Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
AdventureScape Beta - LOOKING FOR PLAY TESTERS

Introduction
"A young man stands outside two huge stone doors. His body begins to shake, his knees grow weak, the adrenaline flowing through his veins. He lets out a breath slowly and pushes the heavy doors open. A great waft of dust and air escape entering the young man's lungs. Coughing, trying to clear his throat, he draws his sword and his shield slung across his back and straps it to his other arm. As he walks through the door, the light begins to fade and the darkness begins to envelop him. His eyes dart back and forth unable to pierce the void, his ears pick up sounds from all around him and panic begins to set in. Tapping his sword against his shield and whispering a word of power, the sword glows a soft blue hue, illuminating the corridor and casting away some of the darkness.
Further exploration brings the young man to an intricate door. He begins to look for a way to open the door. Not finding any way in, the young man grows annoyed. He begins to pace back and forth, not noticing the stone he just stepped on began sinking into the floor. Giving up, he turns to leave and feels a strange sting on his neck. A small dart sticks from his neck and begins to tingle. Reaching to pull the dart from his neck, his arm does not listen to his command. He tries the other arm with no effect, his sword and shield dropping from his grasp and clattering on the floor. The young man begins to stumble around realizing what's happening to him, he tries to whisper another word of power, but cannot finish the spell. His body falls to the floor, before he closes his eyes, the last thing he sees is two red glowing orbs, they look like eyes staring at him."

Not many people remember the fool who tried to be an adventurer and hero, at least not his name anyway. Instead, they remember him so as to not make the same mistakes. To this day, we still see fool hardy young men and women fail similarly and it never ceases to amaze us.
I hope you take heed of these words and this story I've shared with you, because you never know what lurks in the dark. Tread carefully, and perhaps we shall meet again.

Tell me what you think! Improvements would be helpful!

Gag Introduction
"A young man stands outside two huge stone doors. His body begins to shake, his knees grow weak, the adrenaline flowing through his veins. He lets out a breath slowly and pushes the heavy doors open. A great waft of dust and air escape entering the young man's lungs. He pitches forward and has a coughing fit. Suddenly, he catches a glint of metal flying towards his face. Quickly reacting, the young man hops to his feet, only to find that he doesn't have any weapons on him. He knew he was dead as the orc stabs him in the gut. He falls to the ground in extreme pain and realizes that this wound is a bleeder and is going to leave a mark, he wished he had brought his sword and shield and maybe he should have taken more then one lesson is weapons training and paid attention in class. The last thing he sees is the orcs spear coming for his face!

AdventureScape is now ready for beta-testing. I am looking for anyone interested in trying this out. I know there are some kinks that need to be worked out, but I can't seem to find any just yet.

If anyone is interested in trying this out, you can download it here:
AdventureScape Beta
Old December 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
So yeah, what is it?

I tend not to download things that I have no idea what are. A brief summary would be nice.
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:18 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
So yeah, what is it?

I tend not to download things that I have no idea what are. A brief summary would be nice.
Oh yes, how silly of me. It's sort of similar to InfinityMax's Solo Dungeon Crawl game and Heroquest.

I liked the elements of Heroquest, because of well, the quests and the 3D board. I loved IMax's Solo Dungeon Crawl because you didn't really need a GM. So I'm pretty much working on something along those guidelines.

Here's a preview of some of it:
Notice some of the similarities from IMax's game.

***Pictures taken down due to construction***

I STRONGLY suggest these be printed out on Cardstock paper, at least 110 lbs. If you plan on printing them on normal paper, I suggest you invest in some self lamination paper, for one, you'll have some insane warping if you glue the character cards together. Last but not least you'll need glue that has low, very low water content, glue sticks work best.
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:25 AM

Church Monroe is surprisingly tart
Great idea, and I like your game rules layout-making abilities.

Sounds like fun, I'll have to add some of your ideas to my Heroscape quest mode. What figures do you use? I use miniatures from war games that are up to Heroscape size for my Heroscape quests.

Not an anime fan. Just a Taiga fan.
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Alee_Brightberry Woo who?
I haven't downloaded this "yet" but from the sample cards sounds kinda neat

But

you might want to think about "fadeing" the background pics on your cards - I found them hard to read. Or find some pics that aren't quite so "busy"

Alee (of the "old eyes")
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church Monroe
Great idea, and I like your game rules layout-making abilities.

Sounds like fun, I'll have to add some of your ideas to my Heroscape quest mode. What figures do you use? I use miniatures from war games that are up to Heroscape size for my Heroscape quests.
Thanks, but not all of it was my idea. Most of the rules are from InfinityMax's game, you can find it here:

Solo Dungeon Crawl by IMax

Figures from Heroscape I'll be using for these are:
Paladin - Sir Dendrick
Fighter - Eldgrim
Wizard - Morsbane
Cleric - Valguard
Monk - Monk
Necromancer - Sudema
Archer - Syvarris
Rogue - Ninja
Barbarian - Crixus
Samurai - Kaemon Awa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alee_Brightberry
I haven't downloaded this "yet" but from the sample cards sounds kinda neat

But

you might want to think about "fadeing" the background pics on your cards - I found them hard to read. Or find some pics that aren't quite so "busy"

Alee (of the "old eyes")
I do apologize, I will fade them some more then re-upload the new cards. If you can point out which cards are hard on the eyes, I will fix those.

