Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Nightcrawler - Design Thread

You guys may want to check out the TNT Nightcrawler, too, just for ideas. We had worked out all of this bamf/attack/bamf/attack situation back in the day...

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So many 'bamf's I'm getting bamferloaded!

I like Devout. Height 6? I was expecting 4. Isn't he short or is he just always hunched over?

So you don't want him to be able to bamf with other figures?

I think thematically Bamf should be clear sight spaces unless you want it to be a d20-based power.

You may need to crop out the Movement part from the simple Bamf part, and simply include it in the special attack.

Ok I think I've got a grasp of what you're going for so here's how I would clarify it:

Quote:
BAMF!
Choose an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Nightcrawler. Place Nightcrawler on the chosen space. Nightcrawler does not take leaving engagement strikes when he starts to Bamf!

BAMF! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 1 Attack: 4
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Nightcrawler, you may BAMF! up to three times. Each time you place Nightcrawler, you may attack once with Bamf! Special Attack.

BAMF! EVADE
If Nightcrawler is attacked by a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, Nightcrawler takes no damage and may immediately Bamf!
So he could move normally (for whatever reason) and then Bamf, or just use his special attack and not necessarily roll any dice, but still get the mobility out of it.

He seems to be Kumiko/Moriko territory here, with a decent defensive ability. I'd say 150'ish since 3 attacks of 4 is pretty good, but he's still a melee character.
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What do you think of the clear sight restriction? It sounds thematic to me based on my reading of him.
Can a space be within line of sight of a figure?
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
BAMF!
To Bamf!, place Nightcrawler on any empty space within 3 (clear sight?) spaces of Nightcrawler. Instead of moving normally, Nightcrawler may Bamf! up to 3 times. Nightcrawler does not take leaving engagement attacks when using the Bamf! special power.

Does that help clear it up?
What do you think of my proposed rewrite, Griff?
I think this is much better sir:

Quote:
BAMF!
Instead of moving Nightcrawler normally, you may choose any empty space that is within 4 spaces of Nightcrawler. Place Nightcrawler on the chosen space. When Nightcrawler starts to Bamf!, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

BAMF! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
When Nightcrawler attacks with his Bamf! Special Attack, he may attack two additional times. After each attack, Nightcrawler may use his Bamf! special power.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not sure I like the idea of the special attack, because it's really a normal attack with moves in between, so I don't see the point in denying him height advantage, denying others counter strike, etc.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:46 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
BAMF! EVADE
If Nightcrawler is attacked by a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, Nightcrawler takes no damage and may immediately use his Bamf! special power.
Fixed.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I'm not sure I like the idea of the special attack, because it's really a normal attack with moves in between, so I don't see the point in denying him height advantage, denying others counter strike, etc.
I really disagree. I think that his ability to barrage you with multiple attacks while Bamfing is pretty darn specialized.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I actually see it as the opposite, GreyOwl. I think he should bypass counterstrike and height advantage. When he's Bamf-ing and attacking, figures are getting hit before they have a chance to react. He's basically getting every advantage he can get on every attack.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
What do you think of the clear sight restriction? It sounds thematic to me based on my reading of him.
Can a space be within line of sight of a figure?
Good point ...

Quote:
Hmm ... excellent point. What if the Bamf! after each time you attack part was folded into his Bamf! movement power and we just gave him triple attack?

I liked the idea of a power like this for him (but not more than I like the three powers he already has):

TELEPORT AWAY
Before using Nightcrawler's Bamf! special power, choose any figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. After you place Nightcrawler, place the chosen figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. If the chosen figure is engaged before being teleported, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
BAMF! EVADE
If Nightcrawler is attacked by a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, Nightcrawler takes no damage and may immediately use his Bamf! special power.
Fixed.
Updated.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How committed are you to the names? Because all the Bamfs are really confusing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
TELEPORT AWAY
Before using Nightcrawler's Bamf! special power, choose any figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. After you place Nightcrawler, place the chosen figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. If the chosen figure is engaged before being teleported, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I would really like to get a "Carry" ability on this card, but I don't think sacraficing one of the other abilities is worth it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library