Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: dok's D&D customs

A range of 2 would also let him hit a figure that is 30 levels above him.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; December 3rd, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I just realized I left in the "normal or special" text in knockback, which is obviously irrelevant here.

I guess I could just give him a range of 2, but it would feel wrong if he's attacking down from a castle wall, or up on a double castle wall. That's about the only times, though.

I could also reasonably drop knockback (like you say, it's not going to trigger much, although it would happen with heroes a decent amount). That gives me plenty of room for powers. I could give him some version (an enhanced version?) of Ice Cold from the GIE, which he really ought to have.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think it has to be Reach instead of a range of 2 because of the castle wall problem: if his base is 10 (or whatever) levels away from the other fig's base, he probably shouldn't be able to hit it with the axe.

About Crag:
If he's on the lower level here:

***************_
*********y_
******x
***CC

He could, with a full move at his disposal, Trample x, where x is one level higher on a 1-hex step, because he can *go* there, but he can't stop there. Assuming he is successful he has now moved 2/5 and therefore can *not* Trample y, also on a 1-hex step, because Crag is not on a hex where he could stop, notwithstanding the fact that if he is unsuccessful at trampling y he could retreat to the pair of hexes where he started. Or if he successfully stomped y he could actually finish his move and stop on that two hex ledge. But he still can't Trample Y for the simple reason that he can't stop where he is, having stomped X and halfway onto that lower ledge.

Right?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:02 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Assuming I have interpreted your ascii artistry and explanation correctly... yes, that's right. Since his move automatically ends when he fails on a trample, he must be on two level hexes to make an attempt.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok. It leads to some interesting and non-intuitive results, but does make it (I think) considerably more powerful than Tor Kul Na's.

Iiiintedesting...

= =
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ok. It leads to some interesting and non-intuitive results, but does make it (I think) considerably more powerful than Tor Kul Na's.

Iiiintedesting...
In your example, it seems like he would have to back down after trampling X. It also seems like he would not be able to start to trample X if he had already moved 3, since he has only 2 move left, and would not be able to move back down or anywhere else to level off his base.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:

Iiiintedesting...
In your example, it seems like he would have to back down after trampling X. It also seems like he would not be able to start to trample X if he had already moved 3, since he has only 2 move left, and would not be able to move back down or anywhere else to level off his base.
Yes, I agree 100%. Assuming a 3d guy, let's call him z, adjacent to Crag before he starts his move, Crag can Trample uphill to take care of x and then attack z if he wants, with disengage applying if z is adjacent only to the hex further from x.

= =
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM

The major point is that you have to count ahead to see if you have enough move to even back down from X's space, or if you get it "for free." The leaving engagement attack does indeed work from Z.

As for the Frost Titan, you might consider that he has an aura that slows enemies (all spaces a figure enters takes an extra move to enter). Slippery ice would take 3 move, for example. The power could be named Numbing Cold. This could replace Knockback and the proposed Ice Spikes.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
The major point is that you have to count ahead to see if you have enough move to even back down from X's space, or if you get it "for free."
That's what I was wondering, if you have to be able to get back down. But I don't think you do. Either you are standing on a legal space or you are not. If yes, you can Trample, if not, you cannot. And of course you can never end your move in an illegal position.

It's possible I'm confusing myself at this point, but it was thinking about that exact question - does it matter if he can get back down - that led to my question.

= =
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Iiiintedesting...
Yes, I agree 100%. Assuming a 3d guy, let's call him z, adjacent to Crag before he starts his move, Crag can Trample uphill to take care of x and then attack z if he wants, with disengage applying if z is adjacent only to the hex further from x.
The major point is that you have to count ahead to see if you have enough move to even back down from X's space, or if you get it "for free." The leaving engagement attack does indeed work from Z.
Actually, you don't have to count ahead. You only have to have enough movement to "move onto [the space]". No mention of actually making the move is built into this condition, so whether or not it can be part of a move that ends with Crag on two same-level spaces doesn't come into play. Do what the card says, not what the card doesn't say. The wording is intentionally different than that of TKN's trample stomp on this point.

It does come into play in whether or not Crag can continue movement, though. If Crag continues his movement (note the "if" on the card, there), he has to start by moving onto that space. If he can't move onto that space as part of a move that ends on two same-level spaces, then he can't continue his movement.

Q: If Crag has two move remaining, can he attempt to trample a small/medium figure that is one level up and adjacent?

A: Yes. You have enough movement remaining to move onto the space, so you can. However, you don't have enough move to reach a final position on two same-level spaces after moving up, so you cannot choose to continue Crag's movement. Crag's move will therefore end after the trample attempt, even if he destroys the figure.

Quote:
As for the Frost Titan, you might consider that he has an aura that slows enemies (all spaces a figure enters takes an extra move to enter). Slippery ice would take 3 move, for example. The power could be named Numbing Cold. This could replace Knockback and the proposed Ice Spikes.
Interesting concept. I was thinking of some sort of enhanced version of Ice Cold. Adding a swirling-vortex-esqe power would be pretty cool, especially since it would usually give him first strike with his reach. I like it.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM

I re-did Ymir. Knockback is gone, replaced by "Blizzard", which is an enhanced version of Ice Cold with Swirling Vortex thrown in. I also slightly enhanced reach (seriously, have you seen that axe?) and renamed it "great axe".

Thanks to blizzard, he's now pretty dominant against any small/medium melee hero. That's OK, I think.

Last edited by dok; December 28th, 2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Actually, he already was pretty dominant against them.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Q: If Crag has two move remaining, can he attempt to trample a small/medium figure that is one level up and adjacent?

A: Yes. You have enough movement remaining to move onto the space, so you can. However, you don't have enough move to reach a final position on two same-level spaces after moving up, so you cannot choose to continue Crag's movement. Crag's move will therefore end after the trample attempt, even if he destroys the figure.
Wow. That's not intuitive at all & I bet at least 5 people out of 10 would come away from reading this card not understanding that.

I'm not sure how to help. I'll take a swing at editing if you'd like me to, or if you're happy with it as is I'll leave it alone.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs