Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Another Newbie Cheat Sheet - Condensed Rules for New Players

Condensed Rules for New Players

RulesForNewbies.pdf

RulesForNewbies.doc (for those that want to edit it)

Last Updated: 12/18/2008

There are other newbie helper sheets out there, but I've not found one that was exactly want I wanted, so I started making this just as a check list of what I wanted to remember to teach new players when "demoing" the game... and well wound up as this. This is a work in progress, still looking for stuff to add to it, it might wind up 2 sided with the glyph powers etc added. And I am sure some of it needs to be reworded... I also kind of house ruled the order marker placement rule, but its pretty much similar.

Last edited by Draconious; December 18th, 2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Another Newbie Cheat Sheet - Condensed Rules for New Pla

Nice job there Drac...gonna have to look this over later.

Maybe work this into a 2 sider to hand out at the Learn To Play areas at TempleCon and TotalCon

Last edited by Onacara; December 13th, 2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

I just started a 'Scaping group, so everyone is new at it but me. This will really help teach people how to play. Thanks!
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Thnx...

Did I miss anything? is it all good? going to wait a while, and come back to edit/reword anythign that needs it.
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This should be stickied. I'm definitely printing these out for my friends.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:38 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

This is great work! It seems that every time I play against one of my friends, he implies that I'm breaking rules for my benefit, which I never (knowingly) do. But it's usually too much of a pain to find the appropriate section in the rulebook to prove myself. Anyway, he always agrees to my interpretation, but I can see him mentally disagreeing with me, so a quick reference sheet would be great for our games.

I only skimmed it, but the one thing that I thought could be fleshed out are the rules for engagement. In particular, I didn't see if/where it noted that engaged figures must attack each other, and that you can't move through your own figures if they're engaged to your opponent's figures (which was the disagreement last game).

Oh, one more, perhaps: water (and related) tiles add 0 height to the terrain they're on.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:29 AM

Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
This is great work! It seems that every time I play against one of my friends, he implies that I'm breaking rules for my benefit, which I never (knowingly) do. But it's usually too much of a pain to find the appropriate section in the rulebook to prove myself. Anyway, he always agrees to my interpretation, but I can see him mentally disagreeing with me, so a quick reference sheet would be great for our games.

I only skimmed it, but the one thing that I thought could be fleshed out are the rules for engagement. In particular, I didn't see if/where it noted that engaged figures must attack each other, and that you can't move through your own figures if they're engaged to your opponent's figures (which was the disagreement last game).

Oh, one more, perhaps: water (and related) tiles add 0 height to the terrain they're on.
Nice! Thank you! I always like to see stuff created for the newbys!
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Thnx Again...

The engagment attack requirement is in the "RANGE ATTACK" section... since it only affects figures that want to attack with range, but cannot due to the fact that they are engaged in combat with someone standing next to them...

I do need to re-reference this with the special attack as a reminder though, some people forget special attacks are also effected by the engagement.
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Very useful, I may have to print off a copy once you have it finalized. Thanks for posting it.

As for the proof reading, I believe in the Figure Fit and Placement section, the last word of the first sentence should be 'there' rather then 'their'.

Also I believe the Jungle Rules states that you only recieved the +1 def die against ranged attacks.
Old December 17th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Mr.Fullerton Woo who?

So I just moved to the Bay Area in September. I just got all my household goods delivered and unpacked my Scape stuffs. I invited a few guys from work over to check it out and they are addicts already. This newb rules compendium is just what I need to help them along the way... thanks for supplying it at just the right time.
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Slightly updated...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's