Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 18th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart
Re: Background music for Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Just a suggestion, and people who have played Advance Wars will relate to this: Each player chooses a theme song. Every time they take a turn after revealing an order marker, the song plays, then switches to the next player's song.
I imagine Front Mission music would work as well. Square Enix did an amazing job for that game (the DS port).
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:39 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
Quote:
I've been thinking about playing "Carol of the Bells" (that might not be what it's officially called, though) by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Yes, it is Christmas music, but it just sounds like it could work as background music for 'scape.
My school orchestra is playing that exact song, an un-arranged version too. It's pretty awesome.

I don't really listen to background music while playing scape, but does anybody else think that the Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtracks would work well with Heroscape? They are kind of the same idea, all the different characters from the Nintendo universe fighting one another. Plus the music in that game is just sick. *ahem*final destination*ahem*
Is there any chance a video of that could end up on YouTube? I'd love to see TSO's version performed by an orchestra that isn't TSO....

And I never thought about using Super Smash Bros. Brawl music. That's another idea I'll have to try. The theme is just amazing.
I am sure there will be some video of it... whether it is good quality or not depends. If there is I will give you the link.

EDIT: The piece you're reffering to is Christmas Eve Sarajevo, correct?

Last edited by Wonderball68; November 19th, 2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Nightwish. They are a Symphonic Rock band and they are amazing! They have epic 10 minute scores!
Old November 19th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

originally posted by nate the dawg
Quote:
I find that putting Master of Puppets (the album, not the specific track) on repeat makes any game more enjoyable.
Word nate... I also enjoy Ride the Lightning and Kill 'em All
cue up Damage Inc. and roll the bones... peace

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 19th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been thinking about playing "Carol of the Bells" (that might not be what it's officially called, though) by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Yes, it is Christmas music, but it just sounds like it could work as background music for 'scape.
My school orchestra is playing that exact song, an un-arranged version too. It's pretty awesome.

I don't really listen to background music while playing scape, but does anybody else think that the Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtracks would work well with Heroscape? They are kind of the same idea, all the different characters from the Nintendo universe fighting one another. Plus the music in that game is just sick. *ahem*final destination*ahem*
Is there any chance a video of that could end up on YouTube? I'd love to see TSO's version performed by an orchestra that isn't TSO....

And I never thought about using Super Smash Bros. Brawl music. That's another idea I'll have to try. The theme is just amazing.
I am sure there will be some video of it... whether it is good quality or not depends. If there is I will give you the link.

EDIT: The piece you're reffering to is Christmas Eve Sarajevo, correct?
I most definitely am referring to Christmas Eve Sarajevo. I could listen to that same song over and over for hours (which I did last Saturday).
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Anime soundtracks to Inu Yasha and Rouroni Kenshin work particularly well.
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you are playing Kyrie, especially Sentinels and Raelin, Ride of the Valkyries.

If you are playing Heavy or Blade Gruts, I'd play Kid Rock Bawitdaba.

For a Marro hord, I'd go with RATM's Killing in the Name.

When I play 4th Mass, I think of Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory.

I guess just play what feels right.
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ike's Theme from Radiant Dawn is an amazing war song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EUdIMV1-HI

And for battle against Cyprien or other unworthy beasts of the night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKUJZp4Kuc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59F0...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5OvI...eature=related

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Last edited by Majora's Incarnation; November 20th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM

Utgars_General is surprisingly tart

You guys are all doing it wrong! You listen to Craig Armstrong-Escape.

You don't get music any more epic than that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtDe03HzOEw

My Customs Last Updated: June 9th, 2011
-Now with space-and-time saving organization, and 'Nids!
Old February 16th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

I couldn't help but see this thread and show you a great backround song for heroscape.
it's a good video to go with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4e8Dk2TRag

This is a calf The best heroscape player ever in the world

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49181
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:04 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just stick to this

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Highly Defensive, (Almost) No Life

Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker

I imagine these would be good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_cwHnQ7Xsg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQbOAEP-vgM
And this one just makes it fell more serious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbTPneuSaQY

I got mugged by Valkrill.
Good traders: Siver_guy and boromir96.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion