Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Fedex's custom thread *Pontifex added 5-5-12*

I have decided to start making some customs again, since I have had a bunch of figures lying around just waiting to be converted to Heroscape!
And also my old thread was really cluttered and well, old!

In this new thread I will really focus on making balanced customs that fit properly into Heroscape and are balanced with other figures
*Newest custom (5-5-12):
Pontifex:

Figure:Sorrowsworn Reaper #35/40 - Savage Encounters D&D Miniatures
Pontifex was originally supposed to be Valkrill's Kyrie, but then as I was making him I sort of changed him to have more of a shark role rather than a cheerleader. The decapitate power is a great way to take out nagging heroes who just wont die. Plus it adds to his reaper theme.

Aethro:

Figure: Rockfire Dreadnought #29/40 - Savage Encounters D&D Miniatures
Aethro is meant to be sort of a replacement to Kurrok. While he may be somewhat overpowered along side Kurrok, he won't fit into many armies at a standard point value. On his own he is also pretty good with his special. His sculpt is also sweet, it has a sort of pink glow to it.

Efreet Fireblade:

Figure: Efreet Fireblade #14 Lords of Madness
Efreet is sort of a humanoid version of Brunak. He has a combination of warrior like powers, and really fits an interesting role. He is somewhat like an evil version of Tandros, and is also really fun to use.

Morig:

Figure: Bloodhulk Fighter #46 Deathknell D&D Miniatures DDM
Morig is that filler you pick when you really want to fill up your points. I often find I have 15 points left and then go with Isamu/Otonashi. With Morig, he doesn't do anything special although he can dish out some pain if he is used to clean up some weak melee figures.

(3-11-12)
Cernunnos:

Figure here: Goristro #24 Legendary Evils D&D Miniatures
This guy is a beast! He is really strong and tough to take down, and Rampage is a ton of fun. While he has a bit of benefit from wolves/Dumetef, it is somewhat hard to get a lot of use out of due to his play style. If anyone has every played GoW3, the Berzerker rampage is exactly what I picture this guy doing.

Zeus:

(card credit goes to awesomeunleashed)
Figure: Storm Titan #37 Legendary Evils D&D Miniatures
Zeus is also really powerful, but well fit for his points. The Thunderstorm
is a great risk/reward power and I really like it. Unfortunately due to a mix up with my shipment I couldn't actually get the figure, but I hope to soon.

(2-26-12):
Ayken:

Figure: Black Woods Dryad #14 Desert of Desolation D&D Miniatures DDM
Ayken really helps out the fragile Ullar with his Nature's blessing, and if you can get him next to some trees he himself is really powerful. Pair this guy up with some elves or vipers and you've got a great army!

(2-25-12):
Sedave Othren:

Figure:Kenku Sneak #56 Deathknell D&D Miniatures DDM
Sedave obviously plays a lot like Darrak, but I still like him. Backstab makes his 2 attack a lot better, if you can set it up. Also, he is actually a raven-person type guy which is why he has raven call!
Zanno:

Figure here: Marid #21 Unhallowed D&D Miniatures DDM
Zanno was an older custom, but I revamped him some and feel like he fits his role better. He guards the waters with his trident, and being a guard gets him movement bonus from the Warden. He is also Disciplined so he can assist the Sacred Band.
He fits well onto a double-space base.

Nahkriin (2-21-12):

(card credit goes to awesomeunleashed).
I LOVE this custom. The figure is amazing, and I really feel the powers fit him
well. He may be a bit overpowered, but that's what playtesting is for!
The figure is: Angel of Valor Legionnaire #3/40 - Savage Encounters D&D Miniatures

Here is an updated card of my favorite previous custom, Maug, who was approved by CHCG24 (I fixed a few typos and mad the card look more official).

Figure here: Maug #26 Blood War D&D Minatures DDM
Maug fits perfectly onto a double base, and I really fill he has a great theme for HS.

Here is another old custom, but now with modified stats and ability descriptions to avoid confusion and mis-interpretation:

Figure here: Psychic Sentinel #30 Legendary Evils D&D Miniatures
This figure fits well onto a large single base. (The kind DW9K has, although I think it would probably fit onto a regular single base too.)

More customs will be added soon, in addition to some remakes of older ones.

Comments and critiques are appreciated, and also if anyone feels like play-testing my customs that would be sweet!

Fedex

Last edited by Fedex worker; May 5th, 2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: new custom!
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:46 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fedex's NEW custom thread!

On Maug near the end of kick 14 it should say, the kicked figure, not the thrown figure. Other then that it looks like a really cool figure. Is He a single or doable space figure?
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fedex's NEW custom thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
On Maug near the end of kick 14 it should say, the kicked figure, not the thrown figure. Other then that it looks like a really cool figure. Is He a single or doable space figure?
Thanks for that, I fixed it. And he is double spaced.

Last edited by Fedex worker; February 21st, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:56 PM

Re: Fedex's custom thread! *NAHKRIIN 2-21-12*

Well here is my newest custom:
Spoiler Alert!

This guy is by far my current favorite, the figure is incredible and I feel the powers fit great.

One concern is that the card is too cluttered, as I didn't have enough space to fit everything I wanted. As you could see I sort of combined a searing intensity-esque ability with lava resistance into Inferno, which was originally 2 powers but didn't fit.

He also may be somewhat over powered, but we'll see.

I also updated Psionic Marauder's card a tiny bit to make him more worth his points.

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Last edited by Fedex worker; February 25th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nahkriin looks like he'd be fun to play. Rush him in, Cyprein-style, kill squaddies with inferno and blade fury, then fly away and burn somebody else when he gets threatened. I am confused about the "Angel" species, since 'scape already has kyrie as its angelic race. Other than that and the small font, the custom looks great. Oh, and by not having Lava Resistant, this guy is vulnerable to Fire Elementals btw.

What figure is that?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Nahkriin looks like he'd be fun to play. Rush him in, Cyprein-style, kill squaddies with inferno and blade fury, then fly away and burn somebody else when he gets threatened. I am confused about the "Angel" species, since 'scape already has kyrie as its angelic race. Other than that and the small font, the custom looks great. Oh, and by not having Lava Resistant, this guy is vulnerable to Fire Elementals btw.

What figure is that?
A Cyprien playing style is also what I envisioned, I sorted wanted a Drake-level figure here. And he is listed as Angel since that what his D&D figure is called, check the link in the OP for what the figure is. And about the fire elementals that might make him a little more balanced to not be immune to them. Thanks for the insight
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM

Btvs01 is surprisingly tart

I have to admit, when I saw "Nahkriin" I immediately thought Skyrim customs lol. But I still wasnt let down!

Buffy is the life! Life is the Buffy!
Shaniqua is mah idol!
Mah Customs!(Alot!)
Terrain Customs!: Zombie City Scape
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btvs01 View Post
I have to admit, when I saw "Nahkriin" I immediately thought Skyrim customs lol. But I still wasnt let down!
That's where I remember the name from lol! My friend was playing it and mentioned the name. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but Skyrim is a great game!

Back on topic, awesomeunleashed remade Nahkriin's card for me, and I really like the new look!:
Spoiler Alert!

Along with this, I also have 2 new customs to show:
Spoiler Alert!

Please comment and give me any feedback!

Last edited by Fedex worker; February 25th, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Zanno looks to be pretty sweet on a watery map, though that 95 point cost is a little weird. Sedave's card has a couple of typos (opponent's figures; a comma at the end instead of a period). I'd give him Disengage and bump him to 70, comparing to Darrak.

Old February 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Zanno looks to be pretty sweet on a watery map, though that 95 point cost is a little weird. Sedave's card has a couple of typos (opponent's figures; a comma at the end instead of a period). I'd give him Disengage and bump him to 70, comparing to Darrak.
Well I fixed the typos and added disengage, but I almost feel like 60 points would be better since 70 is a bit high. Compared to Darrak he has 1 more defense and 2 less base attack, but then with the special Darrak has +2 dice giving him a max 5 skulls and Sedave a max 4 skulls (on even ground). Darrak also has both his specials and compared to Sedave's, I feel like Raven Call outweighs the Disarm Trap but Hide in Darkness outweighs disengage. This makes them pretty even. Anyway, here is the card as is:
Spoiler Alert!

(I also updated the OP and previous post with the newer version)
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:47 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fedex's custom thread! *Sedave Othren+Zanno 2-25-12*

Not much of a custom guy myself, so i don't really know about feedback, but IMHO these are great! But you don't have to go by the species listed. You could take a spider mini and make his species soulborg, just make it fit in with the official canon.I think changing Nahkriin to Kyrie would be better.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM

Re: Fedex's custom thread! *Sedave Othren+Zanno 2-25-12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Not much of a custom guy myself, so i don't really know about feedback, but IMHO these are great! But you don't have to go by the species listed. You could take a spider mini and make his species soulborg, just make it fit in with the official canon.I think changing Nahkriin to Kyrie would be better.
Well y'know I was going to do that, but that creates some problems. For example, he now gains an extra move from Atlaga (and probably 1 or 2 other benefits) which I think would make him a bit overpowered. Not all of my cards are exactly what is on the D&D figures, but I mean I label the race as what they are.

AND... it looks like Sedave will have to stay at 70 points because for some reason the .xcf file of my card no longer has any of the layers on it so I can't edit him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards