Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Spartacus

You know what? I think it's great that Rÿchean and Grungebob and two others have formed the "Rules Team". It really helps in cases like these to clear the air. Hmmm.... Rules Team comprised of 4 moderators... That's a squad! A Mod. Squad!!! LOL! A unique Mod. Squad!

Attack: Awesome, so you bes' watch yuself lest you done git banned.
Move: Dang right dey wills ifn youse don' pos' in da rite tred.
Defense: Theys don' needat, dawg. Didncha hear? Theys modraduz.
Range: Unlimited. Truly. Yo' backside ain't safe nowerez.

LOL, I'll let someone else fill in the rest.

P.S. Hey, maybe that is what Grungebob meant by "Steamroller Baby!"
The only way to make Spartacus competitive? Bond him with a unique Mod. Squad!
(No one will even dare to put up a fight unless they want to get banned.)

Last edited by Sarpedon; May 2nd, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
P.S. Hey, maybe that is what Grungebob meant by "Steamroller Baby!"
The only way to make Spartacus competitive? Bond him with a unique Mod. Squad!
(No one will even dare to put up a fight unless they want to get banned.)

Man, I've been away a while. Thanks, Sarpedon, for peaking my interest enough to post on this topic again.

First, thanks to everyone for the kind words, both here and in regards to the other strategy guides I contributed to. Nice to know that even a couple years down the road folks still check 'em out.

Now, to your point, that article was written when there wasn't a whole lot of thought given to tournament play by the vast bulk of the 'Scapers community. Truth be told (somebody run and grab him) I've never had much use for the tournaments because in my humble opinion the "metagame" strips the enjoyment, creativity, and a good deal of the fun out of this hodgepodge of a monstrosity that is Heroscape. When beating your opponent becomes more important than simply sitting down with friends or getting to know someone new the most essential element of the game has already been lost. Maybe I'm in the minority nowadays, but I sure hope not; I certainly understand the other p.o.v., I just don't subscribe to it.

So is ol' Spartacus competitive as I understand you to describe it? No...unless you count how awesome he was in last year's Gencon Heroes Only event, or how boss he'd be if the tournament is set up to disallow units with a range over 4, or any number of other perfectly reasonable scenarios that would disallow the overuse of the obviously "superior" units. Leaving all that aside, though, if your opponent beats you with an arseload of A+ units you haven't really gotten all that whupped. Now, if he stomps you into a hole with Spartacus, on the other hand...yeah, turn in your dice. This article was for all the folks that wanted to get started on brainstorming their own ways to do the latter.

Thanks again for reading, everyone. Play more heroscape!

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, this guide is going to need to be totally revamped after Wave 9. Looking forward to the new version featuring the Capuan Gladiators.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM

chickenchaser is surprisingly tart

Just took down a Q9 vydar army with ease. I was using:

Spartacus
Capun Gladiator
Crixus
Red Wyrmling x2
Deathreavers x2

Oponents team:

Q9
Laglor
Nakita Agents
Otonashi
Raelin 80pt

Basically the Deathreavers kept Q9 busy till the gladiators destroyed almost everything. And the Wyrmlings killed the Nakita agents. To top it off, I never Even sent Spartacus into battle, the only order marker I ever gave him was an X. And Crixus was still alive at the end too with one life left.
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Either you got lucky, your opponent sucked, or both. Q9's Queglix gun is a special attack and doesn't trigger scatter. Granted, the rats' 4 defense would hold up fairly well against his attack 3 attacks of 3 but not that well. And with only 1 squad of Glads? Hmm...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

The gladiators could take down raelin...Laglor...I could see Crixus taking him down and the wyrmlings take down the nakita agents. That leaves Q9 left so...I could see it...although it must have been a good game.

Creator of Nowdays.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles