Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Zunes, iPods, and other MP3 players, oh my!

So, what MP3 players do you guys have? I had an iPod shuffle, 3rd generation. I got a $15 iTunes gift card for Christmas. Then, I won a 30GB Zune in a school contest on the seventh. (I read a book and was entered in a drawing! I read all the books on that list anyways...)

So, I have a Zune.

If I buy a video from iTunes, will I be able to transfer it to my Zune? I don't think that I even want to buy any songs from iTunes, since I can just get CDs from the library and rip them, plus my dad has a massive collection of CDs that he's ripped into iTunes.
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
My phone plays MP3s. It came in soooo handy when I had the torturous job of sitting through my kid's games. However, now that I'm not stuck in those situations wasting my time like that anymore, I never listen to it. An MP3 player for me would be wasted. The only time I get to listen to anything interesting is in the car and I have all the Doctor Who audio releases for that.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
I'm not sure if you can use iTunes with your Zune or not, but I do know that if you buy the Zune music thing, it's $15 a month for unlimited music, but if you stop paying, then you lose all of it. This is all what I heard from my uncle who also recently got a Zune, so I could've misinterpreted something.
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
My phone also plays MP3s, and I've got a CD player that can read MP3 formatted discs (i've got a CD with 194 songs on it), so i have very little need for an MP3 player.
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Things you buy on iTunes only work on your iPod, iPhone, iMac, or Apple TV. The Zune store is unknown to me. I know a few people with Zunes but they're music is not legit.

DWARVES!
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I have a Zune, and I like it. The big pretty screen is nice for watching videos on, but it also just looks real nice with album covers.

I doubt there is an easy way to convert stuff from iTunes to play on the zune, but I haven't ever looked into it myself. Everything's convertable though, given enough time, effort, and possibly money. :P
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Burning to CD then ripping it from the CD is the only method I've heard of that works, but it seems to remove the track info, so you're left with an MP3 player full of Unknown Artist, or so I've heard.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
EJ's got it right, you only lose the track info if it is a mix cd of your own creation. But burning and then ripping gets rid of the protection on the file and allows you to put it on anything that can play an mp3.

DWARVES!
Old January 9th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific
I'm not sure if you can use iTunes with your Zune or not, but I do know that if you buy the Zune music thing, it's $15 a month for unlimited music, but if you stop paying, then you lose all of it. This is all what I heard from my uncle who also recently got a Zune, so I could've misinterpreted something.
That's not Zune Marketplace. Zune Marketplace comes free with the Zune, and you can buy music from them per song.

That's a good idea, ej. I'll have to try that. Do you know if it would work with MP4s? (Video)
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker
I recently purchased a Sansa e260 and am extremely happy with it.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I do not have an MP3 player.

This upsets me, but I'm too cheap to go buy one. Quite the conundrum.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Fooflesnort
I recently purchased a Sansa e260 and am extremely happy with it.
I also have the Sansa player. I have the 4GB version. But the player has a MicroSD slot to make increase it to 6GB. However, I have yet to use it. The player does play video, but I really only bought it for music. I also have a subscription to Rhapsody. $14.99 a month, and I can get as much music as I want. I figure that's less than most CD's, so it's well worth it.

Also, with the Rhapsody account, you can authorize up to three players and two computers. So my wife can DL music from her laptop and onto her own MP3 player when she is away without me having to give up my player.

There have been reports of folks having problems with the Sansa e200 series of players. But I've had mine for over a year, and you'll hear no complaints. The device is Flash memory, so it's not as likely to break as say an iPod or Zune, which have what amount to hard drives built inside. Sansa and other Flash players have no moving parts, so I can run and workout without worry of problems due to constant impact.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General