Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 27th, 2023, 01:59 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Should we be glad Age of Annihilation failed?

Which would be great. But down though the decades, their policy has been to hang on to all their IPs like grim death, only putting out a new version with their agreements required it. Recently, they did let Battle Cry, the Commands & Colors Civil War by Richard Borg game go, and fans rejoiced like never before!
Old January 28th, 2023, 01:41 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They leased Netrunner out for a few years, something like that is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old January 10th, 2024, 11:35 AM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker

Getting to this a little late, but I have to reply as someone who has been very (and what I would describe as appropriately) critical of Hasbro given their recent years history concerning their flagrant greed on display with Magic and Dungeons and Dragons. If you don't know about it, just Google "Hasbro," and "greed."

That said, I took a lot of flak for pointing out the following, including having posts removed from YT channels and being insulted in various ways.

Hasbro's original claim of having HS miniatures painted would be a deal breaker on the grounds that it would significantly increase the cost to be passed on to the consumer was absolutely a disingenuous lie. They were hoping that many would buy into that so they could save the cost on painting while charging probably about as much as if it were- yet another attempt to fleece the consumer. Now, don't get me wrong. As a business, of course you are trying to maximize your profit margins, but there is also an inflection point that needs to be taken into account in which you can be too obvious in your tactics to achieve that profit. Hasbro has now shown an inarguable pattern of this kind of regard for their customer base and this example with their completely botched attempt with HS is no different. I have nothing but disdain for Hasbro.

Again, this is among biggest toy manufacturers in the world. There was also claims that current times are different and resources are more scarce, painting would be too costly, etc... Explain why the toy sections in all the big box stores have aisles of painted toys then. Explain how Renegade is able to achieve, what was recently considered impossible, by Hasbro's own words. I am absolutely glad AoA failed.

Old January 10th, 2024, 05:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
Getting to this a little late, but I have to reply as someone who has been very (and what I would describe as appropriately) critical of Hasbro given their recent years history concerning their flagrant greed on display with Magic and Dungeons and Dragons. If you don't know about it, just Google "Hasbro," and "greed."

That said, I took a lot of flak for pointing out the following, including having posts removed from YT channels and being insulted in various ways.

Hasbro's original claim of having HS miniatures painted would be a deal breaker on the grounds that it would significantly increase the cost to be passed on to the consumer was absolutely a disingenuous lie. They were hoping that many would buy into that so they could save the cost on painting while charging probably about as much as if it were- yet another attempt to fleece the consumer. Now, don't get me wrong. As a business, of course you are trying to maximize your profit margins, but there is also an inflection point that needs to be taken into account in which you can be too obvious in your tactics to achieve that profit. Hasbro has now shown an inarguable pattern of this kind of regard for their customer base and this example with their completely botched attempt with HS is no different. I have nothing but disdain for Hasbro.

Again, this is among biggest toy manufacturers in the world. There was also claims that current times are different and resources are more scarce, painting would be too costly, etc... Explain why the toy sections in all the big box stores have aisles of painted toys then. Explain how Renegade is able to achieve, what was recently considered impossible, by Hasbro's own words. I am absolutely glad AoA failed.
I have no quarrel with people who disdain Hasbro, but the business with painted minis was not a "lie." I have no idea how Renegade is pulling this off, but there is a reason that there are no board / skirmish games of this type using painted minis, in a reasonable price range.

It wasn't just Mama Hasbro talking about the non-feasability of unpainted minis. It was the Avalon Hill guys, including Craig, who absolutely believed it to be true. I am surprised that Renegade says that it can pull it off, and I hope that they are wonderful.

For all of the (understandable) resentment toward Hasbro, though, they weren't "lying" about painted minis being too expensive. The market itself proves the point, notwithstanding Renegade's commitment to do something different.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 10th, 2024, 05:49 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

I have no quarrel with people who disdain Hasbro, but the business with painted minis was not a "lie." I have no idea how Renegade is pulling this off, but there is a reason that there are no board / skirmish games of this type using painted minis, in a reasonable price range.

It wasn't just Mama Hasbro talking about the non-feasability of unpainted minis. It was the Avalon Hill guys, including Craig, who absolutely believed it to be true. I am surprised that Renegade says that it can pull it off, and I hope that they are wonderful.

For all of the (understandable) resentment toward Hasbro, though, they weren't "lying" about painted minis being too expensive. The market itself proves the point, notwithstanding Renegade's commitment to do something different.

I see, I myself believed the argument that pre-painted minis would be cost prohibitive which is why I accepted them unpainted back during the Haslab time period.
It was a bit disappointing when I first heard the unpainted announcement, but once it was explained to me I understood. So when Renegade announced painted minis, and at a price only somewhat more than the unpainted versions, I was curious about how that would be accomplished. I'm interested in what is revealed on March 1st, because hopefully then we'll be able to see the actually pricing and paint quality.
Old January 10th, 2024, 11:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I’m curious to see it too. I know Craig and I talked about that exact thing for a long time, when I was working with him on AoA.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 11th, 2024, 07:20 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Let's remember that many of the original paint jobs on Scape figures varied in quality. My standards aren't that high for the new figures, although I hope they surprise me with the quality they can come up with! But regardless, painted is better for sure.
Old January 12th, 2024, 05:48 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

A thousand times this.

Hasbro is still one of the biggest toy companies in the world, if they really wanted to, they absolutely could sell painted mini's. Renegade has even promised that whey will provide painted mini's too, which like others have stated will be interesting to see. Even if the quality is slightly sub par compared to past Scape painted figures, that's fine by me personally. So long as they are painted.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion