lego's own pages, the games are available at Toys R Us, as one of my sons brought home two of them today. We haven't had time to really get into them yet, but the variety of weapons/objects (plus the ability to build your own) promises a lot of replayablility. I was surprised to find that the castle set offered three possible builds for the basic rooms.
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Please let us know how you like the game(s). I really want this to be good.

-insert signature here-
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:09 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Please let us know how you like the game(s). I really want this to be good.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:16 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Realizing that not all of you are BGG-ers, here is my review reposted:

Spoiler Alert!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:23 AM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

Awesome!!!!!
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron View Post
Realizing that not all of you are BGG-ers, here is my review reposted:

Quote:
<snip>
Unfortunately, this game goes only a little further into gaming territory. Don't expect RPG style concepts...just board game mechanics, but they are passable. As a reference point, were talking Basic Heroscape here not Advanced .
<snip>
Oh well. At least you just saved me 25 bucks.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; May 29th, 2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: And since a penny saved is a penny earned that means I just earned $25 to spend on HS, right? ;)
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:46 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

The strategy threw me a bit, as it seems like you're better off splitting up rather than sticking together (as in most other dungeon crawls). Most of the passageways only allow one hero through at a time, so it's hard to team up to take out the baddies. Granted, that's only after one play, and obviously the board can be rebuilt to allow for all sorts of approaches.

We combined two different sets (castle and bay) and so had four heroes to choose from. The range is ok; a thief-type to deactivate chest traps might be nice.

The basic game is ok; having one player control the monsters is better. Otherwise, the stationary monsters just become obstacles to be dealt with rather than genuine foes.
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

It seems the best bet would be to create your own game version, by expanding and tweaking the rules. Other than that, I was somewhat disappointed by the review.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:27 PM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

I just go the Fortaan game yesterday - you can read my review here so I don't have to rehash it: http://geeksincebirth.wordpress.com/...ortaan-review/

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls
Old June 15th, 2011, 12:45 AM

We played again today, adding the caverns. The game is beginning to grow on me. Admittedly, part of the appeal is that I'm a Lego junkie. But it's also a dungeon crawl that my five year-old can get into, too (Heroquest is a bit beyond him; Dungeonquest works because there are fewer options).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games