Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Titanium Man - Design Phase

SP updated

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Mini pix:

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from David:

Quote:
Titanium Man

I just finished my second Walkthrough on Mage Knight Board Game. Loads of stuff to remember, but I’m loving it so far. Will I love Titanium Man? Let’s Giggity!

Cloaking System

Pretty sneaky. Batman (Terry) has a Stealth Mode that’s similar, but that is based on a revealed Order Marker. This stipulates any turn, even through bonding. This is a bit of a thematic improvement.

I wonder if Titanium Man stole this from the Romulans?

Tractor Beam

Speaking of Star Trek

Due to the ruling that a Move of 0 is still a Move, perhaps this should say “Instead of moving and before attacking…” Too late… Spider-Man already has similar wording. I think the wording is clear as written, so I’m not going to cater to the rules lawyers on this one.

Spider-Man’s Web Slinger is wicked fun, so I know this is a winner. Yes, I’m still grinning madly at the Star Trek reference. I wonder if Spider-Man is a Tholian?

Magnetic Flux Rings

I wonder if the latter part would read better as, “the figure may not be moved using a special power or a glyph.” (or: “the figure may not be moved.” per Jean Grey’s wording) That depends on if you don't want the figure to move at all, or you want to allow normal movement without the use of any powers.

Another possible issue the wording presents is from “special power on its card”. Example: Jean Grey uses Telekinesis to move Cyclops, who is within 4 spaces. The opponent begins to move Cyclops using Jean Grey’s ability, but Magnetic Flux Rings states that Cyclops can’t use a special ability on his card, not Jean Grey’s. Then again, this might be intentional.

Final Thoughts

I do like the design. Tractor Beam is going to be fun, particularly when using knockback rules. Sorry about the confusion over Magnetic Flux Rings, but the current wording seems to leave some openings for certain types of movement not intended.

Live long and prosper!

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from 1Mmirg:

Quote:
Wow, very fun design. I know almost nothing about this guy (and neither does the Marvel Wiki, it appears). But the powers look quite fun. I'll trust you that they are thematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Gentlemen, here's Titanium Man for ERB.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Hahma

Quote:
NAME = TITANIUM MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = BORIS BULLSKI
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENES = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = MERCILESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 240?

CLOAKING SYSTEM
If Titanium Man has not taken a turn this round, he cannot be targeted by opponent's non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

[Very cool power. If it's been used before, I'm not recalling it, so I'm going to give you kudos for it: This is a solid, thematic way to represent a cloaking system--nice, very nice.]

TRACTOR BEAM
If Titanium Man did not move this turn, before attacking, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Titanium Man. Place the chosen figure adjacent to Titanium Man. If Titanium man attacks the chosen figure this turn, the chosen figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice. Figures moved by Tractor Beam will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

[Fascinating. I worry a bit about him standing next to a lava pool, that kind of thing, but the power seems quite solid. Glad it's limited by not moving.

Not sure he needs to reduce the defense by 2, that seems a bit harsh--I'm assuming he's going to be putting them lower or otherwise messing with them plenty with this power--I'd suggest 1 being enough. Unless, of course, this power shows up in the comics a being a full-on paralyzing power.]

MAGNETIC FLUX RINGS
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure they control within 4 clear sight spaces of Titanium Man, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, the figure may not use a special power on its card or glyph to move this turn.

[Hard to word this one, but I like what you're doing. You might consider:

If you roll 8 or higher, the figure may not use a special power on its card or glyph when moving this turn.

Or

If you roll 8 or higher, the figure may not use a special power on its card or glyph in order to move this turn.

Or

If you roll 8 or higher, the figure may not use a special power on its card or glyph while moving this turn.

But I trust the C3G Heroes to be able to iron out the best phrasing. Just some thoughts to consider.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

After reading this guy, I'm curious. I'll need to learn more about him. Sounds really fun!

All best, V

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

David remembered Web Slinger and how Tractor Beam compared and I mentioned it to 1Mmirg for him to know that there's precedence for that power and the -2 to defense. It's not always easy to pull off and he's a single attacker, so while it can be nasty, it can be situational and besides, he needs something to give him a little umph and different from the Iron Man units. Range of 4 will allow many ranged figures to blast him from beyond that range.

I'm sure the wording for the last sentence of Magnetic Flux Rings could use some fine tuning. I explained the theme of it to David, so he knows now that it's not to stop them from being moved by others like JG's throw, nor totally stop their movement. It just messes with concentration or electronics or whatever to possibly keep a unit from moving a certain way that turn.

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don't know why I didn't say this before, but I think Tractor Bean should only be minus 1 defense. I know it's supposed to represent them fumbling trying to figure out what happened, but I think that Web Slinger should have more of a defense reduction because they are stuck with Web.

I'm no good at wording usually so I'll let Griffin, Bats or SirG help you there.
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Couldn't be that like the web, they are stuck in the beam he's using with one hand while he's smacks the snot out of the with the other?

I have all but 1 army test done with him with the -2 for Tractor Beam.

He beat Green Goblin twice (230)
Split against Blade (230)
Split against Submariner (250)
Lost twice vs. Iron Man (Hasbro) (240)
Won twice (with 3 wounds both times) vs. Iron Man (250)

Lost to Parademons x 3 with 3 of 6 surviving

Lost to Lex Corps Security X 2 with 2 of 4 LCS surviving

Army Test 1 with Titanium Man and C3G Abomination vs. Superman and Batman. Abomination survived with 4 wounds. TM put 2 wounds on Batman after Tractor Beaming him and Bats missed ES. TM missed Superman after Tractor Beaming him with a 3/3 attack. TM only put 2 wounds on Bats for the whole game while Abomination did all the rest of the damage with 2 auto throw wounds on Supes and 1 auto throw wound on Bats.

He's a single attacker with no special attack, no special defense other than a situational Cloaking System and Magnetic Flux Rings. Tractor Beam isn't always easy to set up and unlike Spider-Man, TM can't use Webswing to leave engagement w/o attack. So once TM is engaged, he can't use Tractor Beam again unless there's another opponent close by.

Old March 8th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So maybe 240 thus far? I say keep that -2 because he needs it! I'd hate to see his cost go under 230.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 8th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Fair enough. It was just a suggestion. You justified the current design so I see no reason to tweak that. Just something I wanted to get off my chest.
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

I understand Tickle and there's nothing wrong with you bringing that up. I had just figured from the get go that being caught in a tractor beam you are kind of helpless like in a web. Like Bats said, he needs it. He's only a single attacker and can roll bad defense to go down quick with bad defense rolls like Iron Man/Men, so w/o double attacks or special attack, this give him a better chance of dishing out some big damage once in awhile. It also is more of a threat to force the opponent to think twice about positioning. A -1 isn't really nearly as scary and not so much a deterrent for many units.

Old March 10th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT TITANIUM MAN

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS-

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
PASS – Possible with future Mercenaries

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS-

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS –

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS – .Even if he doesn't get to use a certain power, the threat of a power like Tractor Beam or Magnetic Flux Rings can alter placement of their figures, which can be helpful to Titanium Man's team.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS -. There is certainly strategy in trying to set up Tractor Beam. Also, getting into position to affect opponent's with MFR is neat too. Placement and OM use on Titanium Man can affect how well Cloaking System works to not allow ranged attacks on him or force opponent's to engage him to attack.

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 240
- Give a brief overview. .Titanium Man was able to use all his powers, but at various times and not in every HH test. Cloaking System forced Iron Man to engage him on 1st turn of a round, but that was it and it will likely be more useful in army tests to either lure enemies to him or force them to attack others. Tractor Beam was useful but opponents can bypass it at times. Magnetic Flux Rings also helped at times. He's only got 4 lives, so bad defense rolls will cost him, especially against multiple attackers. When he can get Tractor Beam to work, it's pretty cool. He does have a nice normal ranged attack of 5, but only a single attack and range of 5 helps keep it from being too nasty with range of 6.

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .YES
- What should be the unit's point value? 230-240
- Give a brief overview. .With only 4 lives, a single attacker can't do too much when getting auto wounds from these Parademons who had some good rolls.

Map: . The Broken Skyline
Units: Titanium Man vs. Parademon Shock Troop x 2 (240 points).

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 240
- Give a brief overview. . While Lex Corps Security aren't worth as much without a Criminal to bond with, they are still pretty good against a single normal attacker like Titanium Man. LCS have great defense to thwart Titanium Man and have a good enough attack to chip away at TM.
Map: . The Broken Skyline .
Units: Titanim Man vs. Lex Corps Security x 2 (260) .

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No?.YES
- What should be the unit's point value? .240
- Give a brief overview... Titanium Man was able to Tractor Beam Bats and Supes down from the central tower, but only put 2 wounds on Bats. It did help to get them down so Abom could get at them without having to lose attack dice from leaping.
Map: The Broken Skyline
Units: . Titanium Man (240) and Abomination (360) C3G for 600 points vs. Superman (400) and Batman (200) for 600 points.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
What should be the unit's point value? .240
Give a brief overview. .Titanium Man had a more active role in this game as he went toe to toe with Iron Man for the most part but affected Iron Man and Iron Fist with Magnetic Flux Rings and scared them into less then ideal positions so they could avoid being within 4 clear sight spaces and get Tractor Beamed. Cloaking System kept him from being attacked by Iron Man from a position IM wanted to keep, so he'd have to give that up to move down and adjacent to TM to attack but left vulnerable to other things, so he stayed put and attacked someone else.

Map: .The Broken Skyline
Units: .Titanium Man (240) HYDRA Agents x 3 (240) Red Skull (220) Baron von Strucker (210) Hawkeye II (160) and Skrull Infiltrators x 3 (30) for 1,100 points vs. Luke Cage (190) Iron Fist (260) Iron Man (250) Spidey (250) and Moon Knight (150) for 1,100 points.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Hahma; March 10th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

I'll link to OP and complete the test sheet after I get my kids some breakfast. So get off my back

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library