Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 15th, 2022, 07:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Power Skrull (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The multi-attack and skull-tripling SA option overshadows the rest of what he does by a good bit. Much more fun and more potent than the other SA option.

Duplicitous Schemes is hard to draft around; I think I would have been better off ignoring it and just drafting him as a guy with a multi-attack SA. I'd consider losing the OM requirement, since the benefit is mild anyway and that'd let him work a little better with OM managers.
Circling back to this. Do you feel like it was the triple skull bit or just the multi-attack bit that makes it so much better of an option? Would just going down to double skulls help enough?
Kinda both? I consider 3 skulls a pretty good attack roll so having a coin flip at that, 3 times, feels strong.

I'd rather see the rest of the card brought up than the fun thing he does brought down; if you did nerf it, I'd just go down to 2 attacks of skull-tripling.

Quote:
While that would be nice on Duplicitous Schemes, part of the thing there was to have some tension between him and the Emperor. If you have some other way to do that, I'm all ears.
Maybe just a softer restriction, like an Avengers Hawkeye "while there is an Order Marker on this card" type thing? Still some tension with Dorrek, but it lets the power work in a lot more builds.

Like, you may not want to take it this far (I'm showing up a little late in the game), but an ideal version of this power, to me, would look like this:

Quote:
Instead of moving normally with Power Skrull, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may move a Skrull or Criminal figure you control.
Though maybe other people are finding the attack-swapping more attractive than I am - I don't think I ever used that aspect of the power because he's a pretty good attacker himself and I didn't want to get punished for a whiff.
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like having that option and it makes Klaw a good pairing with him as Klaw helps to mitigate that. I do kind of like the at least one OM on this card thing though.

Looking back at the results he seems fairly balanced but trending downwards. Current record is 4-7. I like him at 210 for the point pairing with Klaw though. Thoughts?

Alexandros has not submitted his results yet though so I will follow up with him as he said he'd get them in yesterday.

Last edited by Karat; February 17th, 2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:04 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Results from Alexandros bringing the Record to 6-7 but he didn't seem to have too much impact on that second game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros
Please forgive my occasional lack of apostrophe in a given Skrull's name.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Power Skrull

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Jack-Jack, Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Violet Parr, Dash Parr vs Power Skrull, Rl'nnd, Hulkling, Skrull Warriors x1
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Guardians of the Galaxy (Drax II, Rocket II, Groot (Baby), Star-Lord, Cosmo vs Power Skrull, Kl'rt, Rl'nnd, Hulkling, Skrull Infiltrators
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He seems strong, but not obscene. The special makes him feel very versatile and fairly easy to draft, and I think this will help boon Skrull armies quite a bit without breaking anything.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I liked him. It often felt strong to get him near the center of the map, then continue to make attacks with him while the Super Skrulls "ate" his movement. I never used the first part of his special attack, but I can definitely see instances where it would be useful.
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Now moves with Flying.

After chatting a bit with Ericth, How would we feel about this change to Duplicitous Schemes?
Quote:
DUPLICITOUS SCHEMES
Before taking a turn with Power Skrull, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may either move the chosen figure instead of moving normally with Power Skrull or attack with the chosen figure instead of attacking with Power Skrull. At the end of the turn, if the chosen figure attacked an opponent's figure but did not inflict a wound on that figure, roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.
The idea is to use Ronin's suggestion and to make it so you can use instead of an attack powers to get around the negative. Thoughts?

If we think it needs some additional testing I'm fine with that as it is a bit of a power boost as it lets him work decently well with figures that have instead of an attack powers but it is a limited pool since they also need to be a Criminal or Skrull.
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not worried. He is super niche currently.
Old February 18th, 2022, 10:37 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Re: The Book of Power Skrull (Vote for Final Editing)

Alright, SP updated with that wording. I propose we move to Final Editing.

He seems pretty break even on win/loss (6/7) and Ericth and I have been discussing possible directions for the rest of the Fearsome Foursome which will give Paibok some others to play well with.
Old February 18th, 2022, 10:44 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

How does Duplicitous Schemes work now? It mentions a chosen figure, but there’s no figure choosing process happening anymore.
Old February 18th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Whoops. Looks like I accidentally removed that when changing the wording. I just added the part back in where you choose a Skrull or Criminal.

The idea is that you either move or attack with Paibok but instead of attacking type powers would bypass the negative of the attack portion.
Old February 18th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Unique Hero that is a Criminal or Skrull.
Old February 18th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yea

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old February 18th, 2022, 11:24 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Would it change anything to do the power like this?
Quote:
DUPLICITOUS SCHEMES
Before taking a turn with Power Skrull, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Criminal or Skrull and either:
• move the chosen figure. If you do, Power Skrull may not move during his turn.
• attack with the chosen figure. If you do, Power Skrull may not attack during his turn. If the chosen figure makes an attack but does not inflict a wound, roll an unblockable attack die against it.
That second pip slightly changes the meaning in that it punishes double attackers more heavily, but I'm sure there's a way around that if double attacks are a desired effect here.

On the bit I highlighted in blue, how much would that affect playtesting to drop? Could be fun to give him some extra play with Infiltrators and Silencers.

I dunno, just some stray thoughts.
Old February 18th, 2022, 12:17 PM
Now moves with Flying.

I don't think all that much and would let him play nice with Infiltrators and Silencers.

I did wonder if bulleting it wouldn't be better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library