Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 15th, 2019, 01:51 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Robot Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
LIQUID METAL
Mercury is never attacked when leaving engagement. When rolling defense dice against an attack, Mercury always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Mercury is attacked by a figure with the Electrically Charged or Lava Resistant special powers, he rolls 2 fewer defense dice.
I'd base it a little more closely to Steel Skin off of Colossus. Also I'd include Lava Resistant to what it is weak aagainst.
I was going with more of a Stealth Dodge mechanic than a hard skin mechanic, but I could roll with an autoshield.

Why the weakness to fire though? Yeah metal melts, but it melts at a much higher temperature than humans do generally. Colossus is melt-proof, for example. And Mercury especially is already a liquid, so I'd think it would be more resistant to lava than most metals, right? (I have no idea if that's actually true or not.)
Old March 15th, 2019, 01:55 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Quote:
LIQUID METAL
Mercury is never attacked when leaving engagement. When rolling defense dice against an attack, Mercury always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Mercury is attacked by a figure with the Electrically Charged or Lava Resistant special powers, he rolls 2 fewer defense dice.
I'd base it a little more closely to Steel Skin off of Colossus. Also I'd include Lava Resistant to what it is weak aagainst.
I was going with more of a Stealth Dodge mechanic than a hard skin mechanic, but I could roll with an autoshield.

Why the weakness to fire though? Yeah metal melts, but it melts at a much higher temperature than humans do generally. Colossus is melt-proof, for example. And Mercury especially is already a liquid, so I'd think it would be more resistant to lava than most metals, right? (I have no idea if that's actually true or not.)
Well I am basing it more off of the Mutant Mercury who has a similar ability and in particular this entry from her wiki on Comicvine:

"As her body is made of metal, she is very hard to injure or damage with physical attacks. When Mercury's body is attacked in a physical assault, she can simply reassemble herself. The most notable injury she has sustained was when X-23 was forced to sever Mercury's hands with her adamantium claws and Mercury simply reattached her hands. It has been shown that she has a degree of resistance to magical attacks. She has immunity to biological assaults as she is no longer organic; Mercury is immune to Wallflower's pheromone powers and Wither's decay touch. As Wither's power effects all organic material, this therefore suggests that her body is completely non-organic (at the very least confirming that she is not a carbon-based lifeform). Being metallic, Mercury's main weakness is electricity. Large bursts of electric current can incapacitate her. Similarly extreme amounts of heat can also damage her, as seen when a high-powered laser burned and removed pieces of her skin".
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:02 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Well I am basing it more off of the Mutant Mercury who has a similar ability and in particular this entry from her wiki on Comicvine:

"As her body is made of metal, she is very hard to injure or damage with physical attacks. When Mercury's body is attacked in a physical assault, she can simply reassemble herself. The most notable injury she has sustained was when X-23 was forced to sever Mercury's hands with her adamantium claws and Mercury simply reattached her hands. It has been shown that she has a degree of resistance to magical attacks. She has immunity to biological assaults as she is no longer organic; Mercury is immune to Wallflower's pheromone powers and Wither's decay touch. As Wither's power effects all organic material, this therefore suggests that her body is completely non-organic (at the very least confirming that she is not a carbon-based lifeform). Being metallic, Mercury's main weakness is electricity. Large bursts of electric current can incapacitate her. Similarly extreme amounts of heat can also damage her, as seen when a high-powered laser burned and removed pieces of her skin".
Oh okay I see where you're coming from. I guess my counterargument would be that if you shot me with a high-power laser, it would probably do a bit more than burn off my skin. To me it sounds like heat is a weakness to her, but she's still more resistant than your average human.

What about a weakness to freezing, T-1000 style?
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The power should definitely be T-1000 reusable with that name!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Oh okay I see where you're coming from. I guess my counterargument would be that if you shot me with a high-power laser, it would probably do a bit more than burn off my skin. To me it sounds like heat is a weakness to her, but she's still more resistant than your average human.

What about a weakness to freezing, T-1000 style?
Ok, you've sold me on not including Lava Resistant. Explain your freezing line of thought though.
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Ok, you've sold me on not including Lava Resistant. Explain your freezing line of thought though.
I mean most of my logic just boils down to "That's how it works in Terminator."

I do think freezing does make some sense as a weakness for liquid metal though. Their strength is how they can flow around and reform, and freezing them into one solid shape takes that away. It could also make them shatterable.
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Weakness to freezing is tough to represent in Scape mechanics, though.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Weakness to freezing is tough to represent in Scape mechanics, though.
I figure you could just key it off of Ice Resistance. Not a perfect match, but neither is Lava Resistant.
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:52 AM

If we keyed it on that ...

Weirdest inclusion: Penguins with machine guns
Weirdest exclusion: Captain Cold

Old March 16th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Now moves with Flying.

I had had a similar thought on how to represent it but after Bats' post, might be best to just leave it with the electrically charged part.
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

Looking at the list real quick, it looks like the penguins are the only funky inclusion, but yeah it would be weird having Captain Cold or Killer Frost not be in there.

As a side note, I remember there being way more fire weakness powers that key in on Lava Resistant to represent fire-wielders, but looking at the list I don’t actually see any. The memory cheats I guess.
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Quote:

Looking at the list real quick, it looks like the penguins are the only funky inclusion, but yeah it would be weird having Captain Cold or Killer Frost not be in there.

As a side note, I remember there being way more fire weakness powers that key in on Lava Resistant to represent fire-wielders, but looking at the list I don’t actually see any. The memory cheats I guess.
Hrm funny that we have used it as a weakness to fire abilities then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy