Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 3rd, 2016, 11:51 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Constructed & Summoned Destructible Objects: Proposed Rules

I've been thinking about creating some rules for new types of Destructible Objects. The Heroscape ruleset is OK for objects that just sit there. But what if you want a machine gun nest that your units can use, or a siege engine? What if you want your wizards to summon a magical gate, or an aura-emitting pyramid of power?

The essential problem is that having a DO that is beneficial to your army means that it should have a cost. But there's no mechanism for "drafting" DOs. You can create a unit like the Marro Hive, for instance, but that has a whole bunch of special rules. I wanted something more universal and modular.

My proposed solution is to create two sub-types of Destructible Objects: Constructed and Summoned. A Constructed Destructible Object (CDO) is a piece of machinery that your figures can use. A Summoned Destructible Object (SDO) is a magical construct summoned onto the battlefield by one of your magic users.

Essentially both types follow the same rules as DOs, except that they have a cost and you draft them into your army. Since they don't take OMs, they have (optional) mechanisms for movement and attack that require an Operator (for CDOs) or a Summoner (for SDOs). Operators and Summoners are defined on the card, and you can't draft that card unless you also have the required Operator or Summoner. There's a mechanic for the "capture" of a CDO by an opponent's Operator, if you want to build that in. ("Take that cannon, soldier!")

Below are the proposed rules and templates for SDOs and CDOs. Let me know if you have suggestions or if I've overlooked any loopholes.

Summoned Destructible Objects (SDO)

An SDO is a magical object brought onto the battlefield by a magic user.

Like a Destructible Object, an SDO never takes Order Markers, follows no General, never makes attacks or leaving engagement attacks, has height but not size, and has a move, range, and attack of zero. Powers that reference destructible objects also affect SDOs. Adjacent figures are not engaged with a SDO. Figures may not move through an SDO.

Unlike Destructible Objects, an SDO has a cost and is drafted into your Army. Once placed on the battlefield, an SDO's Army Card is under your control, and you may use special powers on its card.

Summoning an SDO
Each SDO has a "Summoner" Class (or Classes) listed on the left side of the card. To draft a SDO, you must have a Hero of this class in your army. A SDO never begins the game on the battlefield. Instead of taking a turn with a Hero of its Summoner class, you may place the Object onto a previously empty space adjacent to that figure. (Summoner Classes should be among Heroscape's magic users: Arachnomancer, Archmage, Battle Mage, Cleric, Druid, Magician, Planeswalker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Sorceress, Witch, Wizard, etc.)

Generally, SDOs have a life of 1.

The following powers are typical, but optional:

Summoner's Will
At the end of each round, if this object is on the battlefield, you must roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, you must either place a wound marker on this card, or on the Army Card of a [Summoner] you control.

Magic Defense
This object adds one shield when defending against any attack. A [Summoner] is not affected by Magic Defense.

Example:

Bigby's Water Fist
Summoned Destructible Object
Summoner: Wizard OR Sorcerer
Life 1 Defense 3
Cost: 10 points

Watery Object
This object must be summoned onto a water or swamp water space. If Bigby's Water Fist is placed on a non-water space, it is immediately destroyed.

Grasping Fist
All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Bigby's Water Fist cannot move, and are considered to be engaged with Bigby's Water Fist. Figures affected by Grasping Fist cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph.

Summoner's Will
At the end of each round, if this object is on the battlefield, you must roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, you must either destroy this Bigby's Water Fist, or place one wound marker on the Army Card of a Summoner you control.

Template:
Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------

Constructed Destructible Objects (CDO)

Constructed Destructible Object rules
Like a Destructible Object, a CDO never takes Order Markers, follows no General, never makes attacks or leaving engagement attacks, has height but not size, and has a move, range, and attack of zero. Powers that reference destructible objects also affect CDOs. Adjacent figures are not engaged with a CDO. Figures may not move through a CDO.

Unlike Destructible Objects, a CDO has a cost and is drafted into your Army. It is placed like any other figure in your Army.

Operating a CDO
Each CDO has one or more "Operators" listed on the left side of the card. Operators can be defined by any combination of standard Heroscape attributes. For example, a CDO might have "Dwarf," "Medium Tricky," "Agent OR Soldier," "Scientist Hero," etc. To draft a CDO, you must have a Operator unit in your army. The presence of an adjacent Operator is usually required to take advantage of a CDO's special powers.

Generally, CDOs have multiple lives.

The following powers are typical, but optional:

Relinquish Control
At the end of the round, if none of your Operator figures are adjacent to this object, and any other Operator figures are adjacent to that object, you must choose one of those figures. Give this card to the player who controls that figure. That player now controls this Army Card.

Operator Movement
Once per turn, you may choose an adjacent Operator figure you control. After moving the chosen figure normally, you may move this object up to X spaces. This object must end its Move adjacent to the chosen figure. An object moved by Operator Movement never takes leaving engagement attacks.

_________ Special Attack.
After taking a turn with an Operator, if at least [1] of those figures adjacent to this object did not make a normal attack, you may take an immediate turn with this object to use _________ Special Attack.

OR

_________ Attack
Once per turn, instead of making its normal attack, an adjacent Operator may make a normal attack with Range X and Attack X.

Ruleset on card:
Spoiler Alert!

TARDIS as CDO:
Spoiler Alert!

PM me for the template in Photoshop / PSD format.

Last edited by IshMEL; April 4th, 2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added template link for CDO.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 12:24 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Constructed & Summoned Destructible Objects: Proposed Ru

I really like these rules. Our customs team has been trying to figure out rules for this Cannon set from Confrontation. We might have to steal .. I mean borrow this set : )

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-grfr01.html

And I like how you put the rules into an Army Card for easy reference!
Old December 3rd, 2016, 12:45 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks! I just added the link for the CDO template in Photoshop format, should you wish to use it. Working on the SDO one.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 02:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As far as summoned things C3G has the constructs for the Green Lanterns. Things like Shields and such. May serve as inspiration for you if nothing else.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 02:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Awhile back Hoss created some destructible object rules for manned turrets and bacta tanks to heal heroes. The rule set is quite good and can be carried over for other types of guns and turrets, catapults and what not. I have implemented those rules and adjusted them to have your character that is adjacent to the turret reveal an order marker and instead use the turret instead of its regular turn. I like these types of ideas, they really add to the game. However, these rules are for turrets that pretty much any unit can use not just your army. I think its in this link to this HOSS rule book.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4200

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 9th, 2016, 11:27 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great ideas! We may borrow from you and those of others linked here for our cannon brainstorm for the NWHC, as obfuscatedhippo mentioned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards