Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:06 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Identify Your Card For Fame and Glory!

A while ago I appealed to everyone on a different thread to PLEASE identify your supers card with your name or handle, so I can give you credit when I play it. During "The Great Supers Card Hunt" a couple of years ago, I pulled cards from all kinds of individual's threads, taking ABOUT six weeks of full work days to collect hard copies of my favorite independent and committee supers cards onsite--see The Chas Quickscan Master Lists for the results. These lists (for Good and Evil) have been updated since then, and have Team Rosters attached.

Unfortunately, I was partway through the search when I realized I needed to write down the designers, as many cards were identified on their fronts, but many others still were not. A fairly small number of cards still have no designer ID!

So from now on, if I play a card I can't identify from back then, I'll post it here, so the designer can jump in and name himself, getting credit on any posts where I mention his/her card. In order to validate your authorship, just tell me how many points the card costs--other than that, we'll use the honor system.

Thanks for all your fun work to all the independent and committee supers card designers onsite. Even if I end up modifying or updating your card on my own custom's thread, I'll always give you credit--if I know who you are!
Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:07 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Identify Your Card For Fame and Glory!

Our first unidentified card will be used in our upcoming NYCG "Spectrum Lantern" battle. I actually have a figure for it, which came in a Heroscape pack with various DC heroes and villains serving as various spectrum lanterns. To my knowledge, no one else has made cards for any of the other figures in this set, except for Orange Lantern (Lex Luthor) and Yellow Lantern (Jonathan Crane) (C3Gs) . If anyone has, I'd love to know about it!

UNIDENTIFED CARD:

1. Blue Lantern (Barry Allen)
Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here You Go

@Aggressive Sock

Here.

~Dysole, blue in the face
Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:03 PM

Curiouser and curiouser. Now this is an interesting card, but either not the one I have, which is a complete card with a different illustration, or one which has been very reworked. If no one else comes forward, I'll be happy to type up the text of the one I have for comparison!

Thanks. I can't think of any reason for you to be embarrassed, unless its a C3G internal thing.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:10 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
All In Good Pun

I was just making a pun.

~Dysole, who'd be red in the face for embarassment
Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Curiouser and curiouser. Now this is an interesting card, but either not the one I have, which is a complete card with a different illustration, or one which has been very reworked. If no one else comes forward, I'll be happy to type up the text of the one I have for comparison!

Thanks. I can't think of any reason for you to be embarrassed, unless its a C3G internal thing.
Probably not the one you have as Sock is working on this one currently in the C3G public designs and it is still being worked on. It's been pretty close to the top in voting so it will probably be finished before too long.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 4th, 2015, 03:23 PM

FATSNACK Woo who?

When I first started making cards I had done some for DC Characters. They are not the best designs, but my friends and I enjoy them. If you search Fatsnack DC Scape it will bring up my original post. I have a good collection of Lanterns in there. Hope this helps.
Old June 4th, 2015, 03:57 PM

Fatsnack,

Hey, its nice to hear from you--I already have a number of your cards in my hard copy collection, and on my Master Lists. Oddly enough, you were not clear that you were claiming possible ownership of this card. So I found you had one of that title also. But although it has title and even the same comic drawing, it is not in fact the one I am using.

Since you do put your name on your cards, if it had been yours, I would have been able to ID it. but it gave me a chance to look at your cards again, and I think I'll be printing out some more of them soon!
Old June 4th, 2015, 08:45 PM

FATSNACK Woo who?

Chas, no problem. These were my first attempt at making cards. I have been working on building a entirely new game that incorporates some new movements, to help open up the cards for more language. I literally have just over 600 different figures between Marvel and DC that i have been working on now for 2 years. I got away from the hexagon card and made a rectangular card. I still have a long way to go, but slowly getting there. Glad i could help.
Old June 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM

In terms of matching figures (or proxies) with cards, there's nothing as great as when new cards come out for figures I already have accumulated, or vice versa.

Here are a couple more villains whose designers I failed to pick up when originally printing out their cards, which I put on the table recently:

Chemo

Despero

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations