Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of The Marro Dividers

I played a game nearly a week ago (before going on a long vacation with no internet, and thus unable to post in that time) and played with the Dividers. The game was played on a home-made map with some jungle brush, with one random glyph to the far right of each players' starting zones.

My army:

Tul-Bak-Ra 130
4x Dividers 330
3x Stingers 510

Opponents army:

Migol Ironwill 110
2x Axegrinders 250
Brave Arrow 300
3x Mohicans 510

Even though there were other Wave 9 units being used in this game, I'll focus mainly on the performance of the Dividers.

The Dividers did very well. At the beginning of the game, I used them as a blocker for my Stingers, which was effective. In the middle of the game I sent Tul-Bak-Ra into the enemy starting zone. Knowing when to teleport Tul-Bak-Ra into enemy lines is very important, because sending him into a full starting zone will leave him surrounded, and unable to teleport Dividers in. Anyway, I send Tul-Bak-Ra into the enemy starting zone, and he kills an adjacent Mohican. The next turn, he gets two wounds from the Mohicans, and two Dividers show up to reek havoc. The Dividers were everywhere now. It was about this time that I secured the glyph to my far right, and it was the Glyph of Gerda (+1 defense), much to the dismay of my opponent. A few turns later I secured my opponents glyph, and it was the Glyph of Lodin (+1 for D20 rolls). The +1 for the rolls of Cell Divide makes a huge difference, and from the middle to the end of the game, I rolled a few 16's for it. At the end of the game, I had 5 Dividers and 6 Stingers on the field, and not a Dwarf or Mohican in sight.

My experience with the Dividers has been a positive one. They are good blockers, and have enough attack to clear the way and position themselves better. Their only flaw is the need to draft 3+ squads of them, because Cell Divide does not work frequently, and there will be a few dead Dividers when it actually works.

After this game, the Dividers have become one of my favorite squads.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

Brownsfan82 recently had a successful run with the Dividers:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...1&postcount=81. After the championship match, in which he defeated me, he told us how he planned to use the Dividers as a glyph grabbing force, and, if I recall correctly, as a screen for his dragons. In the championship match, the dragons weren't as much as a threat as the Dividers, because most of my attention was on the dragons, and because of that, the Dividers took out more than their share of Knights. Although Cell Divide didn't work for him that game (a lot of 16's rolled) they did their job of holding some Knights down, and holding a glyph. In the other games he played in, I don't know how well the Dividers performed, but they must've done well if he placed first.

Playing with or against these little guys, I love 'em all the same.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I assume that Cell Divide doesn't work against special powers such as Poisonous Acid Breath, Dragon Swoop, Marro Plague, etc. ?

The official wording for Cell Divide on the card refers to wounds inflicted from normal attacks and special attacks... NOT special powers.

I'm brainstorming Heat of Battle stuff and this occurred to me when trying to develop a Marro Divider army.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
I assume that Cell Divide doesn't work against special powers such as Poisonous Acid Breath, Dragon Swoop, Marro Plague, etc. ?

The official wording for Cell Divide on the card refers to wounds inflicted from normal attacks and special attacks... NOT special powers.
I think you've parsed that exactly and correctly.
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM

Civil War Dude Woo who?

Well I came in 2nd at the Maryland tourney using Nilfeim, 4x Dividers, and Isamu. They divided a lot in all but the championship but still a really fun army! They beat 2 4th Mass. armies, Stingers and Braxas, and a Dwarf/Q10 army! My only loss was in the championship to EP who had Blade Gruts, Grimnak, Tornak, and Marro Warriors.

Stingers
Minions
Knights My top 5
Cyprien
Heavy Gruts
Old August 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil War Dude View Post
Well I came in 2nd at the Maryland tourney using Nilfeim, 4x Dividers, and Isamu. They divided a lot in all but the championship but still a really fun army! They beat 2 4th Mass. armies, Stingers and Braxas, and a Dwarf/Q10 army! My only loss was in the championship to EP who had Blade Gruts, Grimnak, Tornak, and Marro Warriors.
Glad they got you into 2nd. I'm actually surprised to hear that they fell to the orc army. I would have expected them to hold up, but maybe the d20 got tired. Anyway, congratulations on your 2nd place finish.
Grimnak and the Blade Gruts are attacking a lot, and Chomp is unblockable and undividable. I could see the Orcs taking down the Dividers.

I want to try these guys in a tournament. I think they're stronger than the get credit for.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I like this for General tournament at 500:

2xstingers
5xdividers
TBR

IMO, you need at least 3 sets if you want to have a shot at getting them to work.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:38 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just got done looking through here, and I didn't ind the answer to this question. If a Divider is standing on molten lava(he rolled a 20), and someone attacks him, what happens if he get less shields and then rolls a 17 or higher, if the only location for a new divider is in more molten lava? Does the new one roll, or not because he didn't land there, he just came out of nowhere.

Sorry about the run-on sentences.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
I just got done looking through here, and I didn't ind the answer to this question. If a Divider is standing on molten lava(he rolled a 20), and someone attacks him, what happens if he get less shields and then rolls a 17 or higher, if the only location for a new divider is in more molten lava? Does the new one roll, or not because he didn't land there, he just came out of nowhere.

Sorry about the run-on sentences.
I believe it is if a figure MOVES onto a molten lava space. Because the figure is being PLACED, he doesn't roll.

edit: Ok. VW rulebook: "When a figure MOVES onto molten lava space, you must roll for molten lava damage."

Because you are placing the figure, not moving it, it doesn't have to roll.
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seeing the sucess of these guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyScaper View Post
Brownsfan82 recently had a successful run with the Dividers:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...1&postcount=81. After the championship match, in which he defeated me, he told us how he planned to use the Dividers as a glyph grabbing force, and, if I recall correctly, as a screen for his dragons. In the championship match, the dragons weren't as much as a threat as the Dividers, because most of my attention was on the dragons, and because of that, the Dividers took out more than their share of Knights. Although Cell Divide didn't work for him that game (a lot of 16's rolled) they did their job of holding some Knights down, and holding a glyph. In the other games he played in, I don't know how well the Dividers performed, but they must've done well if he placed first.

Playing with or against these little guys, I love 'em all the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil War Dude View Post
I was wondering how you play them strategically. What is the best amount of order markers spent on your Dividers vs. your dragons? You'd want to engage opposing troops with the dividers, but you also want to bring out your powerful dragon(s); it seems slightly like an order marker dilemma to me.
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Its probably been brought up before in the drones vs. dividers debate, but I thought that I'd make a point here:

The dividers are more real-life cost effective than the drones.

Like most common squads, having 2 sets of them is enough for highly effective use. The drones require 3 (although best with 4+) to make use of their ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
But the question is: Is the Drones' ability better than the Dividers'?

Brandon
I think it's about the same.

The Drones' ability gives them about 60% more attacks.

The Dividers' ability gives them about 60% more lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units