Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old June 6th, 2007, 12:30 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Now I'm totally excited for this...those cards look great.

And the stats and new powers are uber cool

Whoo Hooo 600 posts!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
On the 'S' at the bottom of some cards: The Red Skull and Captain America are the only Marvelscape units so far that aren't "super" in the usual sense-- both of them are basically just normal humans with superior training or intellect. So my guess is that the 'S' means that those units have super powers and that a figure with super powers will be subject to different rules. For instance, if somebody had the ability to negate super powers, Captain America and the Red Skull wouldn't be affected. That's my 2 cents...
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
On the 'S' at the bottom of some cards: The Red Skull and Captain America are the only Marvelscape units so far that aren't "super" in the usual sense-- both of them are basically just normal humans with superior training or intellect. So my guess is that the 'S' means that those units have super powers and that a figure with super powers will be subject to different rules. For instance, if somebody had the ability to negate super powers, Captain America and the Red Skull wouldn't be affected. That's my 2 cents...
Nice observation.
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
Good theory. Although, isn't Tony Stark a normal human except for the powers the suit grants? I guess it may be access to superpowers for whatever reason: Doom and Stark's enhancing suits.
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:38 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I wonder what the logo at the bottom of some the cards means (looks like an "S" with spiraling arms around it). Some of the cards have it and some don't.
Cap and Red Skull are the only ones that don't have it, as of yet. Why are they different?
Perhaps it is related to the new Glyphs?

The Life blood splatter has moved over quite a bit to the left on these cards.
Maybe it's Super Strength
I'm guessing its Super Strength to an effect. Perhaps these are the only characters who can smash through the ruin wall? Hopefully this mechanic will extend further to picking up cars and thrown objects (perhaps used by the new glyphs).

Quote:
As for the swirly S, good ideas. Doesn't Cap have super strength, though?
This was my thought to, but at the same time, I could see him without it. While Cap is Super Strong, he's not really the kind to smash through walls or throw cars at his opponent. I can see leaving it off his card to respect that flavor. I would like to point out that, interestingly enough, the symbol does seem to appear on the picture just above the card shot where all the box contents are spread out.
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM

ROM has disabled reputation
I would guess that all of the cards will receive the "S" symbol as the finished product. And that there will be a different symbol for each expansion. I don't think that the symbol will have any impact on the game itself.
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:41 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
REJECTED BY DEATH

That has to be the coolest name for a special. Perfectly fits Thanos.

I'm starting to get that custom itch again...who should I start with?
Interestingly enough, my itch started last night. Some sort of creepy premonition? In any case, you can see the first one I did last night in the link in my signature if you'd like. I'll probably be doing the other 6 City of Heroes /Villains figures later tonight, as well as redoing Positron now that I have a sense of how Marvel figures are priced.
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:43 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
What the heck happened to Iron Man's Explosion Special?!?! Now I'm disappointed

(Also, I'm loving the "within clear sight" of Red Skull with no range restriction. I was thinking about doing that on a custom.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:46 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
I would guess that all of the cards will receive the "S" symbol as the finished product. And that there will be a different symbol for each expansion. I don't think that the symbol will have any impact on the game itself.
Probably right.
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Just an additional thought: If Thanos is 360 points, that only leaves 140 for a 500pt game...so who else thinks standard Marvel battles will be 600, with 2-3 heroes on a side?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Perhaps these are the only characters who can smash through the ruin wall? Hopefully this mechanic will extend further to picking up cars and thrown objects (perhaps used by the new glyphs).
S is for SMASH!
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Delph is surprisingly tart
Very cool and suprising to see this. I look forward to giving it a go.

but

I know as a fellow collector, I'll be satisfied with this release for about 5 days before I start chomping at the bit for new figures. What is the general concensus on when the first Marvel expansion packs will be released? What do you think they will release?

It seems for sure that they'll need some squads and short of S.H.I.E.L.D, they will all be baddies (Hydra, A.I.M., Skrulls, Molemen?) Although I think it would be a fun unique squad to do a figure set of Madrox the Multiple Man.

Here's a list of figures that I'd love to see:

1. Modok with A.I.M. squad
2. The Sinister Six Pack (the originals; Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Kraven the Hunter, and Mysterio)
3. Nick Fury and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (alternately, Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos)
4. The Fantastic Four
and to foil the FF,
5. SuperSkrull and the Skrull fleet

I pick these as a suggestion to Hasbro, because we are going to want to buy and buy alot. If all they come out with are unique heros, then what's the use of buying multiple pack? Give us Squads. Lots and lots of squads. That'll keep us happy until the next release.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News