Thank you for your feedback!
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
SEv, I would likely play this as I have toyed with Imax's version a bit. Finish her up and let's give it a try.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 9th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
SEv, I would likely play this as I have toyed with Imax's version a bit. Finish her up and let's give it a try.
I will finish this as soon as possible. What I'm really having trouble with right now is the enemies and balancing them so they're not overpowered, but also not underpowered. If anyone has any ideas on how to balance these out, I'd appreciate it.

Maybe make it so that the enemies never have to roll...Example: Arthur is fighting a Bandit.
  • Arthur's Attack, Defense and Life are all 3.
    Bandits Attack is 2, Defense 1, Life 2.
    Arthur attacks first and rolls 3 dice. 2 skulls are rolled, the Bandit only has 1 Defense, the Bandit takes 1 wound.
    Bandit attacks Arthur with his 2 automatic skulls, because the Bandits Attack score is 2. Arthur rolls for 1 shield, Arthur takes 1 wound.
    Arthur attacks again and rolls only 1 skull. The Bandit takes no wounds because his Defense score is 1.
Please let me know what you think.

For each scenario, I will be going with themed enemies. So for example, the first scenario will likely be Bandits. I will be using Alastair, his Macdirks and the Aubriens. They're the only ones I thought "looked" like bandits.
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:54 PM

The "dark cards" are the worst, with the print fading into the background

But to MY eyes they all have the same problem - in that the background is so detailed that the words get "lost" in them

here is just an observation - please do not get offended by it as none is ment.

When I work on something like this I tend to get so caught up in making it "pretty" I sometimes forget that other people don't know the information on the cards "by heart" and things get "lost"

for MYSELF (and I only speak for myself) I prefer the word part of a card to be realitvly free of pics. a parchment look background graphic to make it look like a scroll is great - I don't have to try to "sift" the words out of the background.

For example on your Main Card (Adventurescape) note how much easier it is to read - Building an Adventurer as opposed to farther down the card under -Training

One is on a relatively plain background the other is "cluttered up" with faces and figures.

The pics that you are using are really nice - maybe make them the -back- of the card, with some smaller graphic on the front. Say a hand "Dripping with death" for the Necormancer. Or a Samurai helmet for the Samurai.

Again I only speak for myself and mean no offense - or you could post it with and without pics for us old "fuddy duddys" who can't see worth a lick.
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:

But to MY eyes they all have the same problem - in that the background is so detailed that the words get "lost" in them

When I work on something like this I tend to get so caught up in making it "pretty" I sometimes forget that other people don't know the information on the cards "by heart" and things get "lost"

for MYSELF (and I only speak for myself) I prefer the word part of a card to be realitvly free of pics. a parchment look background graphic to make it look like a scroll is great - I don't have to try to "sift" the words out of the background.

For example on your Main Card (Adventurescape) note how much easier it is to read - Building an Adventurer as opposed to farther down the card under -Training

One is on a relatively plain background the other is "cluttered up" with faces and figures.

The pics that you are using are really nice - maybe make them the -back- of the card, with some smaller graphic on the front. Say a hand "Dripping with death" for the Necormancer. Or a Samurai helmet for the Samurai.

Again I only speak for myself and mean no offense - or you could post it with and without pics for us old "fuddy duddys" who can't see worth a lick.
Offended? No. I appreciate any all feedback, negative and positive, constructive or obstructive. My main goal for this is to make it fun for EVERYONE. Your words have merit, and I will be taking them into great consideration. I've toned down the cards quite a bit, all of them and hopefully it helps. If it is still a bother. I will change them drastically and take the pictures in front and move them to another page so that they can be glued to the backs.

Thanks again, the new pictures will be posted soon.
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_
Quote:

Offended? No. I appreciate any all feedback, negative and positive, constructive or obstructive. My main goal for this is to make it fun for EVERYONE. Your words have merit, and I will be taking them into great consideration. I've toned down the cards quite a bit, all of them and hopefully it helps. If it is still a bother. I will change them drastically and take the pictures in front and move them to another page so that they can be glued to the backs.

Thanks again, the new pictures will be posted soon.
Thank you for your words - I know it is hard to take to heart anybody that "bashes" your "baby"

When I was making and selling Dollhouse Minitures it was the hardest lesson to learn - that someone else might just have a better or different way of doing something.

As a person who doesn't post much, this is doubly reasuring.

Ok - I admit it I don't PLAY much, as PLAY WITH all the little people and terrain.

As soon as I can find "mass quanitys" of table space I want to go back to running games again. And having the options of things like your AdventureScape will add to those games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions