Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 21st, 2022, 12:21 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

How does Hasbro and Avalon Hill make money off of C3V?

For every person that plays heroscape that’s aware of C3V and uses it, there’s probably five or six or more players that don’t touch it or are even aware that it exists.

C3V is not something that they can use to make money and it limits them in their future designs to try work with it or around it.

Why would they do that?

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; August 21st, 2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Again I could be wrong…(and that is definitely not the only “custom” part)
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

For myself, I don't think that Hasbro itself owes anything to the world that the C3V has helped build. Not a thing.

On a personal level, though, kind words from guys like Craig, and Rÿchean and Grungebob, have given me greater satisfaction than I could ever have hoped for, and all the vindication for the quality of our work that I could want. I see that as personal, though, and not anything I would anticipate would be imported into business decisions.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:33 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
How does Hasbro and Avalon Hill make money off of C3V?

For every person that plays heroscape that’s aware of C3V and uses it, there’s probably five or six or more players that don’t touch it or are even aware that it exists.

C3V is not something that they can use to make money and it limits them in their future designs to try work with it or around it.

Why would they do that?
Yeah, and there might be potential copyright issues in letting unofficial IP of other gaming companies in official
Hasbro ran tournaments? But if the new stuff works with OG figures and C3V/SOV works with the old stuff, it'll probably mostly be fine. I couldn't imagine a slew of new figures making large percentage of C3V/SOV overpowered.

And with some C3V makers working officially on them, I could imagine them putting slight effort into thinking "hey, this power would make X, Y, and Z customs overpowered".

Upset City Baby.
Old August 21st, 2022, 02:26 PM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

They can make money by creating their own miniature fitting the C3V card and publish officialy the cards

Except if there is some copyright problem for them to reuse cards created by C3V/SoV ?
Old August 21st, 2022, 02:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's not really how corporations work. Especially not in a lawsuit happy country like the United States. Not saying anyone would sue or anything, just saying that's why corporations don't really operate that way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 21st, 2022, 03:09 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sadly, Hasbro would either have C3V sign away the rights to their work, which would be insulting to them, or pay them some decent money for a product that already exists, which they wouldn't consider. Neither of which would be palatable to all.

But as has been said above, since C3V is compatible with Old Scape, and New Scape will be, it should all work with each other. If not, C3V could make unofficial rulings on any small number of corner cases where things didn't match up.
Old August 21st, 2022, 03:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with the guardian knight. There is a lot of ill will about that mistake.

How can one score a Guardian Knight?
You gotta know somebody on the inside!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 21st, 2022, 04:31 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with the guardian knight. There is a lot of ill will about that mistake.

How can one score a Guardian Knight?
You gotta know somebody on the inside!
Oh? I’m listening….
Old August 21st, 2022, 05:02 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The 'Nakh is bakh!
Old August 21st, 2022, 05:06 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The 'Nakh is bakh!
I lurk here now and then Chaz. Someone has to watch you!
Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:02 AM

Progression Of Reveals

"Cry Havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!"

I'm impressed with the amount and organization of the reveals we've seen so far. Based on the sophistication of the new product with thought out factions and potential new backstory being mentioned along with everything else we've had come out since GenCon, it seems like there will be much more to come, such as more cards and figures with some new terrain, rules, and perhaps different simple game components like markers. The cornucopia of stuff we've already seen makes me feel that production and distribution are not impossibly far away too! And it seems like they are preparing to launch on multiple platforms, since they've hired a voice actor and who knows who else. What do you think? Animation? Commercials at least?

There has been no speculation about new Glyphs here yet. I didn't think about them, because we almost never use them in our monthly non-tournament group play here. But a local pal was wondering about them lately, so I'll mention that here as well. What do you think? New Glyphs?
Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:45 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Progression Of Reveals

"Cry Havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!"

I'm impressed with the amount and organization of the reveals we've seen so far. Based on the sophistication of the new product with thought out factions and potential new backstory being mentioned along with everything else we've had come out since GenCon, it seems like there will be much more to come, such as more cards and figures with some new terrain, rules, and perhaps different simple game components like markers. The cornucopia of stuff we've already seen makes me feel that production and distribution are not impossibly far away too! And it seems like they are preparing to launch on multiple platforms, since they've hired a voice actor and who knows who else. What do you think? Animation? Commercials at least?

There has been no speculation about new Glyphs here yet. I didn't think about them, because we almost never use them in our monthly non-tournament group play here. But a local pal was wondering about them lately, so I'll mention that here as well. What do you think? New Glyphs?
My group generally doesn't use them either.
Maybe they've been annihilated.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 22nd, 2022 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I understand it's the age for that!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion