Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old April 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Auggies Games…announcing “5 Minute Scape” UPDATED on 4/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I see that Auggie's now has WATER and DUNGEON mats available for purchase, in addition to the grass. Thumbs-up.
I think someone should host another map contest with these new mats.

Old April 5th, 2012, 06:58 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Auggies Games…announcing “5 Minute Scape” UPDATED on 3/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Don't you think Dungeon would be better than Shadow? It seems Kinda Unrealistic just to have this GIANT pool of Shadow
I made the Dungeon map a bit dark (but not black) so I think it could be used either way. Just decide at the start and build from there.
.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I see that Auggie's now has WATER and DUNGEON mats available for purchase, in addition to the grass. Thumbs-up.
I plan on sponsoring one soon . What do you guys think would be optimum size, 3 x 2 or 3 x 3? The 3 x 2's seem to be selling more then 3 x 3's but it's a little early to tell at this point for sure.
......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

2x3 seems more like the size of most BoV maps.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:25 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

What are the exact usable hex dimensions for length and width for all 3 sizes? Note that one dirrection each row will be the same, while another direction, depending on how you cut it, it will either alternate between two row sizes or be the same. Also, which direction is the length of of the full mat. HQ close up pictures would help.

I will most likely buy the dungoun/shadow and convert my newest lexan map into it.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm thinking about buying one for the quick map set up option it provides. Having the base layer ready to go and just building up seems like a big time saver. I'd like to know a bit more before I make the purchase though.

Do they roll up for storage or are they something that should remain flat when stored?

Can I see a pic of a 3x2 and/or 3x3 mat where all the edges are visible? I'd like to see exactly how the hex pattern ends on each edge.

If you continue building the map off of an edge (ie. a valley created by the mat surrounded by mountains that extend off the mat), does the mat not being under those sections cause problems? Or does the size of mat you buy limit the size of any board you build to those dimensions?

Although I have not seen the edges yet, I assume they will contain partial hexes. If I wanted to further trim the mat edges so that they followed the hex pattern exactly, how hard is it to cut the mat?
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm thinking about buying one for the quick map set up option it provides. Having the base layer ready to go and just building up seems like a big time saver. I'd like to know a bit more before I make the purchase though.

Do they roll up for storage or are they something that should remain flat when stored?

Can I see a pic of a 3x2 and/or 3x3 mat where all the edges are visible? I'd like to see exactly how the hex pattern ends on each edge.

If you continue building the map off of an edge (ie. a valley created by the mat surrounded by mountains that extend off the mat), does the mat not being under those sections cause problems? Or does the size of mat you buy limit the size of any board you build to those dimensions?

Although I have not seen the edges yet, I assume they will contain partial hexes. If I wanted to further trim the mat edges so that they followed the hex pattern exactly, how hard is it to cut the mat?

OK, answering questions.

First, they Hex pattern is just a TAD off (slightly larger) which actually helps in lining everything up. If you have one very long piece though it becomes more noticeable as the effect is compounded. I'll try and get pics to illustrate this early next week (I'm heading out of town to take the kids to see grandma early tomorrow).

They are definitely best kept rolled up and there should be no problems there. They roll and unroll easily. The material is vinyl similar in nature to what most banners signs are made out of.

I'll be happy to show each map in it's entirety but the hex pattern (for 3x2 and 3x3) may vary from mat to mat depending on where we make the cut.

The maps are not thick so there is no issue building off to the sides of it. You can trim these with any sharp box cutter or exacto knife and while I haven't tried scissors I assume they would work fine as well. We just use a straight edge and razor box cutter.

.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sounds good. If it is easy to build off the edge of and easy to trim then don't worry about the pics. I think I'll order one. Before I do though, do you have any new colors coming out soon? I may hold off until one of them comes out depending on the color. Not sure what base color I want yet as I'll most likely only get one since I own tons of terrain already.

I would particularly be interested in one that would work as a good base level for a city style landscape. Was thinking the dungeon one might fit the bill as blacktop.

Also wanted to mention that someone on here made a similar styled item that had a sky backdrop with clouds. He used it to make some cool looking floating island boards. I'd be very tempted to pick something like that up, although I'm not sure how well it would sell to a wider audience. I'll see if I can find the thread and link it so you can see what I mean.

*edit*
I thought there was a thread with several sky maps but I can't seem to find it. All I could find was the discussion about sky boards in this thread.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...le+mats&page=2

Pic found on the bottom of page 2.

Last edited by Yodaking; April 5th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are a few cool mats,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38818
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...82&postcount=4
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...8&postcount=24

Edit: the link to the sky mat is right up here^ (along with a few other cool ones)

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; April 5th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks Boromir! The first link is the one I was thinking of.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
I plan on sponsoring one soon .
Awesome.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:25 AM

Yeah, I'm digging the SKY. I was also thinking of a Volcano base. Iv'e worked out a deal with my printer that he's giving me the volume discount in much smaller batches since the patterns are on file and there is no "set up" time. I simply just tell him which ones and I get them in a couple of days. The quantity is still great enough though that I can't just do some for one person but if I feel I can sell x10 of each I can basically do whatever I want.

What else would everyone want to see so far theirs
Volcano
SKY
Swamp
Ice sheet?

Oh, one final thought. I'm thinking of further breaking them down into 1' x 1' s. There won't be many hexes on each though (something like 36) but I could do them for about $4 each. This would be good for multiple different mats to be spaced out (a couple could be use for grass and a water one would make a great lake in the middle, ect...). This also helps mitigate the compounding effect large continuous terrain structures have of getting unaligned. What do ya'll think of that idea?

.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales