Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:42 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker
5000 Point Army

For a Heroscape game one of my friends and I have been planning for several months now, we are doing a game with 5000 point armies. I own:

RotV
Wave 1
Wave 2 (no Drones and Minions)
Wave 3 (no Monks & Hounds or Gorillas & Sentinals)
Wave 4 (no Greeks & Vipers)
Wave 5
Wave 6
Wave 2.5
Wave 4.5
SotM
Flagbearers
I do not have duplicates of any figures.

Can anybody make a good 5000 point army out of these figures? Thanks

p.s.-I would realy like to have Sonlen in the army if posible.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:18 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Do you even have 5000 points in figures? You might need to just use all of those... and if you have enough its going to be close, just remove a few cards worth that you do not like.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:26 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Do you even have 5000 points in figures? You might need to just use all of those... and if you have enough its going to be close, just remove a few cards worth that you do not like.
Yes, I do have that many points in figures. I'm trying to use the Surprisingly Tart Heroscape Draft Wizard for one and I still have several cards left over.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'd imagine without many duplicate unit options that building a 5000 pt army becomes not so much a matter of choosing what to take (or not take) but rather in figuring out what to use and when during the course of the game. Organize your units into waves that compliment each other, and then build a strategy from that.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You should just go nuts you pretty much don't need our help if you don't have duplicates I would say a Mostly Marro and Einar Army their wouldn't be a way to just post all the guys and points because I don't have the time but I can give you an Idea.
All Marro
Samurai
Vydar figures would do nice
Krug
Orcs
And many more skim through some competition armys and get ideas.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Combining Marro, Romans & Greeks, Valguard, and Vipers should give a good base that has lots of synergy and bonding options. This is just insane, though.
Old November 4th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman
Combining Marro, Romans & Greeks, Valguard, and Vipers should give a good base that has lots of synergy and bonding options. This is just insane, though.
I know it is... However, we were considering just having all the figures we own slaughter eachother.

GENERATION 26:

Old November 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart
My question is: When you are playing with 5000 points of figures, is there even a standard for what a competitive army is? It seems like there would never be a competition at that point value...it would be more about stamina (and who gets bored first)

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old November 5th, 2007, 01:10 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old November 5th, 2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijoe9
My question is: When you are playing with 5000 points of figures, is there even a standard for what a competitive army is? It seems like there would never be a competition at that point value...it would be more about stamina (and who gets bored first)
You are probably correct, but we only have one afternoon to play, so once we have to leave or get bored, we will count points to detirmine the winner.

GENERATION 26:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion