Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 17th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Batwoman

Yeah, probably. I think defensive powers normally go at the bottom.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Should Surgical Strike be before Bulletproof Suit here?
Probably, but it's terribly inconsistent, I think. It's something like two-thirds of defensive powers come last. I (and I don't think I'm the only one) see defensive powers as passive powers that would go at the top of the card, but the general rule is that they're defense-related, and so go last according to the order of the stats.

Anyway, updating now with revised order. Which means we'll need an update from japes.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 17th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. Not a huge concern, but it seemed worth mentioning.
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:08 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good to go.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 09:45 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Great design TrollBrute! I really love this character, and I think the design captures her well. My only problem is this part of her bio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to deny the allegation of being a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly.
I know you didn't intend it this was, but saying ALLEGATION of being a lesbian, it makes it seem a bit negative. Alone, that wouldn't be bad. The military did view it as a bad thing for a long time before Obama repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell.

The problem is that the sentence uses two negative words to describe her actions as well. By saying both REFUSING and DENY it makes the implication seem to be that it wasn't the military at fault for being homophobic, the problem is that she didn't just lie and say that she was straight.

I know that this isn't a big deal overall, but between this, and the fact that neither Scandal Savage or Knockout's bios mention the fact that they are married, or the fact that both of them are polyamorous (and in a relationship with another woman) it doesn't make C3G look very supportive of non-heterosexual love. I only bring this up because I, as a Bi person, think it's important, and I don't want any other LGBT Scapers to be hesitant to get involved with the community because they thought it wouldn't be inclusive enough.

If you chose to correct it, I'd go with something like this.

After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie when outed as a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly.

This way it shifts fault away from her and paints her superiors as well as the person who outed her in a negative light; specifically by saying that she was outed rather than calling it an allegation.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Great thoughts, thanks! I definitely want to be inclusive here. I actually struggled with that sentence to get it just right, but I clearly didn't. My use of allegation was intended to point out that the military was willing to kick her out just because of an accusation, and Kate was not willing to hide who she was. But I can see where the word allegation is problematic be cause it carries a negative connotation. How does 'for refusing to lie about her sexual orientation' sound to you?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:43 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

That sounds great to me! Glad to see that you're okay with change! I get what you were going for, but I immediately thought that someone else might not see it that way, so I really want to avoid making anyone feel left out of this community.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 24th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Great thoughts, thanks! I definitely want to be inclusive here. I actually struggled with that sentence to get it just right, but I clearly didn't. My use of allegation was intended to point out that the military was willing to kick her out just because of an accusation, and Kate was not willing to hide who she was. But I can see where the word allegation is problematic be cause it carries a negative connotation. How does 'for refusing to lie about her sexual orientation' sound to you?
Sounds good to me! As a gay woman myself, I really appreciate you putting thought into being inclusive with this. My only other suggestion would be that maybe it's worth specifically referring to the Don't Ask Don't Tell Law, especially since it's no longer in affect and is hopefully the sort of thing that'll be long gone in a decade or so.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Thanks for catching us on this, laughing matter! I'm a gay man, so inclusiveness is important to me too; still, I missed that reading when I skimmed the bio during Final Editing. Glad you caught it and spoke up!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 24th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Sounds good to me! As a gay woman myself, I really appreciate you putting thought into being inclusive with this. My only other suggestion would be that maybe it's worth specifically referring to the Don't Ask Don't Tell Law, especially since it's no longer in affect and is hopefully the sort of thing that'll be long gone in a decade or so.
True, it would be good to mention the specific antiquated rule that got one of their best students kicked out. Maybe even mention that despite getting the option to return after that rule was repealed, she found a new war to fight on crime and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Thanks for catching us on this, laughing matter! I'm a gay man, so inclusiveness is important to me too; still, I missed that reading when I skimmed the bio during Final Editing. Glad you caught it and spoke up!

I probably only caught it because I'm currently an English major. I'm thinking of switching to political science with a minor in English or creative writing so that I can get into politics and keep laws like this from coming into effect again. This last election has just gotten me really interested in (and frustrated with) the whole process.

Old April 24th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Never Forgets

@TrollBrute I think this bio should work, and it uses the helpful suggestions from the comments above.

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality. Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly. Until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite having being allowed to return to the Armed Forces after Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.

Old April 24th, 2017, 05:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
@TrollBrute I think this bio should work, and it uses the helpful suggestions from the comments above.

Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie, under the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy, about her sexuality. Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly. Until a chance meeting with Batman and the sight of the Bat-Signal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite having being allowed to return to the Armed Forces after Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.
I personally think this is a very well written bio that hits the highlights.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library