Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 11th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Feral Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Why is he feral? Was he raised by wolves? Is Krug feral as well? Is there some whole troll society that Krug was raised in and the feral ones were not?
I'm pretty sure that "Feral Troll" is the exact name of the D&D mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

Not impressed with this guy at all. The one defense means he could easily be killed in one turn. Just think of the Knights, Glads, Romans. Pretty much any decent squad with hero bonding can do massive damage to him in one turn. Also the fact that you must use an order marker in order to regen him is lame. You pretty much have to waste an order marker just to heal him. And the fact that he is uncommon makes that worse. Now if one some where dies you are screwed. His 90 points is just a joke. Who would seriously take more than one for that cost with his life expectancy? In my opinion the worst unit in the set.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
Not impressed with this guy at all. The one defense means he could easily be killed in one turn. Just think of the Knights, Glads, Romans. Pretty much any decent squad with hero bonding can do massive damage to him in one turn. Also the fact that you must use an order marker in order to regen him is lame. You pretty much have to waste an order marker just to heal him. And the fact that he is uncommon makes that worse. Now if one some where dies you are screwed. His 90 points is just a joke. Who would seriously take more than one for that cost with his life expectancy? In my opinion the worst unit in the set.
I guess you didnt read any of the battle reports of the new dnd campaign where people are saying the troll is a tough opponent in that enviroment.

I also would like to know why you are drafting him if you see your opponent is drafting hordes of commons when clearly the Feral Troll is designed to be counter draft vs heroes.

He will not be a popular tournament choice in a double blind draft system because those tournaments favour squads which he does not do well against.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
I guess you didnt read any of the battle reports of the new dnd campaign where people are saying the troll is a tough opponent in that enviroment.

I also would like to know why you are drafting him if you see your opponent is drafting hordes of commons when clearly the Feral Troll is designed to be counter draft vs heroes.

He will not be a popular tournament choice in a double blind draft system because those tournaments favour squads which he does not do well against.
Temprit -- He's a pain in the rear against heroes. As Toad Rocket said, read some of the battle reports from playing the DnD campaign. You'll find a lot where one 90 point troll is taking out 220 pts of heroes in the first room. In fact if it wasn't for Ana repeated healing Tandros, I don't think I would have ever beat the troll in the first room.

He's like any figure in the game, better in some situations and worse in others. For example, if my opponent was drafting mostly squads, I probably wouldn't take the troll; just the same as if my opponent was drafting mostly heroes, I wouldn't draft Zelrig. That doesn't make either figure bad; it just means they are better suited to different situations.

Also, I notice your counters (bonding squads) all cost more than 90 points when you include the cost of the hero and squad. If I draft a 90 point figure and you draft 150 to 200 points to counter it, well that gives me a lot of points to still draft with.
Old January 17th, 2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:

Temprit -- He's a pain in the rear against heroes. As Toad Rocket said, read some of the battle reports from playing the DnD campaign. You'll find a lot where one 90 point troll is taking out 220 pts of heroes in the first room. In fact if it wasn't for Ana repeated healing Tandros, I don't think I would have ever beat the troll in the first room.

He's like any figure in the game, better in some situations and worse in others. For example, if my opponent was drafting mostly squads, I probably wouldn't take the troll; just the same as if my opponent was drafting mostly heroes, I wouldn't draft Zelrig. That doesn't make either figure bad; it just means they are better suited to different situations.

Also, I notice your counters (bonding squads) all cost more than 90 points when you include the cost of the hero and squad. If I draft a 90 point figure and you draft 150 to 200 points to counter it, well that gives me a lot of points to still draft with.
To be perfectly honest me and my friends draft armies in a "blind manner", to prevent using armies specifically good at defeating the other. Squads also seem to dominate our drafts too. As far as I can tell he's not going to be used much between all of us. 90 points just seems to be too much.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
A couple comments on this guy:
  • This guy rates with the zombies among the most OM-intensive cards; once you start feeding him OMs you can't stop. The reason is the same - OMs keep him alive.

• If you don't have Ornak, the tournament use of Feral Trolls is pretty much limited to herokilling. However, at 90 points, they still make for a good investment in some armies. The troll is favored against nearly all heroes. The list of classic 'scape heroes I've found that are favored according to the matchup calculator is very short:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Sudema (no Blood Frenzy for you!)
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

... I think that's all! Nilfheim comes very close, and Kaemon is pretty close too.
What? no DW8000 ? I seriously think that 1 defence would makes the troll toast. Top it off no bloodfrenzy.

Last edited by yamissflash; January 22nd, 2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: grammar
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
A couple comments on this guy:
  • This guy rates with the zombies among the most OM-intensive cards; once you start feeding him OMs you can't stop. The reason is the same - OMs keep him alive.
  • If you don't have Ornak, the tournament use of Feral Trolls is pretty much limited to herokilling. However, at 90 points, they still make for a good investment in some armies. The troll is favored against nearly all heroes. The list of classic 'scape heroes I've found that are favored according to the matchup calculator is very short:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Sudema (no Blood Frenzy for you!)
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

... I think that's all! Nilfheim comes very close, and Kaemon is pretty close too.
What? no DW8000 ? I seriously think that 1 defence would makes the troll toast. Top it off no bloodfrenzy.
I agree, he has a very high chance of rolling skulls. And of course like you say with only one life the Feral Troll is going to have a hard time finding any wounds on this guy.

Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:54 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
DW8000 wouldn't be too bad. I like to use him in different situations. He seems like a good counterdraft to some units, which is why he is my favorite Deathwalker.

I might try this tonight in a 1 on 1.

Now all I want is a unit with Rapid Fire Special Attack, but is actually somewhat good.

And just something not really related: DW8000, Runa, and now Everan are the only units that can kill an infinite amount of units. All you need is more spiders than what exist, and a really tall ladder, and put the unit on top. DW000 also has the best chance of killing many of them too, since it can't be that hard to kill a spider.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
According to the matchup calculator, it is very close, but the Troll comes on top.

EDIT: DW8K would win, because he gets to attack first, but that is why Dok didn't have it.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; January 22nd, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Quote:
According to the matchup calculator, it is very close, but the Troll comes on top.
It only takes one bad defense roll to destroy him.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The only advantage DW8K has is to start as far away as possible and to get a few wounds in before the Troll closes.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My thinking was that the troll makes for an excellent clean up figure. If there are no full strength squads remaining, he does pretty well against anything else.

~Aldin, wondering if he could find his way into some Elf Wizard armies

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units